PDA

View Full Version : Flipped Boat

erichinsocal
06-25-2008, 07:10 AM
:help: Unfortunately I flipped my sv27 brushless. After retrieving the boat I took it home removed everything & promptly dried all parts with a fan or used air compressor to blow out. What other things should I do before trying to run it again??

dubkatz
06-25-2008, 07:05 PM
alot of us flip our boats all the time, at least i do. :confused2:
All i do is drain all the water and continue on. I make sure no water gets in the radio box. There always is a little. So i put a small peace of paper towel in there to obzorb(spelling) what does get in there. and at the end of the day, i spray some wd40 in the motor to help resist rust. Granted im a newbie myself, and only have a few hours run time. But water doesnt seem to hurt. All my nimh packs are sidexside so they dry out fine. If you are running stick packs. be careful because water will get in between the cells and start rusting. Some will say to grease the flex shaft after every run. But i think thats over kill, i have checked mine after several runs, and all the grease is still there.
Also if you have the patience tape the hatch with hatch tape(i use electrical tape) and that will help keep out ALOT of water. I usualy doesnt just because im too lazy:tongue_smilie:

motoxbob11
06-25-2008, 10:08 PM
Can't emphasize this enough for newbies or old timers---tape that hatch down. Steven sells a great tape on his site. Seal up every other place the water can come in and you will be set. When mine flips I can take my time and paddle out and get it and there is no water inside. If you run lipos this is even more important.

Ub Hauled
06-26-2008, 12:37 AM
Chk Speedo, Receiver and cells...
the rest can take a little water until you get home and Corrosion X it all.

hex-dj
06-26-2008, 01:37 AM
Erichinsocal,did you buy the missing from factory left turn fin? And also the small black cover that goes in the hatch? Dry all the parts and after a while your boat will be running normal. I hope you did not flip it in salt water, because the motor will start to get rust ride away and many other parts too.

ghostofpf1
06-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Erichinsocal,did you buy the missing from factory left turn fin? And also the small black cover that goes in the hatch? Dry all the parts and after a while your boat will be running normal. I hope you did not flip it in salt water, because the motor will start to get rust ride away and many other parts too.

Not to mention the instant havoc saltwater plays with energized electronic boards and their copper parts n pieces.The electrolitic (??) reaction causes lots of pretty green foam as it eats away all the copper on the pcb..
Ghost

rocket-ron
07-03-2008, 08:39 AM
I smear a little line of grease around the rubber gasket in the top of the radio box.Never had any water get in since. Ron

H&MWill
07-03-2008, 10:09 AM
I always put a couple of drops of oil on the motor bearings.