PDA

View Full Version : Kintec racing

dougstar
12-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Hi everyone. I would like to no if anyone has had trouble with kintec racing I placed a med to large order and paid for postage to Australia and I have not had any communication for them the only form of email I got back was from PayPal saying the money has gone to there account. I have sent many email to both there email accounts I get nothing back so I would like to no if anyone has hadvthevsame problem.

Thanks

kevinpratt823
12-28-2012, 02:59 PM
I have had good luck with them thus far. There's a whole thread on them here
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?34715-Kintec-Racing

Cooper
12-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Jan is a very good. He doesn't Emil much, if one of your items is not in stock he may hold the order. But he will only hld the order if said item will be n stock within a couple days. If not he will ship order and send said item at a later date when back in stock. I've never had any problems with him/kintec and always have got my orders in 1-2 days! ( but I could just drive to him :) ). I wouldn't worry, might have alot going on right now over holidays too. Happy holidays and no worries

egneg
12-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Yes sometimes it takes a bit for Jan to get back via email but he does. I had received the wrong item and sent an email, it took some time but I got a reply telling me the right item was on the way and to keep the other as well.

dougstar
12-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Thanks guys for the reply I will just hang off and wait a few more weeks :)

tlandauer
12-28-2012, 04:01 PM
I have had excellent service from Jan, he used to reply e-mail, but I think now that his business has grown---great for all of us, his busy schedule prevents him to e-mail back. He is fair, because from all the posts that I have have read, he treats everyone the same, no special favors. ( no e-mails). If I have special needs, I e-mail him and he reads that and provides whatever I ask of him.

patte6596@rogers.com
12-28-2012, 05:38 PM
Jan is a great guy. He will go out of his way to help you with any problem. I have bought a lot of parts from Kintec Racing. If you have any problems, you can always phone him, number 717-266-5373. No problem.

patte6596@rogers.com
12-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Yes I live in Canada. It takes a while if you don't live in the U.S., shipping and handling, and of course customs.

dougstar
12-28-2012, 09:11 PM
Yeah shipping prob will take a few weeks I just would of liked an email just to let me know what's going on.

Cooper
12-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Selling boat stuf isn't his main job, you'll be lucky to get email. Not saying anything bad quite the opposite, his service is top notch, he usually ships things out quick. Personally I don't know how he does it, he sells alot of stuff and it must take alot of effort and time. Hats off to ya jan if you read this. And sorry I didn't get down there this summer. I don't know about international shipments but I don't think you have anything to worry about, all good!

dougstar
12-28-2012, 09:24 PM
Sweet thanks mate :)

kenrid
12-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Now I live in Perth Western Australia, (one of the most isolated Cities in the world! [but with good air, road and rail links]) and I have a Pursuit RTR mailed from Kintec and it goes like a rocket and is stable on turns etc. Well done Kintec! As a FE enthusiast in OZ you need to be patient.

dougstar
12-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Hi kenrid did you get any tracking Id or any kind of email from kintec racing and also how long did it take to get there

patte6596@rogers.com
12-30-2012, 09:50 PM
Glad to hear you are happy with your Pursuit RTR, and with Kintec Racing. As I have said before, somethings are worth waiting for. You seem to have an advantage on me, your weather conditions are better. Right now we have snow, and ice. Enjoy.

kenrid
12-30-2012, 11:19 PM
From memory I did have a tracking #, and I paid extra for insurance. $AUD70.00 all up for the Pursuit. Took about 12 working days but obviously will take longer this time of year due to airport closures in the USA and extra parcels in the system. Outside temp in Perth today is around 43C on my car gauge - too hot for boating!

MAMBA2200
01-02-2013, 01:19 PM
he is by far the fastest shipper for me on boat parts always have them within 3 days

TristanJones
01-02-2013, 04:10 PM
I recently placed an order with them/him (also in Australia), really pleased with the service, he added an item to the order for me then shipped it and billed me through paypal. responded to the email in no time at all cant be happier. If you want an invoice look in your paypal account mate, I did not receive any tracking info either however.
No hidden charges with postage either.................
Kintec 10/10!!

kevinpratt823
01-07-2013, 07:35 PM
Jan is a great guy. He will go out of his way to help you with any problem. I have bought a lot of parts from Kintec Racing. If you have any problems, you can always phone him, number 717-266-5373. No problem.
I just got an order today, 2 items were wrong. I tried this number but it's been busy all day...........

patte6596@rogers.com
01-07-2013, 08:16 PM
This is very unusual. Jan is a very busy guy. If you can't get him on the phone, send him an email. He will fix the problem.

egneg
01-08-2013, 08:55 AM
See post # 4. This happened to me and Jan was more than helpful about correcting this.

kevinpratt823
01-08-2013, 02:20 PM
This is very unusual. Jan is a very busy guy. If you can't get him on the phone, send him an email. He will fix the problem.
I had already sent an email as well. I have no doubt he will correct it, he's done good by me for several orders thus far. I was just contributing to the thread, and letting people know that the phone number didn't work for me.

