PDA

View Full Version : IMPBA D12 Race Schedule

Chilli
03-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Folks, The D12 Meeting hasnt officially taken place yet but the 2013 Distrct Race Schedule has been verified by the hosting clubs to District Director Don. Here it is:

April 26-28, District Race #1, Boonsboro MD Hosted by the Model Boaters of Balitmore

May 17-19, District Race #2, Queenstown, MD Hosted by the Delmarva Model Boat Club

June 21-23, District Race #3, Centreville, VA Hosted by the Capitol RC Model Boat Club

August 23-25, District Race #4, Centreville, VA Hosted by the Capitol RC Model Boat Club

September 21-22, District Race #5, Cascade, MD Hosted by the Model Boaters of Baltimore

A few notes, the Old Dominion Model Boat Association in Chesapeake is still working on getting a pond. Should they get one, the Capitol RC Model Boat Club will let them have the August Race date. The Capitol RC Club is still working on getting approval for the August date themselves form the UOSA. Also take note that the last race of the season hosted by the Model boaters of Baltimore will be at Fort Richie in North Central Maryland and not the traditional site at Greenbrier State Park.

Check out the Capitol RC web site (in my signature) for a complete listing of races in the area. Plus classes run and district rules.

One more thing. Spring SAWs in Elizabeth City will be held next weekend from Friday March 15 thru Sunday the 17th at Fun Junction Park. Take a ride and check out some of the fastest boats in the IMPBA.

HydroMike
03-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Chilli do u know by chance about the gas clash ?

Chilli
03-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Sure don't. I think Don said they are working on a date. I didnt know if they were going to have it this year since Charleston was holding the Gas Nats.

Also there is a date change for Race #5 since it was scheduled for the same weekend as Fall Nats. It's been moved to late September. Though not officially verified by Don yet.

egneg
03-13-2013, 09:47 AM
I sure hope ODMBA gets the lake back. I have been holding off on my IMPBA membership this year as last year I wasted my money on hopes they would be racing.

Chilli
03-13-2013, 10:51 AM
Chuck, Last time I talked to Dick, they were pursuing a pond about 10 miles west of Chesapeake. I don't want to discuss ODMBA business any further because I'm not a member, but give Dick a call and let him know your out there. Especially if you are willing to help out!!

Hope to see you this year. That August date is yours if you guys get rolling!!

bsmtboy2
03-21-2013, 01:20 AM
Race #5 has been moved to september 20-22 at Fort Richie Lake confirmed, The b sport hydros will run with the sport 20's. Sorry for the error on the flyer but it should read B/P Mono . Thanks Chili for all your help.

Chilli
03-21-2013, 07:20 AM
Thanks Charles. Appreciate the Baltimore Club stepping up to host two races this year and welcome to the board. We're allot nicer here than on Jim's. Well, most of the time. :huh:

All the district heat racing dates are confirmed. No rule or class changes this year. It looks like as long as none of the five district races gets cancelled this year we will be having a points championship in 2013.

ODMBA will be having a meeting with VA Beach Parks and Rec this weekend reference a new pond down the by the Ampitheater. Issues need to be worked out and it's premature to hope for a new club practice or racing venue but lets hope for the best.

Congrats to Danny Schumbrecht (Diegoboy) for upping his N Tunnel record to 64.562mph last weekend at Elizabeth City SAWs.

Oval Trials will be held in Franklin, VA the weekend before the Greenbrier Race. I think we're going to have a good FE crowd for that one!! Info for that should be in the March Roostertail due out any day now.

Chilli
04-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Here is some info from John Roberts ref a possible new ODMBA pond:

I just got off the phone with Dick and this is the most current info. As we already know he said the manager of the complex where the pond is located is extremely enthusiastic. However the pond and property are still owned by the city of Virginia Beach. The complex manager and one of his friends who also works for the city are talking with the city higher ups on our behalf to try and get us access. But I might remind everyone that these are the same people who wanted to let us host club races at lake Windsor... for $900 a race and $2000 to put on the district race. He is hopeful because even though a lot of the people involved have shot us down before, we do have a lot of new people involved this time as well. He does not need any help at this time, no phone calls to city official required or anything like that. If the club does get the water though, there will be plenty to do for all. I'm not sure if making an attempt at approach at this with the club as a whole would be of any benefit. I seem to recall we tried that with Chesapeake and it it got us was nothing.

egneg
04-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Sounds promising Mike.

Chilli
04-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Knock on wood!!