PDA

View Full Version : Bump in the road

SJFE
06-21-2008, 07:59 AM
The title was quoted to me by Steven and it fits the last week perfect. As you guy's may have noticed I have not been around. Our little guy has been in the hospital. He has been diagnosed with Central nerves system apnea complicated with reflux. This basicly means he stops breathing and spits up alot. We where admitted for a few days for testing and returned home yesterday. He is on a heart lung monitor indefinitely. His condition seems to be self correcting so far. We havent needed cpr to revive him from epesodes(3 or 4 a day). I have excellent insurance & we have in home care visits along with 24 hour tech support on the equpiment. A nurce comes out to the house and uploads the data and will deliver it to the apnea center once a week. As data is observed our usage on the equipment can be adjusted but for now he is on it 23 hours a day.
We are lucky to have such a good support system and we keep in mind many many parents have it WAY worse than us. That being said I should be back to hanging around and being a PIA very soon:tongue_smilie:.
Just figured I blog a bit.
Tom

andym
06-21-2008, 08:16 AM
Tom my hope and best wishes goes out to you and yours. I am a single dad of two and mate I can only imagine the pain you are going through. Have faith that all will end up OK.

RMZDADDY
06-21-2008, 08:40 AM
So sorry to hear that Tom, my family and I hope your son has a speedy recovery, and I always thought of you as a heck of a nice guy, far from a pia.
Best wishes to you and yours.

Jeepers
06-21-2008, 09:28 AM
My family and I wish your son a speedy recovery, as a father of a 9 month old that had complications my heart goes out to you, and saddens me to hear this. best wishes to you and your family.

SJFE
06-21-2008, 12:02 PM
Thank you for your support guys. It means alot :smile:

Eodman
06-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Tom I wish you the best, When our youngest was born he had severe food allergies & we came close to losing him the 1st few days he was home. Lost almost half his body weight until we convinced the peds DR that something wasn't right!

Everything turned out OK but not a pleasant time I know, due me a favor give your wife a hug & if you need one don't be afraid to ask her!

We all wish you folks the best & If there's is anything that we on this forum can do ... well all you need do is ask!

JimClark
06-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Will pray for you and the little guy.

Been there done that my son at 12 was diagnosed with Cancer

eclipse
06-21-2008, 10:42 PM
sorry to hear this i hope he gets better soon

SJFE
06-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Thanks guy's We are adjusting ok :smile:

Simon.O.
06-23-2008, 04:39 PM
I only have the 1 little girl, 7yo.
She has had no more than a cold and a sore tooth in 7 years, I have no idea of what it must be like to have your little one in anything other than top condition.
It spins my head to begin to imagine what it is like.

I trust you have the strength to cope with this and remember that all of us out here send our thoughts and hope for an improvement in his condition.

Chop
06-23-2008, 04:52 PM
Tom, a pain??? NOT!!! You have been very helpful to me in the past – sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm of this sport.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope my moral support can be enough.

Good Luck.
Chop

H&MWill
06-23-2008, 06:01 PM
Tom your family is in our prayers. Will

Diegoboy
06-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Tom.
TJ will be in my family's prayers!

Tunda
06-24-2008, 04:37 AM
Tom i will pray for your family hang in there man.................

properchopper
06-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Tom, You and your family will be in my prayers every day.

SJFE
06-24-2008, 04:38 PM
I was never a person of faith & don't go to church. I have however seen the power of prayer work. Thank you all. We are sure Tj will get better in time. We will keep everyone posted.
Tom & Rach

SJFE
06-24-2008, 04:42 PM
We took this one a few day's before he went in the hospital. It's one of my favorits.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e343/STOAK/Thomas%20james/DSC02678.jpg

Steven Vaccaro
06-24-2008, 11:36 PM
Beautiful picture! I don't mean to down play the problem. But I like to think of the positive, Thankfully it seems as its only a bump. With some sleepless nights you will get by this.

JimClark
06-24-2008, 11:50 PM
Very cute looks very contented there.
Jim

chirotray
06-25-2008, 03:21 AM
I hope it gets better asap, my son is only 3 weeks old and thats a handful enough, so i cant imagine what you have on your plate.

avengersteve
06-25-2008, 04:39 PM
hey hope everything is going ok. I know how much it hurts to see your child in pain. need anything let us know from my son to yours
"get better so you can have cake"

SJFE
06-25-2008, 04:59 PM
STEVE damn nice to see ya man. The picture...THATS how cake is eaten...:rockon2:. Good lookin boy. Tj had his follow up today and is over 9 pounds already. Seems pukin on mommy every time he eats isent keepin him from gaining weight...lol. Everything looked ok & the monitor is working out fine. Ive only had to help him breath once since we have been home. Thats not so bad :smile:

avengersteve
06-25-2008, 05:16 PM
STEVE damn nice to see ya man. The picture...THATS how cake is eaten...:rockon2:. Good lookin boy. Tj had his follow up today and is over 9 pounds already. Seems pukin on mommy every time he eats isent keepin him from gaining weight...lol. Everything looked ok & the monitor is working out fine. Ive only had to help him breath once since we have been home. Thats not so bad :smile:

figured id come back. thats an old picture but got the point accross. Car is done and its nice out. Hit up my buddy at AQ may be able to score some more sv stuff soon!:bounce:

ozboater
07-11-2008, 11:22 PM
best of luck sj... keep ya chin up...