PDA

View Full Version : Hifei Swordfish 200+ Esc Settings for 41" Cat

Mecka1990
02-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Hi Guys,

last time i got the first drive with my new cat, the problem is that i dont get any speed out of it ;(

some informations about the cat:
Lenght: 41"
Motors: 2x 2075 Kv 4 Pole D wind 37mm (going for bigger ones this year)
Esc: 2x swordfish 200+
Props: 45mm

i need some informations about the pwm rate, what it does? i startet with 8 khz, someone say go for 12-16 khz and your boat is faster? is that true? -.-

running it on 5s for each motor-esc....

the boat drives very nice, but i dont get any speed out of it, last gps messure was 32 km/h, and thats to slow -.- my radio says i get 100% throttle, maybe i put the esc-motor cables wrong? the twindrive propellers must drive to the middle of both or to the outside? X >< X or < X X > if someone understand what i mean hahahah

Mecka1990
02-04-2013, 06:41 PM
noone got a answer ?

setting up right now my esc´s.... need help soon haha

keithbradley
02-04-2013, 06:53 PM
I would expect around 60mph with your setup. If your only getting 32km/h, something is definitely wrong. There's no way to know without more info though. Perhaps the LVC is set incorrectly?

PWM should be fine at 8khz. Higher PWM rate won't make it faster.

Mecka1990
02-04-2013, 07:07 PM
take a second, i get everytime a system crash when i try to setup the esc, and i cant find the new firmware for 200+ hifei swordfish, maybe thats the problem, i got the firmware from the 200 standart esc from hifei ;(

Mecka1990
02-04-2013, 07:27 PM
Basic informations first drive:

Boat: 41" Zonda Cat Twindrive
Motors: D Wind 37mm SSS 2075kv 4 Pole (40mm coming soon)
Props: 43mm (45mm coming soon, maybe with some lift))
ESC´s: Hifei Swordfish 200+ (Plus version) (sorry im new with this esc´s ;(

ESC SETTINGS FIRST DRIVE, 34 Km/H:

LVC: 5 Cells (got for each motor and esc 1x 5s Lipo with 4000mah, 18,5V 45C, 180A Max discharge)
Cutoff Voltage/Cell: 3.1
Brake Types: no brakes (soft brake and hard brake also there, is this the reverse maybe?)
Timing Adance: Auto (whats this?)
Cutoff Type: Hard Cutoff
Startup Type: Standart (maybe go for Fast Start?)
PWM RATE: 8KHZ (some guy said if i go for more khz i get more speed out of it, but my motor and esc getting hotter)

now, what can i do to get the normal speed (speed calculater says 55mp/h lowest end with this setup)

i plug the esc´s with one cutoff red wire on the y cable to the receiver (because 2 bec is not ok)
My Radio shows 100% throttle, esc´s flashs red when i give full throttle (instruction say that this is normal and ok)
Radio connected like this: esc on, full throttle, radio on, 3 beeps, 2 beeps, throttle neutral postion, 2 beeps, first clear
2. esc the same

Props rotating to the middle of the boat, good greeced.
the boat needs about 3 seconds to get out of the water, i think the prop is to small to handle this hull, or i just ger wrong settings and without speed no hull on water.

The Program i use to set up the ESC´s is Hifei V4.03, there is a option for Logger Configuration and show the record where i can change some things that i never saw on a esc -.-, but when i change it my pc crashs down with a bluescreen, everytime, and i cant find a new firmware for my esc, running it with hifei 200 amps firmware, need the PLUS version firmware.

if someone got answers or hints what i can change on the esc configs i will be very grateful!

jcald2000
02-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Battery's can't deliver the amp's, try different batts.

Mecka1990
02-07-2013, 09:24 PM
just figured out that i got the 39mm props mounted, was suprised, i spray my spartan mettalic black (whole boat with hardware to) and take the prop out, just said WTF why the prather s220 is so much bigger then the zonda props -.- hor said he send me 45mm props, fail, i get only 39mm ;(