PDA

View Full Version : DF-35 1st New Build

straitline
01-29-2013, 08:24 PM
What's up OSE I'm starting my build of a DF-35. I'm new to the boat build world of I will take any suggestions. So everyone chime in at anytime on ways to rip the water. Here are my project picks just got this from OSE today.

Richie the shipwright
01-29-2013, 09:07 PM
Good luck! welcome to boats, a great hobby/pastime. First rule.. READ FIRST!! Anything you can find, learn from others triumphs and disappointments. Lots of great people here to help you out if you need....
DONT be afraid to ask questions, Thats how you learn. I find that almost always, someone has done it before...

Before you cut or drill any holes.... remember this rule- "measure twice, cut once" .

MAMBA2200
01-30-2013, 10:04 AM
one thought for you make sure when you start to drill a hole in the hull run the drill in reverse until your through the color or gel if you do not do this it will chip on you other than that measure twice drill once take your time and do it right and you will have a great boat:beerchug:

srislash
01-30-2013, 10:17 AM
These are a nice size.Handle awesome,a few ways to set it up.Mine is a 1717 powered puppy.

straitline
02-23-2013, 11:07 AM
Sup OSE I need some more great advice with my DF-35 build. I have all my hardware hung on the back of the boat. Now it's time for motor, esc and battery placement determined by COG. What is the best or starting point for COG. My calculation @ 30% is 10.5 inches from the transom. Once I determind that, I can begin to place the motor, esc batteries?? Correct? I'd like to keep my shaft short and have enough adjustment for battery movement to better COG. What are you guy's thoughts. Then it's off to building again!!