PDA

View Full Version : Trophy Race in District 1??????

madmikepags
02-04-2013, 06:18 PM
I'm just curious, I haven't even spoken to my Club members, but would any of the guys here be interested in traveling to NJ in the fall, either Sept or Oct for a trophy race???? I'm thinking a 2 day event with open water on a fri racing sat & sun? Anyone be interested?

Chilli
02-04-2013, 08:53 PM
I think I could talk a guy or two into coming up from IMBPA 12 depending on the date. :smile:

FE only or mixed??

madmikepags
02-05-2013, 09:52 AM
Prob just FE, our regular lake only electric is allowed and to do a good 2 day event I think combining would be too big of an event. But I'm just tossing it out there right now, I haven't even proposed this to my club members.

T.S.Davis
02-19-2013, 03:14 PM
I'll ask around too Mike. I got a note from Tom asking "did ya see did ya see?!" Ken and I had such a great time in Jersey the last time the nats were over there.

madmikepags
02-19-2013, 03:20 PM
Well Terry I'm tossing around having a trophy (Mi Cup style race) this fall (sept oct) just a Fri sat race, and we are going to lobby to have the nats here in '14. I have to wait till our season schedule comes out to see what weekends we have free, but I really want to do this!!!!!!

T.S.Davis
02-19-2013, 03:29 PM
I know Tom would want to go. I'd have to clear it through headquarters. Work would be zero issue for me now. I'll check with Fred too. The three of us travel well together. If I remember it's about 10 hours or so.

photohoward1
02-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Could be done....Never know what is in store for me that late in the season though.....

madmikepags
02-19-2013, 04:23 PM
yeah its about 10-11 hours, I'm getting feedback from my club members and gotta check the schedule for the month of sept probably later sept (we can't overlap w nitro/gas race a lot of guys here do both) then I'll be more set, but it seems like it's gonna happen!!!

T.S.Davis
02-20-2013, 09:37 AM
We have a club gig on the 15th of September.

While you're shuffling I'll see who I can scrounge up in the these parts. I'm sure we could get somebody out there.

madmikepags
02-20-2013, 11:29 AM
ok i'll keep that in mind

tjcast
02-20-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm in!!

HOTWATER
02-20-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm in DE....sounds good to me....
Where in NJ?

-Kent

T.S.Davis
02-20-2013, 02:32 PM
I'm in!!

See. I have 3 more guys that would have to get permission from their wives. Myself included.

madmikepags
02-20-2013, 03:20 PM
randolph NJ

ray schrauwen
02-20-2013, 03:23 PM
I'd love to but, it will take a bit of a financial miracle.

I really like that place. The pics of the last venue from there make it an excellent place to race boats, lots of shade etc...

T.S.Davis
02-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Mike, would it be on the pond that the 2006 nats were held? That would not be a good venue for you Ray. Beautiful location and a great pond but rough driving situation. I was standing on a tree root to gain some elevation.

madmikepags
02-20-2013, 04:57 PM
we will be building a drivers stand for the event

HOTWATER
02-20-2013, 08:01 PM
Generators, canopies, bbq grills, lakeside parking...any of those a problem? Security at the site overnight for people leaving trailers, canopies, etc...? Porta-crapper? Floating clock for the course? Entry fee?

-Kent

madmikepags
02-20-2013, 09:06 PM
Generators, canopies, grills, trailers, parking, no problem. There will most likely be no camping. I Have to check with town as to leaving trailers and having security there. Hotels are w/in 5-10 minutes of lakesite. Porta potty is there, there is also plenty of shopping and food close by. We prob will not have a floating clock as we don't have one but i will look in to it, but i will have electronic scoring of some type. I am still in the planning stages but entry fees will be on par with most other trophy type races, will be looking for sponsorships also. I have to have a meeting with my club members, but I allready have the approval of a majority of our members. I have to check our district schedule with Gas and Nitro so we don't have any conflicts, as a lot of our FE racers also race Gas and Nitro. As long as I get a good date that has no conflicts it looks like this race will happen. Prob trophies for 1-3 all classes, a team championship and a HP trophy but I will work all that out w/in the next month or so. Wow just realized that sept is only 6 months away!!!! well looks like interest is pretty good so far I'll keep updating info as I plan more.

HOTWATER
02-21-2013, 10:12 AM
Nice...thanks for that info as i'm sure other racers have some of those questions....

Maybe Steven or Jim (Southriverrc) would offer sponsorship or raffle donations...??

