PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Spectrum telemetry in boats?

bikergreen
02-10-2013, 10:14 PM
I want to be able to monitor some info and think the telemetry set up would be great. They also have an add on for monitoring amps but it looks like its for planes only. I would get an eagle tree but I don't have a PC and I don't really have a need to look at graphs and what not, just want live data so I can monitor it. Any input?

Thx

Diesel6401
02-10-2013, 11:16 PM
I was running a sr3300t that i waterproofed with my dx3s for a while. Nice to be able to monitor temps live. I setup an alarm to beep at a predetermined temperature. Its nice when testing new setups. I also used a eagletree though as that information is valuable for dialing in a setup. My sr3300t is in my sc10 now though. Crucial for those hot summer days in the south!

Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk

GRAEME LOUW
02-11-2013, 01:23 AM
Hi Bikergreen
Yes I am using a DX8 with telemetry in a conquest hull with a 2028 and 300 amp SW ESC. I have motor temp as well as battery voltage readouts and it works well. What is interesting is to see how the heat builds up when you only run at lower throttle speads and as soon as you open up how the temp comes down. I have the audio setup.
Cheers
Graeme