PDA

View Full Version : Pure SAW Carbon Fiber Rigger

gerardobrandao
12-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Hello guys!

First, i don´t know if this is the right place to start this thread, if not mine excuses, and put it in the right place!
Most of all, don´t know me but i´m an enthusiast of RC since i was born...I saved the little money i had when i was young for buying every month the RC boat modeller...We are talking 20 years ago.
No i´m 31 and i´m an mechanical engineer.. :sinking-guy:
I designed from base,until the first prototype that was sold.
Boat will be made with cooperation of a specialized canoe and kayak company that produces the kayak for most of the oarsman that compete on olympic games!

I had large demand and interest on the boat that i made that was in this forum http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?19346-Selling-6S-carbon-Fiber-Kevlar-SAW-rigger&highlight=

I didn´t had the moulds, but after a while i got them again!
I will make a batch of 5 boats, that could be upscaled to 10 or more considering the demanding!
Boat has 40 inch long, and 23 inch between outside sponsons.
Hull weight is, without paint, or any colored finishing gelcoat, aprox 2.25lb bare hull!
Attack angle of sponsons are tunable from 3.25º to 5.5º,by and aluminium parts that adjust the height of the front sponson booms.
The hull will be made, in complete Carbon Fiber/kevlar reinforcement in strategic areas,with 100% epoxy.
It could be normal layup laminated, or vaccum bagged, it´s the customer choice, with different price of course!
Finishing could be satin finish, high gloss finish, or colored gel coat finish.Colors would be given based on the ones available, but at least 24 different ones!
Again here i post the video when i took the portuguese speed record, and never runned it again.
It´s a very light, and stiff hull.
Since i have the moulds, i will provide to any buyer, a part that could be damaged during some friendly boating, or SAW event!
Someone could buy, one sponson, or 2.....A simple hatch...the main hull, the back tail, the carbon booms....Any part!
Concerning weight and dimensions, it could be a very good boat for 4S, 6S, 8S and 10S.
Attention, this is only a SAW boat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8pFxbIyxo8

After that it was sold to Mr Don Ferrete, wich gaved me is authorization to put is name here, and took the T hydro record at 114mph record run, with a one pass of 118mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TraU4-a0MIQ

If there is any interest from your part, please PM me concerning prices, shipping , colors and availability!
I would have all the interest to help!

Some pics..

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk53/gerardobrandao/rigger%206s%20SAW/16012011117.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk53/gerardobrandao/_DSC3912.jpg?t=1288978798

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk53/gerardobrandao/_DSC3903.jpg?t=1288979029

Best Regards to all of you , and a Extra, Super 2013

Mike Caruso
01-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Hi,
Do you have some idea of prices?
Thanks,
Chicago, IL 60634
Mike Caruso

teddyboy
01-03-2013, 01:47 PM
Keep me in the loop on any information that you will have. Looks great and I would be interested.

LOVE6S
01-03-2013, 03:05 PM
It said in the ad to PM if you have any interest, has anyone PM'D him?

gerardobrandao
01-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Hello

I´m getting values for different parts, like the prices for normal layup and vaccum bagged, in different configurations...
I´m only trying to give the best and accurate data has it is possible, in order to give to the interested possible buyers, the best of the best!

Tomorrow will post values.

Very Best Regards, and thank you all for your attention!

teddyboy
01-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Sounds great, looking forward to the information. Ted

Mike Caruso
01-03-2013, 10:33 PM
It said in the ad to PM if you have any interest, has anyone PM'D him?

I would have but I read right past it DOH....... I was drooling to much.
Mike

gerardobrandao
01-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Hello

Here follows Price for FULL Carbon Fiber Rigger complete:
Best Carbon fiber tissue available, with this i mean, it comes from Finland and not China.
One of the best Epoxy produced in Germany.
Doesn´t turn yellow in the sun, neither get softer at higher temps!

-Normal WET Layup

3 layers 200gr/sq meter carbon fiber plus 1 layer of Roving Fiberglass 80gr/sq meter, with carbon finishing or colored gelcoat (20 colors available) in different parts, Main Hull, Sponsons, Tail wing:

Weight aprox for bare hull complete +/-10% 35 oz

- 465€

-Vacuum Bagged
2 Layers 200gr/sq meter carbon fiber with special Rohacell® plus 1 layer of Roving Fiberglass 80gr/sq meter in sandwich configuration, with carbon finishing or colored gelcoat (20 colors available) in different parts, Main Hull, Sponsons, Tail wing:

- 580€

Weight aprox for bare hull complete +/-5% 26 oz , Best finishing available and highest compactness possible due absence of air or any kind of bubbles imperfections!
This makes for a almost "bullet proof", yet very light, hull.