-K

Chilli
02-21-2013, 12:29 PM
Maybe they will attend... :smile:

HOTWATER
02-21-2013, 12:54 PM
....and Doug (Rum Runner Hobbies)....

madmikepags
02-22-2013, 12:22 PM
Doug and Jim are members of our club a lot lnger than I have been, I believe Doug and his dad started it. I race w Doug all the time. They will be there. I'm friends with Steve too so I'll look into what he might b able to do. But im a bit away from that yet, I need to secure a date and lake site first and foremost and then go from there.

HOTWATER
02-22-2013, 03:13 PM
I knew Doug was D. 1 was not sure about Jim....good deal!

....Keep us posted...

Thanks,

-K

madmikepags
03-07-2013, 04:24 PM
I am tentatively looking at sept 13-15th as race dates, let me know what everyone thinks for these dates?

HOTWATER
03-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Sounds good...no races in D.12 that month....

tjcast
03-07-2013, 11:54 PM
That would prob eliminate us Michigan guys as we have a club race on the 15th.

T.S.Davis
03-08-2013, 08:11 AM
and I SO want to make this trip.

tjcast
03-08-2013, 08:42 AM
So do I! But the problem is that those of us in Mich that would make this trip are the ones that would be running our club race.

Doby
03-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Where exactly in NJ??

HOTWATER
03-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Randolf, NJ

madmikepags
03-08-2013, 01:44 PM
yes or right down the road, we have 2 lakesites randolph park is our regular FE lake but a mile or 2 down the road is another lake that we race gas and nitro at that would be a better site for a big race.

madmikepags
03-08-2013, 02:06 PM
would sept 27,28,29 be any better???

Eodman
03-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Hey Mike, I from Sayreville, not a member but would be willing to help out at the event!

HOTWATER
03-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Hey Mike, I from Sayreville, not a member but would be willing to help out at the event!

That right there is a good man...I don't care what anybody says....

-Kent

Eodman
03-08-2013, 09:26 PM
Stop you are going to screw up my rep! My head is getting larger!

madmikepags
03-10-2013, 04:09 PM
lol will take all the help we can get!!!!!!

ray schrauwen
03-24-2013, 10:32 AM
My GF is thinking she wants to do a road trip in Sept. She doesn't mind the traveling in her truck (my car won't take it) and she loves being at the gig itself.

We would like to get to the MI. cup too. I miss those guys... and gals.... That's the thing I noticed more about friends from below the 49th... They have their families involved a little more than up here and that's always an awesome atmosphere!

Wish us luck and maybe we will see you there!

Eodman
03-25-2013, 12:40 PM
C'mon down Ray loved to see you! Well maybe the girl friend more but tell her that!

ray schrauwen
03-25-2013, 02:31 PM
We will try our best. I really want to get out of Canada for a road trip. I love the different stuff just south of the border. The people are pretty darn nice too! :patriot:

Eodman
03-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Shoot - you can't be talking about me then!

bsmtboy2
04-10-2013, 01:04 AM
Sounds good Mad mike, you could make it interesting and do shootout format for some classes.........

madmikepags
06-17-2013, 02:52 PM
OK guys with the nats and Mi Cup I totally let this slip by, but here is what I'm proposing and looking for. It will be a 2 day racing event and 1 day open water, Fri sat sun sept 27,28,29 open water friday. here are the classees I'm thinking of running:
SATURDAY:
N1 mono
N2 Hydro
P-Hydro
P-lim mono
P-mono
1/8 scale
Q-sport

SUNDAY:
LSO
LSH
Open offshre
Open Mono (FE GAS NITRO)
Open Hydro (same)
Open Cat (same)

I need an idea of how many people are willing to attend from out of town so I can arrange hotel and talk to the town about trailers camping etc....

The race will be held at Horseshoe Lake in Succasunna Nj 07876 there is plenty pit space and a nice big lake, stores, shops, restaurants, hotels are 3-5 minutes away. let me know what you think we are awaiting town approval, hopefully this week.

madmikepags
06-17-2013, 02:56 PM
Oh there will be 3 rounds on each day if turnout is light we might go to 4 but I was just checking the calander and sunset is at 6;45 so we need to be done racing by 5-5:30 and start at 8:30.