MAMBA2200
01-11-2013, 12:54 PM
thing i hate is ordering something that is in stock and then getting the order and seeing a big red B>O:cursing: beside your parts that the site says is in stock o well he always gets it to me quickly but its always the parts that will totally stop the build lol i hope they come quick this time :Praying:

IRON-PAWW
01-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Yep. Jan is a good operator. Like the guys say, you need need to appreciate that he is a busy man. Any issues and I always get an email, with options about what I can do.

Packages from him will take around 2 weeks to get to Australia. A shade under if all the connections work out for you.

A quick email asking for a tracking number and he'll usually flick it to you in a return email.

Anyone in a busy situation knows, keep your emails brief *polite* and to the point. Emails like that will get you a *lot* further.

I had one package from him that was held up by Aus customs. But they were LiPo's that I'm pretty sure he no longer sends internationally for that reason. Came with customs tape all over the package......

Several orders from him now, and I also live in Perth where Ken does! Kintec gear has to come a *long* way to get here and you gotta respect that. Can't fault the man.

Wasn't so long ago that absolutely *nobody* would ship to Australia from the US. Thank God that has changed!

Thanks Jan if you read this. Your work is legendary.

patte6596@rogers.com
01-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Glad to read your e mail. Customs will make your delivery wait up to 2 weeks, and I live across the border.

BILL OXIDEAN
01-16-2013, 07:31 AM
Kinetic is actually one of the only boat dealers who are on the up and up. Steve Vaccaro I'd have to say is the best boat dealer in the country. But yes Kintec is very reliable.

Savage Skidoo
01-19-2013, 12:07 PM
I have too say thanks for the speedy delivery from Kinetic , its was a BIG order for 2 boats .

tlandauer
01-19-2013, 03:49 PM
WOW, I ordered an item less than an hour ago, (Out of Stock here @ OSE), just got notification that Kintec has shipped out already!!
Thanks Jan and to Steven especially for the generous Forum policy for allowing members to post feed back on another merchant!

Heaving Earth
01-19-2013, 06:19 PM
Kintec does ship on Saturdays.

trimarc geico
04-03-2013, 10:33 AM
awesome track kevin pratt cant wait to duplicate it at my house. kintec doesnt know there ass from there elbow unless theres a book in front of them. they say cg doesnt matter other than how it sits on a shelf. no wonder the zonda from them blows over on 5s. they have the batts mounted in the rear most parts of the boat. idiots. its a f!@#$%g 41 inch cat. i revamped all the crap they did when i got it. now it does damm near 70mph smooth as glass with the front 40% of the hull completely out of the water. they said i erased 8 months of r and d. what a couple of liars jan and kent r. the boat is made completely by tfl hobbies. kintec just slaps there junk in it. who puts a traxxas servo in a high end boat like that. it lasted 3 charges. they f!@#$d up the y harness and burnt out channel 2 in receiver because they thought they could make a better y harness than proboat or hobbico. they shrunk wrapped the black and red together and tried saying i did something to it. yeah i did i made the whole boat properly set up with quality components like a hitec 645mg servo for example and a much better quality futaba radio not a 25 dollar flysky. u get a great hull with crap in it set up completely wrong. lets mount the seakings right on the cg so now u cant use the batts to adjust the ride at all.morons. but they had 8 months of r and d in it. hahahahahahahaha more like 8 mins of scratchin their heads. sorry thats my experience with jan and kent and this was a month ago. they didnt want to hear how the boat should have been set up. they r perfect!!!!! lol not

BILL OXIDEAN
04-03-2013, 10:43 AM
awesome track. kintec doesnt know there ass from there elbow unless theres a book in front of them

Now, Now, Now, let's not bash ANYONE like that on these here boards.
Kintec Definitely dosen't desserve that sort of press.
They are a valuable contribution to the boating community, and I as a pro-level driver can vouch for them having come through for me solid.

jeffrey1
04-03-2013, 10:48 AM
thats strange, i live in u.s, georgia and have had great service. 2 day delivery.

Rocstar
04-03-2013, 10:49 AM
awesome track. kintec doesnt know there ass from there elbow unless theres a book in front of them
Really? That's going to be your first post?
I've never had an issue with Kintec!

Livewire121
04-03-2013, 11:16 AM
I'm not one for ordering things online. But I have to say that I've had great dealings with Jan at Kintec, Steven here at OSE, and Jason at FCR. All 3 of these dealers have communicated well and shipped promply.:thumbup:

Heaving Earth
04-03-2013, 11:18 AM
I've never had a problem with kintec. As far as rtr boats, none of them are perfect anyways.
I hardly consider the Zonda to be "high end".

