PDA

View Full Version : Newbie just wanting to say hi!

samobaggins
12-24-2012, 05:16 PM
Hi to all!
I'm new to the Rc boat world by getting a toy (joysway magic cat) and now looking to get something bigger like the joysway super mono x.Are there any other boats I should be looking at around the same price?

larryrose11
12-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Consider buying something used from this forum!!

Basstronics
12-24-2012, 07:38 PM
If you want just an RTR you will be fairly limited if you have a lower end fixed budget.

If you have some skills and want to build your own you can do a 25" Bling Rocket on the real cheap and have a fun fast boat that handles like crazy! I honestly think this should be everyones first fast electric mono thats on a budget.

Richie the shipwright
12-25-2012, 06:36 AM
Why not have a crack at building your own boat mate? Lots of plans around plus youll learn a heaps about boats as you build. start with something simple, then go from there. Just an idea. :-) Enjoy your new hobby buddy.

samobaggins
12-26-2012, 09:07 AM
I have tried to look for the bling rocket and can't find a great deal info on it! I am new to forums and have tried to search but I think I'm asking the wrong questions.Are you able to point me in the right direction.
I am handy and don't mind a hands on project with a little direction..

kingwrench
12-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Welcome to the site. Lots of good info and deals on here.

Basstronics
12-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Its a pretty hard boat to screw up. They run real well and theres many hardware options.

Just google search 26" Bling Rocket Same places offers the 3/16" strut, 95mm rudder, motor mount, servo mount. Then you will need your electrics, servo, cable, prop, etc, etc.

Ive run 3s in mine when I had it, but it seems to be 4S is the ticket. A 3674 motor seems to move them out nicely without being to powerful- be a good sport boat. You can put one of these together for around same money as an RTR and have a far nicer boat in the end.

Chrisg81983
12-27-2012, 12:12 AM
Welcome Sam basstronics has a very good suggestion with the bling rocket that's if you want a mono. If you would like a cat I would go with a Aeromarine mean machine. They run like hell can handle speed, turns, and pretty inexpensive this is what I stared with. ( I am a cat guy ) ......just start small and go from there this site has heaps of good info and people who are willing to help. Just never be imbarassed to ask questions and you will be fine in this hobby. You will never stop learning I have been in the Rc game for over 17 years and I still ask questions. Good luck man

samobaggins
12-27-2012, 01:54 AM
Thanks for all the replies,I have looked for the bling rocket and found the manufacturer web page and it look like it is no longer made.
I have found this web site and hull, that someone from the forum mentioned in another thread and the hull look quite similar http://www.horracing.com/product_info.php?products_id=101 any thoughts on this hull or manufacturer? I have spotted the hull is longer.But would still like your thoughts

Basstronics
12-27-2012, 05:22 AM
I have that boat also, that is the Pursuit. Good boat also, but those few extra inches are going to hit the wallet.

26" Bling Rocket still made and available hull only for $36, with shipping I paid like $48 to the door. Stock comes and goes, you can always get notified when they come back in. Steve carries the Delta Force 26 but is currently out of stock. The DF26 is the real deal the others are knock offs albeit good quality ones.