PDA

View Full Version : That "Red forum"

ghostofpf1
06-16-2008, 06:06 PM
WTFM8....I've tried 3 times to register over there and have been banned w/o even getting my username accepted by the admins..
I guess they have a closed forum now ??

Thanks for letting me vent
Ghost

Xzessperated
06-16-2008, 09:31 PM
WTFM8....I've tried 3 times to register over there and have been banned w/o even getting my username accepted by the admins..
I guess they have a closed forum now ??

Thanks for letting me vent
Ghost

Maybe they know you. :roflol: I hope you have a sense of humor.

Now to be serious.... Did you use a hotmail address? I had the same thing happen
until I used a yahoo email address.

ghostofpf1
06-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Maybe they know you. :roflol: I hope you have a sense of humor.

Now to be serious.... Did you use a hotmail address? I had the same thing happen
until I used a yahoo email address.

Dunno...I was accused of threatening a high government official once :spy: but I thought those records were sealed :tape:
:laugh:

Used my regular sbcglobal email address and even used the same username I've used on rcg for some time and here for the short time I've been registered.
Danged uppity red forum snobs..who needs them anyways :bounce:

Ghost

Xzessperated
06-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Dunno...I was accused of threatening a high government official once :spy: but I thought those records were sealed :tape:
:laugh:

Used my regular sbcglobal email address and even used the same username I've used on rcg for some time and here for the short time I've been registered.
Danged uppity red forum snobs..who needs them anyways :bounce:

Ghost

I can remember feeling the same way once. I never knew about OSE then so life was pretty boring being The Lonely Boater
That would be a good name for a movie....
The Lonely Boater starring andym

Can you message one of the moderators and tell them the problem. Unless you once run over one of Eddie's boats you will be ok. :laugh:

andym
06-17-2008, 12:24 AM
Paddy I think it should co star Lara Bingle as my love interest and Daz as Quazimodo my faithful side kick. Paddy you could play the evil enviromentalist. Sounds great to me. Oh and I think Dolly the sheep could be my comited boat retriever, once the honey moon is over of coarse. What do you think, will the Australian film board finance us?

Xzessperated
06-17-2008, 12:54 AM
Paddy I think it should co star Lara Bingle as my love interest and Daz as Quazimodo my faithful side kick. Paddy you could play the evil enviromentalist. Sounds great to me. Oh and I think Dolly the sheep could be my comited boat retriever, once the honey moon is over of coarse. What do you think, will the Australian film board finance us?

Mate they financed movies much worse than this one. Dolly the boat retriever sounds great. You would have to win her in a card game from Douggie so the movie made sense. Well most Australian film board movies do not have to make sense do they?
I see it now...
andym's Wild Thing goes bottom up in the middle of the lake. andym can not swim so he goes to the Boaters Hotel and plays cards with Douggie. andym wins Dolly in the card game. He passes the lake on his way home and Dolly can see he is looking at his Wild Thing still in the middle and she can see his tears. She swims and gets the boat and they all live happily ever after. We need a bit of violence, a love scene, a car chase and an unexpected twist at the end. Maybe that is where Mel could enter. I know.... Crocodile Mel saves Dolly at the lake from the sheep eating crocodile.

Enviromentalist Andy? You should see the size of my chainsaw.

:focus: Now this poor guy will never get on the Red One. :roflol: :sorry: Ghost

Paddy

andym
06-17-2008, 01:21 AM
I know , I trade Lara the super model for Dolly ( good trade hey) Daz my trusty quazimoto nearly drowns retrieving the Wild thing and Dolly saves him! They fall in love and try to ellope. The evil enviromentalist kills them both and is hunted Rambo style by the enraged Douggie.... its just getting better.

Xzessperated
06-17-2008, 01:36 AM
I know , I trade Lara the super model for Dolly ( good trade hey) Daz my trusty quazimoto nearly drowns retrieving the Wild thing and Dolly saves him! They fall in love and try to ellope. The evil enviromentalist kills them both and is hunted Rambo style by the enraged Douggie.... its just getting better.

Oh wonderful Andy. The movie world needs us. I think we could do some great model boat espionage movies.

The Dolly Identity
The Dolly Supremacy
The Dolly Ultimatum

Dolly could show a bit of leg to get all of Ub Hauled's boat secrets.

andym
06-17-2008, 01:49 AM
Howe about Dolly does Douggie, a modern take on an American classic.

Xzessperated
06-17-2008, 02:04 AM
OMG. :roflol: That would be :flammes-09:
Just when I was getting used to the idea of being stabbed with a Bagpipe you come up with this. And you said I had a twisted sense of Tasmania.

