PDA

View Full Version : BJ26 No Power Please Help

tothpl
06-21-2008, 12:38 PM
I need help with this one cause i just got her setup the i want her and now she doesnt want to turn on. A little history first, flipped her twice, flooded both times. dried everything out, and she still worked. no problem there. upgraded the hardware and switched to lipos (3 cell 5000mah). upon switching the hardware i cracked the stuff tube which is how i flooded her this time. i took everything out and dried it. only theres no power after i hook everything up. the lipos are still good i checked them in my car. everythings is hooked up, turn on my tx turn on my rx, then nothing. did i fry the esc when the water hit the electrics?
thanks or the help guys.
-Peter

Rex R
06-21-2008, 02:39 PM
to check things you'll need a receiver battery pack, if you can borrow one that will work if not you may have to buy one(check your local hobby shop, they might let you 'borrow(in store)' to test), unplug the esc from Rx, plug in the rx pack turn the radios on, and see if you have rudder control. if you do the esc is prolly toast. if the steering doesn't work then it is likely that the rx is fried. hth
rex

tothpl
06-23-2008, 04:13 PM
The esc was toast! Took it to the LHS to help me run some tests with their rx pack. The weird thing though is that when I flooded it this time, the box didnt get wet inside. I double checked by pushing a paper towel into the foam thats surrounds the rx. Nothing it was dry. It might have sprung a leak with the water cooling inside the thing. i cant really check for that. Either way its history. Thanks for the help though.

tothpl
07-25-2008, 10:14 PM
ok i have an update.... the motor was actually fine. i switched out the esc and started her up and the motor gave me this weird beepy squeelie noise. so when i went to pull the motor out, lifted it up, a bunch of water came dripping out!! (there's your problem!) so i left it outside to dry out completely. now shes back in fighting shape. thanks for the tips guys!