PDA

View Full Version : Twisted Liquid Racing???

Apples1
06-15-2008, 10:04 PM
I know nothing about this, but i heard a few people talking about their TLR parts,i found this in my travels

http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/showthread.php?t=249121

Good luck guys

:sorry:

z400
06-15-2008, 10:27 PM
Yeah there was a thread on here regarding them awhile back.

Well i think this is where i saw the thread at.
I wanted to pick up one of those Dynamite .32's from them
for my SW36 so many times, always held my self back.
Thank goodness i did!

spfrbox
06-17-2008, 01:20 AM
They ripped me off just a month and a half ago. Had to keep calling them everyday and emailing them as well. The owner got on the phone and started to yell like a fool, i told him that i was driving up there to get my money and props back. I was only going to be 10 miles from him and my friend knew where he was, i got refund and then a week and half later i got my props back. I hope he goes to jail for making death threats at a cust named jason. This is what is going to happen to his company :flashfire: :flashfire: :flashfire: :flashfire: TLR BAD CUST SERVICE AND RIP OFF ARTIST. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE OF TLR

fastbaltek
06-17-2008, 02:02 AM
Justice!

z400
06-17-2008, 02:03 AM
this really should be moved to the Main Forum

spfrbox
06-17-2008, 10:34 AM
:iagree: How do you do that?:spy:

RCprince
06-17-2008, 10:47 AM
We've been down this road with TLR...let the horse die in it's grave...

hex-dj
06-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Hi everyone!... I ve just instaled,sharpened and mod the TLR system for my BJ 26 EP ,which arrived today after a darn month waiting. They sent it with the wrong address ,but its here anyway. The packaging was nice, except I think the flex cable was put into salt water or something ,because I had to remove some rust from the tips... I am happy with TLR though! By the way its Twisted-Networks and not TLR anymore.

Jeff Wohlt
06-22-2008, 10:08 AM
I am considering making a hardware package for these. Can anyone give me the specs to the strut bracket in the hull? To the center of each hole from width and height? eith in " or mm is fine.

I plan to make a strong, light system with a centered rudder and all should match right up with factory holes and steering linkage. Hoping to keep it very affordable.

It would include strut and bracket and rudder with water pick up and new flex shaft for 3/16" props.

Ub Hauled
06-23-2008, 01:22 AM
Good idea Jeff, please do so,
I think the BJ26 needs decent drive system...

Bill-SOCAL
06-23-2008, 12:19 PM
Just FYI, there is a long thread on International Waters about TLR

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=27252&hl=

Seems the company and its owner are not held in the highest esteem by many long time boaters.

hex-dj
06-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Hello,just to ask. Does anyone here know if TLRs system comes with a bushing or bearing??? Mine didnt have any and the strut got so hot when testing it that the soldering between the cable and shaft let go and I cant run my boat (BJ 26 ) anymore,though I ve already ordered something from OSE to fix it. That is the hug-e
.150/ 3/16 assambled cable and two different struts ,which are the Octura aluminum strut and the Speedmaster 21 strut which should both fit perfectly with the TLR Skater II and they both come with bushing/bearing included ,unlike the TLR strut which I noticed late that it was empty and had no bearing nor bushing in it. Anyone please tell me about this issue with the TLR system. Has anyone had the same experience of melting the soldering between the cable and the shaft in the TLR Skater II system. The TLR system is not so good after all.

birdy233
06-29-2008, 06:55 PM
Hello,just to ask. Does anyone here know if TLRs system comes with a bushing or bearing??? Mine didnt have any and the strut got so hot when testing it that the soldering between the cable and shaft let go and I cant run my boat (BJ 26 ) anymore,though I ve already ordered something from OSE to fix it. That is the hug-e
.150/ 3/16 assambled cable and two different struts ,which are the Octura aluminum strut and the Speedmaster 21 strut which should both fit perfectly with the TLR Skater II and they both come with bushing/bearing included ,unlike the TLR strut which I noticed late that it was empty and had no bearing nor bushing in it. Anyone please tell me about this issue with the TLR system. Has anyone had the same experience of melting the soldering between the cable and the shaft in the TLR Skater II system. The TLR system is not so good after all.