MAMBA2200
04-03-2013, 11:24 AM
kintec doesnt know there ass from there elbow unless theres a book in front of them.
No need for that you said in your post before you edited it you were a engineer maybe your over thinking this whole situation the boat is set up good for 4s a friend of mine has one (Great running boat) BTW. The solution for you is easy make your own parts and boats and then you will not have to degrade nobody but yourself.:moon:

tlandauer
04-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Now, Now, Now, let's not bash ANYONE like that on these here boards.
Kintec Definitely dosen't desserve that sort of press.
They are a valuable contribution to the boating community, and I as a pro-level driver can vouch for them having come through for me solid.
:iagree:

Talk about bashing!
Man, this kind of talk is not constructive at all. :thumbdown:

Livewire121
04-03-2013, 11:33 AM
:iagree:

Talk about bashing!
Man, this kind of talk is not constructive at all. :thumbdown:

+1:iagree:

BILL OXIDEAN
04-03-2013, 11:40 AM
I notice the thread went positive after my post. :thumbup:
Not sure what about my post is not simply stating facts, and I'm sorry for anyone who can find anything negative about what I said.

Heaving Earth
04-03-2013, 12:05 PM
I notice the thread went positive after my post. :thumbup:
Not sure what about my post is not simply stating facts, and I'm sorry for anyone who can find anything negative about what I said.

What? You're confused, nobody is disagreeing with you bill

Heaving Earth
04-03-2013, 12:13 PM
kintec doesnt know there ass from there elbow. just slaps there junk in it.
it's "their" not "there".
You want to call them idiots and morons yet you lack basic elementary school grammar skills.

Doby
04-03-2013, 12:17 PM
awesome track kevin pratt cant wait to duplicate it at my house. kintec doesnt know there ass from there elbow unless theres a book in front of them. they say cg doesnt matter other than how it sits on a shelf. no wonder the zonda from them blows over on 5s. they have the batts mounted in the rear most parts of the boat. idiots. its a f!@#$%g 41 inch cat. i revamped all the crap they did when i got it. now it does damm near 70mph smooth as glass with the front 40% of the hull completely out of the water. they said i erased 8 months of r and d. what a couple of liars jan and kent r. the boat is made completely by tfl hobbies. kintec just slaps there junk in it. who puts a traxxas servo in a high end boat like that. it lasted 3 charges. they f!@#$d up the y harness and burnt out channel 2 in receiver because they thought they could make a better y harness than proboat or hobbico. they shrunk wrapped the black and red together and tried saying i did something to it. yeah i did i made the whole boat properly set up with quality components like a hitec 645mg servo for example and a much better quality futaba radio not a 25 dollar flysky. u get a great hull with crap in it set up completely wrong. lets mount the seakings right on the cg so now u cant use the batts to adjust the ride at all.morons. but they had 8 months of r and d in it. hahahahahahahaha more like 8 mins of scratchin their heads. sorry thats my experience with jan and kent and this was a month ago. they didnt want to hear how the boat should have been set up. they r perfect!!!!! lol not

Wow..whine much:olleyes:

If you didn't like the components that came with the boat, why did you buy it?
Did you not read the description of the boat on their website, its pretty detailed as to what comes with it...and yet you bought it. Lots of pics on the website as well so you knew what was mounted where as well..

Sorry, I'm a bit confused here..sounds like you got what you paid for, have now turned it into a "damn near 70mph" boat with some tuning that is up to one's own personal taste anyway, and now bitch about it.:confused2:

I sent Jan a E-Mail regarding your posts on here.

BILL OXIDEAN
04-03-2013, 12:21 PM
What? You're confused, nobody is disagreeing with you bill

Oh good : ) I'm so used to having my posts misconstrewed. I totally mean well.
I get so frustrated at the way FE boating is portrayed in the industry. Companies are reluctant to post anything or contribute to us for such a vast reputation of behaving like pirates and pihranas that attack anything that hits the water (these boards)
The community is too small to be publicly bashing anything or anyone.

I'm telling you guys the truth. FE boats are wildly gaining popularity, but racing and the core of our sport is struggling to bring in new blood.
I've seen company reps log in on here and just get PUMMELED with neg complaints, etc no positive feedback.

How many company reps (besides sponsored drivers) do you see offering advice or posting on here? Very few.
Let's share our amazing experiences on here and praise the sport and its contestants. I PROMISE good will come of it : )

properchopper
04-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Hello Marc and welcome aboard. I feel compelled to jump in here ( I know this is none of my business) but since I've had a very productive and long term relationship with Jan - I build boats for people, and along with Stephen at OSE I've always had the best service one can ask for.

