PDA

View Full Version : Record flooding hits home

RMZDADDY
06-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Things have gotten really ugly here in Cedar Rapids and much of the eastern half of Iowa. The Cedar river here has risen to record levels and is expected to crest an incredible 20 feet above flood stage. Nothing in local history comes close to a disaster like this.
My family and I are fortunate enough to be located on high ground but thousands here are not so lucky. Our city is literally crippled.
Here is a link to some pics of what we're dealing with, wish us luck, God knows we're gonna need it.
http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=GO&Dato=20080613&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=935363878&Ref=PH

z400
06-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Yeah man, it seems like about every week here in illinois we are getting 2-3 inches of rain.

Steven Vaccaro
06-15-2008, 07:56 AM
Sorry to hear this! We are all praying for ya. Its an awful thing dealing with water in our homes. It hit me a few years back. I'm still not 100% repaired.

RMZDADDY
06-15-2008, 10:04 AM
Thank you Steven, that's very kind of you to say.
Among those affected is one of my friends that runs with us on Sundays. His home is still under water, his vehicles are lost, and also his garage door blew out, causing his collection of 20k worth of race boats to float away in the flood waters.
It's so tragic that hundreds of blocks of homes have suffered the same fate.
Z- I hope you fare better in Illinois, good luck....

Jedi Master
06-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Things have gotten really ugly here in Cedar Rapids and much of the eastern half of Iowa. The Cedar river here has risen to record levels and is expected to crest an incredible 20 feet above flood stage. Nothing in local history comes close to a disaster like this.
My family and I are fortunate enough to be located on high ground but thousands here are not so lucky. Our city is literally crippled.
Here is a link to some pics of what we're dealing with, wish us luck, God knows we're gonna need it.
http://www.gazetteonline.com/

It must be a global thing; we got hit really hard here in the U.K. last year. This year wasn't as bad, but still way worse than expected. Mother Nature takes no prisoners and we're all at her mercy. Good luck to you and your community!