PDA

View Full Version : Dumas Pt 109 33 tronics & hardware upgrade help please

buzzbait00
01-02-2013, 12:05 PM
A good buddy of mine has spent a LOT of time building this PT and she looks awesome.He has asked me to do the electronics and hardware.I've looked at the stuff provided and recommended and I think (with some help) I can do a lot better.I'm not looking for crazy fast but don't want it to be boring. Good,cool run times and still handles well.
Here's what I'm thinking so far.
Single screw on 4s water cooled
8XL Nemesis- Where can I find Nemesis these days?Equivalent ? KV ?
120 Seaking
I wand to beef up to like a 3/16 flex cable and tube but I don't know what to do about the strut.
Prop?

THANKS

Eyekandyboats
01-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Hello,
r being a PT boat, speed is not what this model is all about, a proper speed for this hull would be any where from 12-25 mph.
nemesis brand BL motors are not around any more, they are basically replaced by almost every brushless motor manufacturer.
you can still get the motors that are the same as nemesis, called leopard, or fieago motors I believe.
A Nemesis XL is a 36 MM can and 68 MM long
8XL motor is WAY to fast for that hull on 4S, if you are running 4S I would suggest around 1000KV for that boat due to the nature of the hull and the speed at which you want to move it.

As for the strut, the under hull strut is what you want, you may just want to buy a transom strut assemble and then cut a slot into the hull and epoxy the strut underneath.
many 1/8th scale rc hydro planes do this because the boat has to be "to scale"

buzzbait00
01-03-2013, 01:14 AM
ok what about this motor in 1400kv on 3s with a seaking 90a esc? http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=leo-3674&cat=148

buzzbait00
01-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Would this boat be manageable with 16800rpm?
I don't understand why theres not more info on the net about upgrading the electronics/hardware on these scale boats.I've seen videos of the PT 33 with the recommended equipment and I think they are underpowered and the hardware looks weak.