Chop
06-17-2008, 11:56 AM
OMG

Stop it, STOP IT!!!
:bounce:
I’m supposed to be working and the people on the other side of the cubicle are wondering why I’m laughing so much.
:rofl:
You Aussies are killin me!

ghostofpf1
06-17-2008, 12:55 PM
LOl...... So apparently my cry for help has broken an unwritten rule (mentioning that other forum perhaps??) and I am being chastised for it by suffering aussie wit.....oh the horrors......:bounce:

Since I am banned I can't appeal to an admin or even view the forums since every page now comes up as "page not found" or "insufficient viewing priviledges"

like I said..who needs the stuffy bassturds anyway you folks seem to at least have a good sense of humor if nothing else.:tongue_smilie:

thanks
Ghost

Xzessperated
06-17-2008, 02:50 PM
you folks seem to at least have a good sense of humor if nothing else.:tongue_smilie:

thanks
Ghost

Oh we do have other things. I have money and good looks and andym has smelly feet and seven fingers on one hand.

Chop laughter wont kill you but that guy with the Bagpipe will kill me if he catches me. Have you ever thought about how many ways someone could kill you with a Bagpipe? You could be stabbed, strangled, forced to drink poison from one or worse still, forced to listen to one.

ghostofpf1
06-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Oh we do have other things. I have money and good looks and andym has smelly feet and seven fingers on one hand.

Chop laughter wont kill you but that guy with the Bagpipe will kill me if he catches me. Have you ever thought about how many ways someone could kill you with a Bagpipe? You could be stabbed, strangled, forced to drink poison from one or worse still, forced to listen to one.

I fly slope gliders and used to associate with a guy who was known as "Bagpipe Bob" who would occasionally "treat" us to a round of bagpipe "music" whether we wanted it or not.:cursing: He seemed quite proficient at bag handling :wink: and the last I saw of him he was loading up the motorhome and family to follow the Scottish Games around the country.
I imagine bagpipe music is an aquired taste somewhat like good single malt scotch...only the scotch won't give you such a bad headache :smile:

Ghost

andym
06-17-2008, 06:20 PM
I was at work whilst all this was going on, the boss just thought I was in a great mood. Fool if he only new that I was organizing my rise to stardom!!! As for Dougie playing the bag pipes, well you have to be full of wind for that so I think he must be very good at it. Paddy I used to have 7 fingers on one hand but they transplanted one of them on a two headed Tasmanian. My smelly feet are actualy a feramone attractant for the wild woman we have out here!!!! Rip a shoe off and I am just swamped!! The great thing is it is also a tasmanian repelant. Ha
Now back to the thread, RRR is OK but we would probably been told off by now.

Xzessperated
06-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Now back to the thread, RRR is OK but we would probably been told off by now.

Well you should not put pictures of your naked girlfriend on there to show people the shape of Tasmania Andy. :roflol:
I see another place has stopped Raydee using his avatar. Ray is a good guy and I love his avatar.

Ghost, Andy and I are both pilots (glider for me and a bit of balsa with a motor for andym) so now you might understand our humour. Ya gotta (oh such bad English) have a sense of humor to crash all those planes we did when we were learning and still keep wanting to learn after the first three.
It sounds like you are trapped in the house of BLUE. This forum is growing very quickly and is a one stop shop. First you get the advice and then order the parts and before you can get to the front door the delivery guy is knocking with your parts. I am amazed at the speed of Stevens service.

Ya Gotta = You have to

Steven Vaccaro
06-18-2008, 02:15 PM
We all know there are two sides to every story, here is the other side.

This was emailed to Ghost and I by Ed Hanson, a mod a rrr.

"Yo Ghost, nice post over on OSE, did you ever think to actually fill out your profile? I have attached your last one below,

S and B hardly constitutes info. these are required fields, we have a huge problem with spam bots, trolls, email miners etc. I clear all new users and so far no info was ever posted. I would have posted this over on OSE but for some reason my password doesn't work? I will ask steve to post my reply, but before you go calling us snobs etc get your facts straight. and present the correct facts you neglected to say that you didn't fill out the profile, I believe Steve requires the same?
anyhow I unbanned your membership, as a matter of fact I will delete it so you can resign up, please sign up properly and give the proper info ( we don't need everything a first and last name and location will do) and voila your in. We are far from snobs bud."

All the mods at our forum and rrr work for free. If we see profiles like this, it looks like a fake user. So the quickest thing to do is delete or reject the reg. The mods just dont have the time to check every reg for accuracy.

