PDA

View Full Version : Lv cut off?

stadiumyamaha
12-18-2012, 09:11 PM
Anyone know what lvc is on this esc. Mine is draining my batts down to much.
Think is time for a programmable seaking 120

JimClark
12-18-2012, 09:47 PM
it is in your manual 11.6V

bob_t
12-18-2012, 10:50 PM
On the same page of the manual, just below the esc specs where it says 11.6V, it also says (cut and pasted from the manual):
"It also has a 10.8V battery cut off safety system that shuts the power
down to the motor to avoid damaging the batteries."

So, looks like you don't totally lose power until 10.8V. That seems pretty low for LiPos'.

This was briefly discussed in the "best battery for Revolt 30" thread yesterday.

JimClark
12-18-2012, 10:55 PM
10.8 devided by 3S=3.6 per cell

bob_t
12-18-2012, 11:05 PM
They are 4s, though, that is the problem .... either 1-4s pack with adaptor, or 2-2s packs in series (which is how they are wired, as received):

Input Voltage: 12-14 NiMH
4 cells LiPo

10.8 / 4 = 2.7 per cell, or even at 11.6 / 4 = 2.9 per cell, isn't that a little low for LiPos'?

JimClark
12-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Well then you are correct seem's wierd math they are using. Don't have and never will uses a boat like that so I don't know all about hose

stadiumyamaha
12-18-2012, 11:16 PM
What I'm experiencing is the batts are at about 3.6v after a run which is fine but they are draining well below the 80% mark in mah.

bob_t
12-18-2012, 11:22 PM
What I'm experiencing is the batts are at about 3.6v after a run which is fine but they are draining well below the 80% mark in mah.

Are you hitting the stutter bump "warning", when that happens?

Santa hasn't put our Revolts under the tree yet, so we need to wait at least 7 more days before my son and I can run ours ... weather permitting ie, no snow or ice. :biggrin:

PS ... last one arrived by UPS today and my son was measuring the box trying to determine which boat was in the box, based on the box size! :ohmy:

stadiumyamaha
12-19-2012, 09:14 AM
I was letting it hit the cut off until I found this out. Now just timing. I think I'm going to put the seaking in it so I can fire and forget.

bob_t
12-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Stadiumyamaha,
When you say it hit the cut off, are you referring to the stutter bump (which says it cycles the power), or sytem shutdown? Not familiar with the AQ lvc's (yet) ... will be after Christmas. When my PB's hit the cutoff (only happened once or twice),the way I have it programmed is so it drops power to the motor (idle setting), you let off the throttle trigger, it resets, and you can bring the boat to shore. One time bringing back to shore, it went through that shutdown cycle 2 or 3 times, and I was getting worried. That time, the packs took ~90% capacity to recharge, but the batteries have continued to work just fine. The other setting for the esc is to reduce to 50% power at lvc, but setting it to drop to idle is very "obvious".
Thanks,
Bob

stadiumyamaha
12-19-2012, 01:43 PM
The aq esc is unlike most other in that it starts to stutter when lv is reached.
Most other will reduce power dramatically when lv is reached.
For some reason this one is allowing the batts the drain further than what I would consider safe for a lipo battery before lv cuts in.