Chilli
06-17-2013, 04:29 PM
Mikey, I've got to check the schedule but that may be doable for me and my son. I like the open classes!! To tell you the truth I like all the classes. Just curious. Why split the classes in two over the weekend? Running them all together gives you more time to charge batteries and work on boats between heats. You should be able to get four rounds in no problem. We run about 18 classes, start around 8:30am and wrap up around 5pm on Saturday getting two and a half rounds in. Then on Sunday we're done by early afternoon so everyone who travels can get home at a reasonable hour.

madmikepags
06-17-2013, 04:50 PM
well Mike, there are some guys that will run a lot of classes (me usually but I wont at a race that I'm hosting)so if they are split in 2 days they can race 3-4 on sat 3 or so on sunday and they can be a little more relaxed. But with all the P classes most guys wont have enuf batteries to race what they want unless we split the days, especially guys like me and chris costanza that each race 2-3 p classes and my 2 kids and his 2 kids also race 2 P classes!!! thats 8 sets of 4s batteries a round. I'll look into it, I also want to have the open classes on suday because that opens up more racing for our gas and nitro guys here in D-1 they can come out on sunday and race classes 3 times instead of coming for 2 days and just running twice a day.

tjcast
06-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Should be good for that.

madmikepags
06-17-2013, 05:34 PM
Also mike lookin at the time, if there is 18 heats, bare minimum 10 minutes for each heat, that makes for 3 hours per round thats 9 hours, with a good push we will start by 9 (we all want to get goin early but it never happens!!!) thats 9 hours for 3 rounds that puts us at a 6pm finish without a lunch break and then people packing up after and sunset is 6:45 (remember its late sept the days get shorter) with the less classes per day looking at maybe 10-12 fites per round that gives us a little more time for any inherint problems. Now looking at what I've put in the schedule I might swap LSH an LSO on sunday for Plim mono and scale. LSH and LSO are higher attended classes, we will get done earlier on Sunday. if i swap those classes.

HOTWATER
06-17-2013, 05:36 PM
No P Lim. Tunnel??

madmikepags
06-17-2013, 05:38 PM
I will call it "WAR AT THE SHORE"!!!! even though it's not at the jersey shore it sounds great!!!!

HOTWATER
06-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Duplicate post....

madmikepags
06-17-2013, 05:42 PM
we actually have NO opc's in our district or club and noone runs them, If we get the race done and approved I will put it on the signup, because I know the p-lim classes are always good buit for example we had only 3 opc's at the Nats.

Chilli
06-17-2013, 07:17 PM
well Mike, there are some guys that will run a lot of classes (me usually but I wont at a race that I'm hosting)so if they are split in 2 days they can race 3-4 on sat 3 or so on sunday and they can be a little more relaxed. But with all the P classes most guys wont have enuf batteries to race what they want unless we split the days, especially guys like me and chris costanza that each race 2-3 p classes and my 2 kids and his 2 kids also race 2 P classes!!! thats 8 sets of 4s batteries a round. I'll look into it, I also want to have the open classes on suday because that opens up more racing for our gas and nitro guys here in D-1 they can come out on sunday and race classes 3 times instead of coming for 2 days and just running twice a day.

Okay Mike, Sounds good. You know what suits your club members the best so what ever gets most amount of people racing. I'll work on a kitchen pass. I've got a P-Mono, P-Hydro, P-Lim Hydro, P-Lim Sport Hydro, Two P-Lim Tunnels a gas rigger and gas mono. We'll adapt to whatever classes you choose to run. Now the important question.. Is there a good Italian Bakery close to the pond?? LOL

madmikepags
06-17-2013, 07:42 PM
No not there BUT......... I own a business in the Bronx 3 blocks from Arthur ave!!!!!! The "REAL" Little Italy!!!! whatever you need my brother!!!! HMMM I didn't even think of P-lim hydro?? we don't even consider it in our club the guys just run P?

Chilli
06-17-2013, 08:00 PM
Where I live, Costco is considered a good bakery. LMOA I'd kill for some good Italian Bread and Sfogliatelle. I was born in Bethpage and we moved to DC when I was little but we still have family on Long Island.

Like I said, we'll adapt on the entries. If you don't offer a P-Limited class we can run the Limited boat in P-Hydro. We don't have to have a fast boat in all the classes to have a good time. Would just like to meet some of the guys up north. Doug Jr. was nice enough to come to one of our IMPBA D12 races last year.

photohoward1
06-17-2013, 09:05 PM
I'm in! How about p spec cat?

HOTWATER
06-17-2013, 09:41 PM
If Chilli and his son John are going to attend, that's two P-Lim. tunnels + mine will make three...who knows, there may be others....

I am thinking I may attend....just won't have much to run on Sunday unless I run my P- Mono in open Mono....

I have a P-Lim. Tunnel, a P-Lim. Hydro and a P-Mono...