It doesn't come with any bearing or bushing, you just have to lube the cable, I've ran mine without a problem. How did it get hot "testing"?? Were you running it wide open, out of the water? Must have been a long time "testing" to get it hot enough to melt. Test it in the water and you won't have any issues, and stop testing out of the water, that just plain stupid. :confused2:

hex-dj
06-29-2008, 06:58 PM
The testings were done in open water birdy 233.I think the problem might have been the sharpened unbalanced propeller.Im saying the shaft was the only part turning inside their Hydro strut,not the cable.

crazzy maxx
06-29-2008, 11:56 PM
ive been waiting over 5 months for a prop
still no luck!!!!

chirotray
06-30-2008, 12:14 AM
Learn to love marine grease. Make it your friend.

hex-dj
06-30-2008, 07:36 AM
Learn to love marine grease. Make it your friend.
Chiro... It was also lubed completely. Even underwater I could here like something was getting cooked. I thought it was the boat inside ,then I figured out that it was between the strut and the shaft... bubbles were coming from under water ,imagine how hot that was. I am thinking the problem could ve been an unbalanced prop or the vibration affected the strut a lot. Maybe both combined together. Thanks for the reply.

po-boyz
07-03-2008, 03:07 AM
i got one. It was delivered in 2 weeks. I did have to call...Joe talk alot....I guess the fella that is TWISTED. He did send it. I am new to NEW Brushless RC....but old to fast electrics..
I am disappointed with the fit and finish of the strut. The strut runs the cable without bearings or bushings. I was told By "Joe talk alot" that there will be an upgrade to the package that was suppose to be sent 3 months ago..come to think about it.

Well when the shaft breaks or starts making too much vibes because of the sloppy fit...then I guess I will need a better one.

So whats the best leg? Show me with a picture/link where to buy!
Many thnks.

spfrbox
07-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Look at aeromaraines setup, It is nice just ordered one yesterday. I can not wait until i get this piece of crap off my boat from TLR. :flashfire:

Wakesurfer
07-03-2008, 03:48 PM
I haven't had any heat issues with the Skater II on my BJ. I do grease the cable after every run, and the shaft where it goes through the strut. The bore in the strut is starting to wear a bit though. I'd be interested in trying the new improved TLR strut but I'm not holding my breath.

thrashmetal
08-26-2008, 06:06 PM
hey guys ,

im new to this site and my boat is a blackjack 26 brushless . i saw the website for twisted liquid racing back in june and i was looking to upgrade to an octura prop.

they had octura props with what they called a speed bead coating on them. they were balanced and ready to bolt on. they recommended the ovtura y 535 speed bead prop. i paid them through paypal and anxiously waited for it to arrive.

im in toronto,canada so i figured it would take a little while longer to be mailed to me. well its now almost the end of august and i still havent received my prop from them.

i have sent too many emails to count to their "online customer service reps" and ive also phoned their customer order number ( the toll free number doesnt work in canada)

after sending another email to them saying that i wanted a refund they sent me a reply saying my order was being shipped out within 48 hours. that was over a week ago and i still have no prop.

im kind of at a loss what action i should take to get my money back or get my prop.

any suggestions?

thanks for reading my long winded post guys.

Mich. Maniac
08-26-2008, 06:38 PM
sorry to hear your loss and frustration. They are a reputable company. Unfortunately a bad one... reputation that is. It sounds like they do end up filling orders it just sounds like they do it when they are ready and not when they recieve the orders. Best advise I have heard when dealing with them is to NOT deal with them anylonger. They have some sharp looking stuff but whats the point if you never get to see it in person and when you do it has lost its "shine" sort a speak.

egneg
08-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Sorry to hear that you are another victim - so to speak. The speed bead prop they offer is very mis-leading. It is nothing more than a so called "balanced" prop that is shot blasted and hides many imperfections. If you want I can provide a prop- just send me a pm and I will provide a quote that includes priority shipping.

thrashmetal
08-28-2008, 10:51 AM
well guys after waiting 6 weeks i finally decided to file a dispute with paypal regarding my dealings with twisted liquid racing.

before i did this i phoned their customer service number yet again and of course it went to their answering machine like it always does.lol.

i emailed them as well asking them to update me about my order , if it had been shipped and i got no response back.

i must say im disgusted with twisted liquid racing. they are total junk . they need to take some lessons in customer service from a main hobbies and offshore electrics. these are top notch operations who keep you up to date and informed of your order status.

i would advise anyone who is thinking of ordering any products from twisted liquid racing to think twice because they suck to put it mildly.

thanks to everyone who responded to my post.

domwilson
08-28-2008, 04:49 PM
OSE is the way to go! I've ordered stuff from here just to see how fast their shipping was! J/K:rockon2: Steve is very very good about shipping and answering questions. He posts to this board often and understands the frustrations that sometimes go with this hobby/sport. Sorry about your dealing with TL. Steve is their very opposite.

thrashmetal
08-28-2008, 06:57 PM
i have to say thank you to egneg for offerring to send me a prop for my blackjack brushless. i cant wait to put it on my boat and try it out.

although im new to this site im very impressed with how other members go out of their way to help out us new guys.

thanks again chuck.