Let me start off with a statement that sounds terrible but my boating buddies here on the forum will surely back me up : " Almost without exception, one's first FE boat will pretty much be a disaster when it comes to asking it to do things beyond it's design intent". OK ; slam away- I can take it :wink:

To begin with, a boat like the Zonda, given it's size ,rigging, and price point is decently priced for all that you get. It isn't intended to deliver the performance or survive like a similiarly sized high end cat which can't be had for easily twice the price, usually much more. Additionally, you'll find that just about every RtR boat, including those from the big name RC companies need a fair amount of blueprinting to overcome weaknesses caused by holding to an accessable retail price point. It can be viewed as an open door policy to creating an advancement of our skills if looked at it that way. I'm not attempting to invalidate your experience but this is the reality of the hobby. You get what you pay for.

A few points :

Cats are tunnel hulls They pack air and blow over. They do, and I can supply tons of vids to demonstrate that. Go to my Youtube channel [properchopper1] to see some cat aerobatics :blush: Between myself and my club members, we hold multiple NAMBA SAW records with cats. As does Bill (above). For every record I'd estimate that there's a minimum of a half-dozen blowovers getting there !

I've been rigging customer's boats with the Traxxas servo. Admittedly not the best, but decently priced and are claimed to be waterproof. No come-backs to date. The often revered Hitec 645 MG is on my banned list. The gears are a combination of plastic and metal, one metal gear being LITERALLY paper thin and is highly prone to shedding teeth - the rebuild kit is @ $18.

I also oval race. Seven classes when the opportunity arises. My $40 2 year old FlySky has NEVER glitched or failed in all my oval boats (SAW too). Yup I get heat from my compadres but I'm a happy camper and can't argue with success ( or $7 Rx's)

Jan, and with personal conversations with Stephen at OSE to back this up, is taking on a big risk selling RtR or ARTR boats. By definition, they will very likely be purchased by those with not the most complete understanding of what the boat's potential is. Often expectations outweigh the boat's capability. It may be looked on as a bit of a "bitter pill" learning experience when expectations exceed the boat's capability, but as I said above, we've all been through it and with perserverance we end up in a better place and reap the joys of this thing we call "FE".

Please consider taking my comments constructively and hang in there.

Tony
rcboatbuild@hotmail.com

Basstronics
04-03-2013, 06:14 PM
I dont see the problem here. Nothing wrong with the blue Traxxas servo, I use and like them- never have failed me (yet). THe boats setup for 4s @ approx 30K RPM. 5s is going to put you closer to 39K RPM.

If you wanted hull and hardware then you should of just bought that. Its intended as a 4s boat and if you are to dumb to get that then you deserve everything you got coming to you.

Heaving Earth
04-03-2013, 06:32 PM
I also use traxxas servos with good results.

trimarc geico
04-03-2013, 06:35 PM
sorry joel but after having a lengthy discussion with jan and kent . i can truly see there knowledge of what they sell or deal with.

Heaving Earth
04-03-2013, 06:36 PM
If trimarc is such a genius, maybe he can start building and selling boats and take the risks involved. I doubt he will tho...

MAMBA2200
04-03-2013, 06:43 PM
He could reinvent the wheel while he's at it lol

Sent from my FE Phone

trimarc geico
04-03-2013, 06:53 PM
"i sent jan an email"? so and your point? people r stating their opinions and typing about their situations. thats what happened. and NO it didnt show where the batts went or did it say that it came with a traxxas servo! i stumbled across it on their site and thought the boat was sharp and wanted it. so no its not pretty detailed. i am not bitching as u put it. if u dont like the fact that someone saw the real kintec for what they know too bad. wwwaaaaaahhhhh. send all the emails u like. i tell it like it is. how retarded really. im an adult with an opinion like the next adult. if u cant handle my opinion dont read it!!! again kevin pratt i watched that vid 10 times awesome track!!!

JimClark
04-03-2013, 06:55 PM
"i sent jan an email"? so and your point? people r stating their opinions and typing about their situations. thats what happened. and NO it didnt show where the batts went or did it say that it came with a traxxas servo! i stumbled across it on their site and thought the boat was sharp and wanted it. so no its not pretty detailed. i am not bitching as u put it. if u dont like the fact that someone saw the real kintec for what they know too bad. wwwaaaaaahhhhh. send all the emails u like. i tell it like it is. how retarded really. im an adult with an opinion like the next adult. if u cant handle my opinion dont read it!!! again kevin pratt i watched that vid 10 times awesome track!!!

Tone it down trimarc

JimClark
04-03-2013, 06:56 PM
I see no use for this thread any more so closed she is and infraction given