- Kent

madmikepags
06-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Howard I was thinkin running p-spec Mono/Cat? they run together in offshore why not in sprint? I'll prob throw in P-lim Hydro on sunday, and look at OPC too, but this is all speculation now we need to get the approval from the parks dept there. We run and race there all the time but we have never asked for a 2 or 3 day pass? I would like to not run N1 or N2 hydro but these are 2 big classes in our district.

madmikepags
06-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Our biggest problem with adding classes is the daylight issue, sunset is 6;45 so 6;00 racing would be pushing it, and it might be cold too the end of september. I wanna try and make people happy and get some out of town racers interested in coming here. Also this would be a good look at throwing a Nats here maybe in '15.

madmikepags
06-18-2013, 11:15 AM
Oh also if anyone is interested in N1 mono we still use 27T brushed motors, if you are interested in running this class and don't have one I will provide a motor and speed control for you. N1 is usually just kids in our district 15 and younger.

madmikepags
06-18-2013, 11:34 AM
here is what im looking to do:
SATURDAY:
P-Hydro
Q-Sport
P-lim mono/cat
p-lim sport hydro
Open Offshore
N2-Hydro
Scale (open FE and nitro)

SUNDAY:
P-Mono
p-lim OPC
N1 mono
P-lim offshore
p-lim hydro
Open Mono/Cat (Mi use to call this Ultimate sprint)
Open Hydro.

Chilli
06-18-2013, 12:41 PM
I like it!

R.J.S
06-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Was just wondering if there might be a FE Nats in D1 in '15 !!!

madmikepags
06-18-2013, 05:30 PM
We are discussing it, there is a lot to do before that happens starting with getting this race up and running and seeing if our little club can handle it, then putting a bid in and seeing who the other bidders are and then......... but I'm gonna focus on this race first.

R.J.S
06-18-2013, 05:55 PM
Understand all that Mike,and good luck on all of it!Think a lot of us are just hoping the Nats stay in the East for a couple of years.
But that's all a couple years down the road,the '13 Nats just wrapped up!Good luck for your race this year,don't know if any D3 guys can make it.

T.S.Davis
06-18-2013, 06:42 PM
Mike, I'm struggling to think past next week. Fred and I talked about it today. You're on our to do list.....I mean your race is on our to do list. Need to get approval from the brains at our houses.

Nats in 15? I thought we would just have them all in MI from now on. Hahahahaha

madmikepags
07-02-2013, 01:33 PM
OK guys the lake I wanted to get we can't get for that weekend, the next option is our regular club pond. The problem is there is not great access to the lake as far as driving your boats. there is a hill to get down to the water and thats where we drive from, I will try to get a drivers stand built but I don't know. Would you guys still be interested in coming to this, IT definiteld is not "The Elks club!!!"

madmikepags
07-10-2013, 11:40 AM
OK guys it looks like this race IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!! Sept 27-29th open water the 27th racing 28-29 I will finalize the classes w/in the next week and put registration up on RC racing events. The first annual "WAR AT THE SHORE"!!!!!

tjcast
07-10-2013, 12:33 PM
I'm In!!

HOTWATER
07-10-2013, 04:39 PM
I would love to come but it's just not going to happen for me unfortunately...

Thanks and good luck to everyone...see you at the next one...

Kent

fas
07-10-2013, 07:51 PM
Wife just gave me the ok I am good to go

T.S.Davis
07-11-2013, 08:53 AM
Nice line up Mike. You even built in some nap time on Sunday. haha I like it.

I've not cleared it with headquarters yet but she's the most patient woman I know.

fas
07-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Ok Mike

what are the classes that are running
Fred

Eodman
08-01-2013, 08:37 PM
So Mike for the entire weekend that's 14 classes?

madmikepags
08-14-2013, 11:47 AM
hello guys, sorry for the lack of contact. For many reasons I will not be holding this race, the biggest reasons are my lack of time and organization and the place we have to race is not conducive to large event. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

T.S.Davis
08-14-2013, 12:15 PM
Awe man. That's a bummer but we understand Mikey. You can't be everywhere and all things all the time. Group hugs. Say hi to Regg for me.

madmikepags
08-14-2013, 12:57 PM
thanks terry, just haven't been able to get anything done lateely, home, work, personal, hobby, just not motivated to do anything. I will say hey to Reg, she's gettin psyched for the NATS!!!! do you have the exact dates?

photohoward1
08-14-2013, 04:21 PM
I'm Bummed....I had it all planned.