PDA

View Full Version : Motor Options for 59'' Mono

Rocstar
12-14-2012, 11:21 AM
Building a 59’’ mono soon and looking at motor options. Will need to run twins to achieve what I want to do, unless convinced otherwise. I would like the ability to up the voltage and run 80mph as well as dial her back for most runs. My first thought was to use 2028’s or Protues X524’s.. I am unsure what power is needed to move this one. This hull is new territory for me. Anyone running a mono around this size? Suggestions?

Jason4636
12-14-2012, 11:43 PM
Joel, I'm in the same boat as you are. As to this being new territory, for me too. My hull got to Keith's today, for his inlay. I can't wait to see it, he said it's a sexy looking hull. As you know I'm going with the 528's beast motor. Same as the CC 2028's. Keith had told me he tore them both down side by side. He said they look like they was built in the same shop. In that one write up I sent you about that MHZ mono build. That guy was getting 80mph out of a twin 2028 setup. I know the hull is only a 56" mono but its close to your 59". Run it on 10s for speed and 8s for just getting around. Or go with the 524's, that was what I was going to run till I bought the 528's. Just switch it from D to Y wind.