The main goal is to have the highest possible orders, due to the energy that is wasted in the Autoclave for curing the Epoxy.
The goal, is to have the crop of a cream product, and not financial enrichment :) !
I do this for pleasure, and not for financial concerns!
If anyone wants a special gel coat finishing, please send request by email, and i will do mine best!

In the future will provide prices for single part replacements.

Best Regards, and thank you all! :olleyes:

LOVE6S
01-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Can you convert to USD

gerardobrandao
01-04-2013, 06:16 PM
Hello

If you can , go to www.xe.com

But 1€= approx 1.3$ USD so just multiply the values in € by 1.3 and you get the results in $ USD !

Best Regards

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Cooper
01-04-2013, 06:18 PM
Hello

Here follows Price for FULL Carbon Fiber Rigger complete:
Best Carbon fiber tissue available, with this i mean, it comes from Finland and not China.
One of the best Epoxy produced in Germany.
Doesn´t turn yellow in the sun, neither get softer at higher temps!

-Normal WET Layup

3 layers 200gr/sq meter carbon fiber plus 1 layer of Roving Fiberglass 80gr/sq meter, with carbon finishing or colored gelcoat (20 colors available) in different parts, Main Hull, Sponsons, Tail wing:

Weight aprox for bare hull complete +/-10% 35 oz

- 465€

-Vacuum Bagged
2 Layers 200gr/sq meter carbon fiber with special Rohacell® plus 1 layer of Roving Fiberglass 80gr/sq meter in sandwich configuration, with carbon finishing or colored gelcoat (20 colors available) in different parts, Main Hull, Sponsons, Tail wing:

- 580€

Weight aprox for bare hull complete +/-5% 26 oz , Best finishing available and highest compactness possible due absence of air or any kind of bubbles imperfections!
This makes for a almost "bullet proof", yet very light, hull.

The main goal is to have the highest possible orders, due to the energy that is wasted in the Autoclave for curing the Epoxy.
The goal, is to have the crop of a cream product, and not financial enrichment :) !
I do this for pleasure, and not for financial concerns!
If anyone wants a special gel coat finishing, please send request by email, and i will do mine best!

In the future will provide prices for single part replacements.

Best Regards, and thank you all! :olleyes:

€465 =. $607.68

€580 = $757.97

Cooper
01-04-2013, 06:21 PM
One euro equals 1.3068 us dollars
1 EUR € = 1.3068 USD $

gerardobrandao
01-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Since these will probably be the first 5 to be made I offer a 5% discount, but only on the first five!
I will put the names,or not if someone doesn't want to ,of the first 5 customers.

After that, price will go to normal

Best Regards

LOVE6S
01-04-2013, 06:45 PM
Can I ask what the full carbon fiber rigger complete includes?

gerardobrandao
01-04-2013, 06:54 PM
Can I ask what the full carbon fiber rigger complete includes?

No problem...feel free to ask everything that you want....

The rigger complete means complete bare hull.....no hardware

This is a rigger designed for SAW .....99% of the pilots chooses their hardware,motor ,speed controller!that's what I do...at least...
That's why I only sell the bare hull...each pilot has is own preferences because we knows where he what to go... :-)

Regards

Mike Caruso
12-30-2013, 05:15 PM
No problem...feel free to ask everything that you want....

The rigger complete means complete bare hull.....no hardware

This is a rigger designed for SAW .....99% of the pilots chooses their hardware,motor ,speed controller!that's what I do...at least...
That's why I only sell the bare hull...each pilot has is own preferences because we knows where he what to go... :-)

Regards

Hi, Have you ever built and sold any boats? Regards, Mike

nate
04-26-2014, 02:13 AM
Anyone bought from this gentleman yet?

gerardobrandao
04-26-2014, 06:08 AM
Hello everyone.

Has some know, i have been dedicated to rc bot moddeling since i was 12 years old and i'm now 33.
I'm got at the top of mine career , and i'm now industrial enginner director on an international company.
That leaded me, unfortunately, to not having the deserved time for mine lovelling hobby.
I read some posts from some folkd now and then, but don't have enough time.
5 boats here sold to Europe, and i keep getting emails an pm .

At the moment this a stand by situation, and if i have 10 more orders i could see what i can do.

Very best regards to all of you, and sorry for a so late answer.
Mine apologizes.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk