PDA

View Full Version : UL-1 Motor in Revolt

gfm1135
01-15-2013, 12:38 PM
Anyone try a UL-1 motor, 3656-2030kv in their Revolt?

stadiumyamaha
01-16-2013, 12:16 AM
I've got the ul1 motor in my revolt and it runs great. Haven't GPS'd it but it would easily run high forties with the right prop but I've heard guys say they are getting that with the stock motor. I haven't spent much time tuning on it being winter.

Fluid
01-16-2013, 06:53 AM
Guys in our club have GPS'd their stock Revolts at 45+ mph with an m445 and good packs. You'd probably want to drop down to an x442 to start with the UL-1 motor.

Darin Jordan
01-16-2013, 08:24 AM
The stock AQ1800 KV power is a STOUT motor... You can change RPMs in a couple of ways in a BL motor, dimensions being equal, and it appears that AQ did the drop to 1800KV in a manner that reduced the RPM, but increased the torque. You can put a TON of pop on that motor and it just goes.

Personally, I'd leave the 1800 in there and get the right prop. Brian Buass currently holds the NAMBA 2-Lap oval record with one, and it's essentially out of the box, tuned, and has a good prop on it... I think the record is right around 29.xx or 30.xx seconds... Boat was flying!

You could do the same, most likely, with a UL-1, but it would be harder on the electronics, and would not have the "headroom" on the setup that the 1800 setup would...

As usual, it comes down to correct tuning, good batteries, and above all, the right prop.

gfm1135
01-16-2013, 08:30 AM
Thanks Darin. Sometimes I get caught up in trying to change something that doesn't need changing. What prop would you suggest?

Darin Jordan
01-16-2013, 08:37 AM
Thanks Darin. Sometimes I get caught up in trying to change something that doesn't need changing. What prop would you suggest?

I'd take Jay's suggestion for a starting point... the M445. It depends on what you are trying to do with this. How long are you running? Back and forth drag runs or steady smooth oval runs?? Racing? Playing?? It all factors in... Frankly, a LOT can be done with the stock prop on that setup... It just depends on what your overall goal is, and whether or not you are cabable (of course you are) and WILLING to attempt your own prop "tweaking". If not, then the recommendation might be a little different.

gfm1135
01-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Running sport. Not any competitive, organized racing but fun racing with friends. Runs are long oval runs. Running 4s and all stock. I have seen some posts about the m545. I have one of them but would like your suggestions.

stadiumyamaha
01-16-2013, 12:02 PM
There's no doubt that I took the easy way out to gain more speed. If I hadn't had the ul1 motor in already I would have probably stuck with the stock motor.

bob_t
01-16-2013, 11:15 PM
Since this thread is about swapping out electronics, hope this isn't too far off topic, but ... I have an extra brand new 60A Pro Boat ESC (4018). Can I just swap out the AQ ESC for my PB ESC. Reason is that I like the programming features (and better LVC) of the PB ESC ... is it just "plug and play"? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question. Several folks have commented on the AQ ESC's draining the batteries to low if not careful. I'm planning on running an M445 on my new Revolt when the ice melts off the local pond.

Thanks,
Bob

chipgibbs
01-17-2013, 06:34 AM
I run an all stock Revolt except for prop & tuning. With an M545, I consistantly run 47 to 48 mph clocked on a voltron gps.
Sharpen everything that cuts the water, get the strut height right and put on a nice prop. If your not happy with it, get another
boat. Mine will easily flip itself end over with power.

CG3

TLeyde
05-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Since this thread is about swapping out electronics, hope this isn't too far off topic, but ... I have an extra brand new 60A Pro Boat ESC (4018). Can I just swap out the AQ ESC for my PB ESC. Reason is that I like the programming features (and better LVC) of the PB ESC ... is it just "plug and play"? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question. Several folks have commented on the AQ ESC's draining the batteries to low if not careful. I'm planning on running an M445 on my new Revolt when the ice melts off the local pond.

Thanks,
Bob

That should work fine Bob.

TL

TLeyde
05-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Darin, I have no doubt. You know your stuff. However I only have a UL-1 or a PB 1800kv motor to put in the Revolt. That being said. What motor would bevthe best pick. What prop would be a good one?

TL

bob_t
05-10-2013, 07:29 PM
That should work fine Bob.

TL

Thanks! I would assume both the PB and AQ motor have/need the same timing, so that shouldn't be an issue, right? Hard to find those specs anywhere.

Thanks,
Bob

Mike Caruso
05-10-2013, 10:31 PM
1800 is set at 10 or 11.5 degree's I knew once but I have sleep since then.