Steven OSE

Eddie Hansen
06-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Steve Thank you for posting that, an Introduction,
My Name is Eddie Hansen my user name over on the "Red Forum" is eddieh

anybody having problems registering can conact me either by PM or email Here or send to my home
ejhansen@comcast.net

to add to what steve said, these forums are provided free of charge, and we are all interested in finding out all the cool stuff that is happening, etc. it isn't "us" or "them" , "blue" or "red" etc it is "WE". We are all far from Snobs, but in the internet age there are many many evil things that happen behind the scenes that as steve said it is hard to keep up, neither board uses nor sells any info, and as you can see we do the utmost to see that everyone else is protected, what if you guys bought something from ghost? god forbid the deal went sour and now your looking for him? where would ya start?

anyway fellas, I know it is a bad way to start on the forum, I read here often, post little , but I am always willing to help.

rock on bruthas...:rockon2:

Flying Scotsman
06-18-2008, 02:54 PM
Howe about Dolly does Douggie, a modern take on an American classic.

The problem with that film is that Mel (the American/Australian) would like the starring role as the rabbi with a small drinking problem but trying to save all sheep from the Scots. Meanwhile, Dolly has a problem with being fitted for her wellies and gloves. Douggie remains stoic throughout and is enjoying the life of Riley with all the Hollywood wankers.

Douggie

Dr. Jet
06-18-2008, 02:55 PM
We are all far from Snobs.......

:welcome:

You are right Eddie, we are ALL far from snobs, but you and I both know there are SOME snobs out there, or at least those that appear to be snobs.

I've voiced my opinion on the matter of snobs in the past and now do the following: Steer clear and :zip-up:

Xzessperated
06-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Good news Ghost..... you are in.
Now the bad news...... andym and I are on the Red one also. There is no escaping our Aussie humor.
Go have fun.

Now where was I? Oh the movie starring andym and his .........

Eddie Hansen
06-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Doc if you said Slobs, I would have no defense and have to own up... fits me to a tee... LOL...

and yes there are a few of the others, but I don't think they should be moderating... but MODS have good and bad days too, thanks for the welcome bud..:rockon2:

Eddie Hansen
06-18-2008, 03:03 PM
he fills out just a little info, just like here... or unless he sends me some VB's as a bribe LOL...

thanks for the welcome gents.

Dr. Jet
06-18-2008, 03:05 PM
The offending snobs are not moderating anything at either site, and the names will remain unmentioned to protect the guilty. :spy:

Now, if we are talking SLOBS, then that is entirely a different story....... :banana:

Flying Scotsman
06-18-2008, 03:10 PM
Whoa guys. I respect you both...take a breather and let us discuss more serious matters such as DOLLY.

Douggie

Dr. Jet
06-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Douggie,

That was a friendly post, :banana: Not meant to be hostile at all. :cursing: We are proud to be SLOBS :tiphat:

Now, regarding Dolly, why do we want Mel? Couldn't we just have Angelina? Who cares where she comes from, she looks good in spandex.

Eddie Hansen
06-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Douggie, forget dollie, you know how frat um er "girls" are ( wasn't she a member of lamba lamba pi or was it chop?) you know she'll just end up pulling the wool over your eyes then where will your head be LOL...:bounce:

bring the velcro mittens...

Xzessperated
06-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Whoa guys. I respect you both...take a breather and let us discuss more serious matters such as DOLLY.

Douggie

:eek: Quick Andy HELP, HELP it's Douggie and he is about to insert his Bagpipe in my....
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ouch that hurt.

Flying Scotsman
06-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Thanks guys, both forums are fun and informative.

Douggie

Flying Scotsman
06-18-2008, 03:31 PM
PS Please in the future vet all applications from the continent of sand, wind, drought and people who wished they were Kiwi's as their tone and disrepect for all normal human beings is horendous.

Dolly

ghostofpf1
06-18-2008, 03:33 PM
Thanks Eddie for your thoughtful email......IMHO a simple dispatch describing the problem would have been better than banishment for no apparent good reason:confused1:

Honestly...all my comments here to this point were tongue in cheek...some people take things too seriously.It was and never has been about "Us vs Them" as I don't know between the two to be honest.
The reason I chose to just use my initials was twofold
1) whodathunk it was a big deal :confused1:
2) I didn't want to share my full name and location to protect my privacy.
Believe it or not there are sites that would give that up for cash and I'd be the one stuck with countless personalized "enlarge your member" spam emails.I'm large enough thank you and an extra 3" would just get tripped on :thumbsdown: \
As far as using my info to "track me down" if a deal went bad ....nice assuming I'm a crook before you ever get to know me. I thought I was cynical .....:glare:

I posted here because once my IP was banned I could not get into contact with their admins any other way and I suspected someone would let them know what was up.After Eddies email and posting here on using my personal info at their discretion (quote: what if you guys bought something from ghost? god forbid the deal went sour and now your looking for him? where would ya start?////) I figure it's best not to enter that arena anyway except to surf the threads .I have a vendor rating on rcg and ebay and if I ever decided to sell anything here I'd be glad to PM them my ebay username and my rcg name is the same as on here.
This should just about be wrapped up so....
Don't panic and
thanks for all the fish :smile:

Ghost

Flying Scotsman
06-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Thanks Eddie for your thoughtful email......IMHO a simple dispatch describing the problem would have been better than banishment for no apparent good reason:confused1:

Honestly...all my comments here to this point were tongue in cheek...some people take things too seriously.It was and never has been about "Us vs Them" as I don't know between the two to be honest.
The reason I chose to just use my initials was twofold
1) whodathunk it was a big deal :confused1:
2) I didn't want to share my full name and location to protect my privacy.
Believe it or not there are sites that would give that up for cash and I'd be the one stuck with countless personalized "enlarge your member" spam emails.I'm large enough thank you and an extra 3" would just get tripped on :thumbsdown: \
As far as using my info to "track me down" if a deal went bad ....nice assuming I'm a crook before you ever get to know me. I thought I was cynical .....:glare:

I posted here because once my IP was banned I could not get into contact with their admins any other way and I suspected someone would let them know what was up.After Eddies email and posting here on using my personal info at their discretion (quote: what if you guys bought something from ghost? god forbid the deal went sour and now your looking for him? where would ya start?////) I figure it's best not to enter that arena anyway except to surf the threads .I have a vendor rating on rcg and ebay and if I ever decided to sell anything here I'd be glad to PM them my ebay username and my rcg name is the same as on here.
This should just about be wrapped up so....
Don't panic and
thanks for all the fish :smile:

Ghost

Actually Ghost, you must abide by the rules. If you do not, any forum has the right to exclude you.

Douggie

ghostofpf1
06-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Actually Ghost, you must abide by the rules. If you do not, any forum has the right to exclude you.

Douggie

And I will if at all possible ...Steven has just sent me an email asking that I edit my profile so I'll check it out to see what was missed.
I suppose this would all have been avoided if there was a note somewhere that says "full legal name required " ....what next ...my SS # and copy of my birth certificate ??? :confused2:

Like I said...I believe I'll pass on registering RRR forums for the time being since my experience is already tainted somewhat:sorry: .....that and I can only take so much aussie humor :bounce:

Ghost

Xzessperated
06-18-2008, 04:18 PM
I can only take so much aussie humor :bounce:

Ghost
Ghost there will be no more Aussie humor. From now on I am just going to be reading and using PM's. Do not get me wrong, it is not what you said. I know you said that tongue in cheek.
Enjoy your boating man and nice meeting you.

Steven Vaccaro
06-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Really its simple.

When someone asks me my name, I know what they mean. They dont mean initials or they would have asked for my initials.

Its all a matter of keeping the junk off the forum. If you can't understand that, I'm sorry. Time to move on from this subject. Its not helping any longer.

Chop
06-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Eddie (:welcome:) , Steven thanks for pointing that out. I for one (and probably speak for many) appreciate all the help that these “free” forums have given me. All of the moderators on OSE & RRR (SJFE et. al.) deserve a big thank you as well.

I would not have gotten into this sport if it had not been for these forums. After perusing them for several months I finally signed up and eventually bought my first boat from a member (and that started a landslide of purchases by me!!!). I know that the forums are free, but that hasn’t stopped me from spending money!

Again, Thanks.:beerchug:

To the rest of you Aussie guy's - Thanks for the laugh. I think I wet myself.:blush:

andym
06-19-2008, 05:56 AM
Sorry Paddy, I was to late to save you from the dreaded bagpipe. I just hope he used the small one!!!! Just for the record I like both the OSE and RRR forums. Yes there are people who thought my map of Tassie was rude, but realy thats their total lack of a sense of humor nothing else. Of coarse being a internet forum most people do not know each other and things may seem what they are not, you know smoke and mirrors and all that crap. It does not take long to work out who are the honest, hardworking folk enjoying a great hobbie.. and well the others. All should be treated fairly. Now as for the Australian sense of humour, it is one of the most forthright and twisted there is along with the Canadian's Hey Douggie? Anyone that takes a fence at this should put it back straight away. For the record Mel Bloody Gibson is a yank because we do NOT want him, end of story