PDA

View Full Version : WTB Proboat Mystic Strut

JimClark
02-18-2013, 08:15 PM
Looking for a like new Mystic 29 strut

lenny
02-18-2013, 08:31 PM
Hey Jim,
I hear they do not hold up good and should be replaced with something better.
Mine is very loose to and the boat is almost like new other than that,
I will be replacing mine to soon.

JimClark
02-18-2013, 08:34 PM
My boat came with a speedmaster but the PB stuffing tube appears to be an oddball size or maybe metric and it is loose going into the strut

lenny
02-18-2013, 08:53 PM
Ok yes,
Darin Jordan had to make a spacer when he did his.
Some info hear on it.http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?17514-Miss-Geico-Race-Prep
Also hear in the beginning posts second page to.http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?29976-Your-MG-that-started-off-as-a-hull

G.Rose
02-19-2013, 09:07 AM
I had a slight gap between my stuffing tube and my strut. I put a piece of brass in to the strut then measured the gap to the white stuffing tube. The brass almost fit over the metric brass tube from the boat. I took a phillips screw driver to stretch the brass piece in the strut to fit over the metric brass tube. I hope you can do the same.

lenny
02-19-2013, 09:21 AM
Hey Gary,
What strut are you using on the boat ?

G.Rose
02-19-2013, 09:25 AM
Not a speedmaster. I had an old one out of made out CF w/ a flat bottom. I adapted it to the boat. I am testing this morn. If it doesn't work I am going to an old octura strut w/ a small skeg.

lenny
02-19-2013, 09:51 AM
Ok thanks for that info,
Have you been running and working with these hulls long ?

JimClark
02-19-2013, 02:32 PM
anyone have a junk strut that still has the nose cone on it?

JimClark
02-19-2013, 04:48 PM
found a solution I can make a new nose piece that will fit into my speed master strut by using this K&S tube
I just need to drill it out to .240 and it will fit perfectly over the metric stuffing tube in the PB Mystic

BHChieftain
02-20-2013, 11:46 PM
Was this a stock Mystic? I have a new Miss Geico and wanted to ditch the plastic liner and was wondering what size flex and strut to use...

Chief

JimClark
02-20-2013, 11:57 PM
the flex is .150 I am replacing the stuffing tube so it will fit the speedmaster strut that came with the boat I bought

lenny
02-21-2013, 12:05 AM
Hey Jim if you do not need the strut any more,

I still need find something for mine.

Chief let me know if Jim does not need it.

JimClark
02-21-2013, 12:19 AM
I don't have the stock strut only the speedmaster that came with the boat and I am using that.
This is what I have http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ros-21-strut
Jim

Darin Jordan
02-21-2013, 09:13 AM
Jim, if you can make it work with the Speedmaster strut, you'll be happier. The bearing material in the stock struts doesn't hold up very well, and is a little sloppy.

That said, I bore my stock struts out to .250" and install Lead-Teflon bushings, and then the world is all good! :) Pretty simple to do and everything else fits as designed....

lenny
02-21-2013, 09:26 AM
Hey Darin, :tiphat:
Where can I get the bushing to do that to mine ?
Also any trick to fix the sloppy rudder on it as well ?

Thanks for any info on it.

JimClark
02-21-2013, 02:16 PM
I am definitely replacing my stuffing tube only decision remaining is Teflon or no Teflon. I can see it now I bore a proboat strut out to fit the octura bushings then get in a wreck and the stuffing tube gets damaged then It is difficult to find the right size of tubing.
Gonna fix it correctly the first time
Jim

Jim, if you can make it work with the Speedmaster strut, you'll be happier. The bearing material in the stock struts doesn't hold up very well, and is a little sloppy.

That said, I bore my stock struts out to .250" and install Lead-Teflon bushings, and then the world is all good! :) Pretty simple to do and everything else fits as designed....