PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Tree readings on my new revolt

afishfool
01-28-2013, 05:13 PM
Hello all. I am starting this post with a brand new AQ revolt 30. I have a eagle tree v4 logger with GPS. For each logged run I will use the same pair of batteries, they are sky lipo 5000 mah 35c 2cell. They are about a year old maybe 15 cycles on them. The logger pics are the max seen by the logger. In time I will learn how to graph my reads but for what I am showing this will do for now with that said here I go. Yesterday I took the revolt out of box charge the batts put logger in and took across the street for a run batts side by side to the back of the tray, I changed nothing. The first pic shows a speed of 35.7 The next day I changed to a grim racer L45 x 68 the speed went up to 38.8 the boat porpoised real bad. The high rpm reading on second run must be the flip it took. Thursday when I am off I will try removing foam from battery tray and mounting bats low and on top of each other then I will start trimming. I will log each change and do only one change at a time to show how much of a difference it made.

chipgibbs
01-28-2013, 07:20 PM
Thats all good or, you could take the results of the rest of us and start at the top end and take it farther.
We've already tried all the props and all the batteries and it's all recorded in this forum.
The Revolt is a bad ass RTR, enjoy it.

ChipG

Mike Caruso
01-28-2013, 08:38 PM
Have fun!
MC

afishfool
01-28-2013, 09:26 PM
Thanks my revolt is the same color easy to see a white boat lol

Mike Caruso
01-28-2013, 10:08 PM
That's why I bought mine. I have Eagle Tree in mine also. the boat is stock except for 3-m pad the bottom, Hughey prop shaft, 5.5 battery to ESC connectors, wood added to battery box ends front and back but do not touch the hull, prop shaft straight with bottom of hull Grim 4s battery and last time out 52 mph my best with Octura X-642, 2nd best M-545 = 50 mph, If I remember 45.7 with 45x68 and 40.0 with stock prop. Battery moved all the way back in the box, only lowered one inside right rear trim tab until it is even with the hull.
I have galley pictures and I guess you can search my name to find out what I am forgetting. Best of luck to you and just a great boat. I am still learning the ET graphs myself.
Mike Aeromarine cable drive nut

ProfileBroKen
03-03-2013, 04:51 PM
Here is a recording of my stock Revolt 30 w/ M545 prop w/ aftermarket flex drive. I was surprised to see that full throttle runs were not blowing the stock electronics (1500 watts and 100+ amps :buttrock:). Temps are warm but not excessive. I ordered a GPS expander, I can't wait to see how fast this setup goes (just how accurate is GPS anyway?).

Anyway, my first FE and I am hooked!

ProfileBroKen
03-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Same setup. The boat is alot slower, but amps/watts are still up there with a little more run time left in the battery. I can't wait for the GPS unit to show up.94850

afishfool
03-07-2013, 01:42 PM
GPS seems to be accurate it is fun seeing if the boat goes faster with changes sometimes its slower but looks faster

Mike Caruso
03-07-2013, 04:31 PM
GPS seems to be accurate it is fun seeing if the boat goes faster with changes sometimes its slower but looks faster

You bet LOL
Mike

ProfileBroKen
03-11-2013, 07:54 PM
Bummed. I was sure my stock Revolt 30 with the Octura M545 was doing more than it was. :huh:

Fresh batteries were good for 45.8 mph. I was sure I was getting more. :crying: I guess I need to sharpen/balance the prop even more.

I learned on thing, the carbon fiber 45 X 1.4 prop is worthless, 38.5 mph with about the same battery drawdown with the same run time.

The carbon fiber 42 X 1.4 was good for almost 34 mph. However, I can run for 7 minutes with that prop and still have 20% left in the batteries.

Ran out of daylight so tomorrow I"ll throw the stock grimracer 42 X 55 prop and see what she does.

afishfool
03-11-2013, 10:11 PM
I got the m545 have not tryed it on the revolt yet I put it on my leopard powered spartan it seems to draw a lot of amps and heat the motor up a lot. Did your revolt get hot on it

ProfileBroKen
03-12-2013, 09:00 AM
IR temp gunned the motor (laser pointed into the motor can by the motor leads) at 135F right after popping the hatch. Batteries and ESC around 105/110F. So far everything is holding up...

siberianhusky
03-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Good way to cook the electronics with the constant on and off full throttle.
Don't think you let it run WOT for more than 20 seconds anywhere in there.

ProfileBroKen
03-13-2013, 09:24 AM
Good way to cook the electronics with the constant on and off full throttle.
Don't think you let it run WOT for more than 20 seconds anywhere in there.

Can you please explain to this FE newbie what you are really saying?

Thanks!

siberianhusky
03-13-2013, 02:17 PM
Look at the amp spikes from the constant on and off the throttle, your amp draw when running is low, it's the repeated spikes that are going to damage things. Not the low draw when running.
There is nothing at all to be gained by testing or running a boat like that, just going to burn up the esc spiking it like that every 10- seconds, not even long enough to get the boat running stable to see how it is actually set up and running.

ProfileBroKen
03-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Got it. I need to have more turn around room! Thanks.

D-Ral
03-22-2013, 04:50 PM
Hi AFISHFOOL
I have just purchased the elogger v4 and im in the reading stage and would like to know if you could take a picture or two of the hookup inside your boat of the elogger and esc, rpm ect... I'm unsure of the instructions on the rpm hard ware.

afishfool
03-22-2013, 09:34 PM
Not in the boat now just hook the elogger in line with one battery lead hook your rpm sensor in the motor plug by pulling plug apart shove a little of the bare wire from the rpm sensor in the hole and plug back in. Set your logger to six pole. Tape temp sensors with hatch tape on anything u want to read. The most fun I have with the logger is the GPS sensor. Sometimes the boat looks slower but it is more stable and the speed is faster . I can tell what speed I have gained then look at amps. Mount your logger so that if water gets in it stays above it I have got it wet and it still works but shuts off at that point

siberianhusky
03-23-2013, 09:07 AM
I would like to add the gps unit to mine. Be kind of neat for testing.
About all I log now are volts and amps, don't really find the rest is required, if you amp draw is high the temps will be high - pretty straight forwards.
The voltage is pretty much to log how the batteries are holding up under load, nice to be able to see what the voltage drop is over the life of the battery.
Depends what your doing, but I don't bother with rpm any more, for me it's more important to get the boat set up to finish. IMO having the fastest boat is pointless if it can't handle the chop from a bunch of boats running. To finish first first you have to finish!
I also don't use mine all the time, I figure once the boat is set up the readings aren't going to change unless I change the boat significantly. I'll put it in every once and a while to chack the batteries under load.
LOL also don't want to lose or kill it in a crash, already had a display break in a near 60mph violent blow over. One battery ripped loose, knocked the velcroed on panel loose and cracked it. Ended up wedged under the collet!
Fun devices, most of the guys I run with have them now. Couldn't imagine not having one anymore.