PDA

View Full Version : No new threads?

kevinpratt823
12-31-2012, 03:54 PM
What is the deal with the tips forum, and the whole "please do not post new threads here"? I have a few little tips and ideas I want to share, so where can I do it?
I suppose just put it in the Q&A forum?

Heaving Earth
12-31-2012, 05:34 PM
Wait, the mods are asking people to stop posting? What's going on?

kevinpratt823
12-31-2012, 06:39 PM
Wait, the mods are asking people to stop posting? What's going on?
No, sorry for the confusion, I am referring to the section of the forum.
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/forumdisplay.php?17-If-you-have-a-tips-or-tricks-for-building-a-Fast-Electric-Boat-post-it-here!!!

Heaving Earth
12-31-2012, 07:03 PM
Oh yeah I was confused

Doby
12-31-2012, 11:20 PM
Read the fine print.

"If you have a suggestion for a helpful topic from another section of the forum that you would like posted here for future reference, please pm a moderator."

Heaving Earth
01-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Police state

NativePaul
01-01-2013, 11:28 AM
So you now post tips to the Q&A section as an A to an un-asked Q, then PM a moderator asking them to move it to the relevant tips section?

That makes perfect sense to me.

Doug Smock
01-01-2013, 12:04 PM
I imagine that policy is to keep that area clean fellas.:wink:
You see that way it doesn't turn into another "Items For Sale" forum that we have to monitor constantly to keep out (delete) the unnecessary posts and chit chat. :olleyes:

Happy New Year!

domwilson
01-01-2013, 01:06 PM
I imagine that policy is to keep that area clean fellas.:wink:
You see that way it doesn't turn into another "Items For Sale" forum that we have to monitor constantly to keep out (delete) the unnecessary posts and chit chat. :olleyes:

Happy New Year!

Agreed. In addition, posts can and often do go "off topic" thus making it difficult to get real information from the thread.

kevinpratt823
01-01-2013, 09:50 PM
To be honest, when I asked he question originally, I did not catch the fine print(about contacting a mod) until I went to post the link to the section. Nonetheless, wouldn't it be just as effective to open the forum, and just sticky the more relevant and informative threads at the top, perhaps by request only? Though I certainly do understand it creates more work for mods, it just seems as though the section is kind of a waste, considering several of the topics don't even have any threads in them.