PDA

View Full Version : another question...antenna tube

awfireman
03-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Well, after a outting with my BJ 29 tonight it came back and the antenna tube was missing. Dont know how as it was glued on with elmers. Anyway...
seeing I have to replace it anyway I am looking for a black antenna tube and was wondering if any of you know were I could acquire one? And what size
(as in diameter). I have searched online and there are a few sizes to choose from. I need one to fit a a stock BJ 29 antenna. I know its a simple item but just want to be sure I get the right one. Thanks again for any help!

-Fireman

Cooper
03-12-2013, 12:16 AM
If not here try kintecracing.com.

tlandauer
03-12-2013, 01:38 AM
Well, after a outting with my BJ 29 tonight it came back and the antenna tube was missing. Dont know how as it was glued on with elmers. Anyway...
seeing I have to replace it anyway I am looking for a black antenna tube and was wondering if any of you know were I could acquire one? And what size
(as in diameter). I have searched online and there are a few sizes to choose from. I need one to fit a a stock BJ 29 antenna. I know its a simple item but just want to be sure I get the right one. Thanks again for any help!

-Fireman
I use 1/2" silicone tube---the same water cooling tube in your boat to secure the antenna tube to the mount on the hull. slide a piece on the tube first and then carefully insert the whole assembly in to the mount.9512795128
This not only makes a better seal against water but it will help to hold down the antenna tube more securely.