PDA

View Full Version : Question about a motley crew boat...

rhgraphix
01-20-2013, 12:18 AM
A friend has a motley crew. Just got a big crack down the side. I know it can be repaired, but does anyone know where to buy a new hull. Also if you have any suggestions to a better option as far as a hull. One that will accept all the hardware right away??? Don't know what is the best to do. I'm a newbie. Thanks

mtbenjamin77
01-20-2013, 12:48 AM
I have a brand new Motley Crew hull I was planning on building, but I'm currently building so many other boats for the local guys I don't have time. PM me if your interested. As far as using another hull and just swapping out the components, if you're a newbie that can be a more difficult task then it seems and you run the risk of having a boat that doesn't perform as well.

JimClark
01-20-2013, 02:33 AM
Moved to Motley Crew forum

siberianhusky
01-20-2013, 10:51 AM
What do you want to do with it?
I've got an H&M drifter S thats screaming fast with almost the same stuff as a motley crew, turns like a pig on ice though!
I've also got a Motley, if I ever build another cat I think it will be a Mean Machine, fast and corners well. The long skinny cats do well in straight line speed but don't corner the best, I don't run my drifter very often because I prefer turning!
Lots of info on here about the Mean Machine, quite a few youtube videos as well, take a look and see if you like them, they are a pretty popular boat. Should run pretty good with a Motley setup.

rhgraphix
01-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the info. I do like that mean machine hull.

kingwrench
01-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Would be better if you sent the operator of the proboat miss geico to drivers school

rhgraphix
01-20-2013, 03:30 PM
That is true!!!

skater368
10-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Want to sell your drifter?

siberianhusky
10-09-2013, 06:39 AM
Drifter is long gone, sold it before the ice melted on the pond.
Beautiful boats, well made but that SAW stuff isn't for me. Totally respect what the guys into it are doing, I just really like running against a bunch of other boats on a course.