PDA

View Full Version : proteus motors

losi100
01-28-2013, 09:51 AM
I am thinking of using one of these motors in my cat build,: does anyone know much about them any info would be very helpfull thanks:confused2:

twissted
01-28-2013, 05:54 PM
Talk to Keith Bradley he has a Central Mystic (72") running with a pair of them. Alot of motor for the money. I have the X524 and I think that is what Keith is running as well. The way to look at motor for a build is what Kv are you wanting to run at and that will set the way the boat will handles and the props that will be needed. Remember that 6s will weighs a lot less than 12s. Weight is not a good thing if your looking for speed. you can fit longer water coolers on this motor to help with cooling. They come free if you buy them here. I had a extra cooling can that came with my SSS 5694 motor that I run in my 1/5 scale. This tells me that it a 56mm dia. motor. To do the sodering of the 8mm bullet connectors I use a small gas torch so that there is a lot of heat. The nice thing with these motors is the way that you can change the kv of these motors. I hope this helps.

twissted
01-30-2013, 07:30 PM
This is a larger can that was extra due in part that I installed one of the SSS5694 (Came with cooler) motors in my rampage race buggy. This is better due to it's size and larger cooling inlet and outlet holes. 92974