PDA

View Full Version : Fightercat 2s 6s 300 Amp escs

sampit
12-12-2012, 07:41 AM
Well i sent two unused 2s/6s back to China i bought from Ben at FC last year i send them back to China four months ago to exhange them for 2 x 8s 240amps
all went well i payed extra but they needed the 300amp escs back

But today four months on i have had the 2 x2s/6s 300Amps returned to me just as i sent them with no explanation maybe the address in China I was given wad wrong , but is that a bonus?

Question is is anyone still using a FC 2s/6s 300Amp without problems or or did they all blow up.:flashfire:
would come in handy if they work for a twin 4s Cheetah.and these were the later escs supplied just before Ben departed FC.
i know the early ones were dodgy and tented to:flame42:but should i try them or bin them.

Mattwarner
12-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Don't bin them! I will take one of them if you are Lol!

P.s sorry I've not sent that prop off yet, wasn't sure whether you still wanted to try it

Chilli
12-12-2012, 03:01 PM
I have two and I used both in my 6S SAW boat. I made sure they were programmed properly and they have performed very well.

HTVboats
12-15-2012, 09:50 AM
I have two and I used both in my 6S SAW boat. I made sure they were programmed properly and they have performed very well.

Mike,
I have a FC 300 6S I bought when they were closing them out and it never has worked for me. Goes out for a lap or two, disarms itself and we have to retrieve. I have the FC programing box is it possible it won't communicate. Be Happy to send you both and see if I am doing something wrong.(which is often the problem)
Mic

Chilli
12-15-2012, 11:03 AM
I wonder if the controller is set for the wrong number of cells and your hitting LVC. Let me refer this to Carl Cisneros. He's my Fightercat ESC expert.

carlcisneros
12-15-2012, 04:11 PM
HTV;
set the lvc to 3.0 and make sure you have the correct number of cells programmed.
if you are running a delta wind motor, set the timing from 0-5 deg max.
if you are running a wye wind motor set it from 5-10deg. max.

if you are using the FC box and you the beep after every thing you program into the ESC, then it is communicating properly with
the ESC.

HTVboats
12-17-2012, 09:34 AM
One of the first things I checked was the LVC and of course if the battery had a failed cell. I think I ran the unit about 4 times and got frustrated as the pond where I test has about 90% gas boats and 9% nitro which I have both and they look for my FE boats to fail. Which they often do as my learning curve advances. I try not to rub it in and run at the same time with a P or Q tunnel which runs in the 50-60+ range and out accelerates them. All good fun but they do relish my failures at times.
I took the ESC off the "healing shelf" ,kind of a never never land for crap that didn't work, and checked what I had last programmed and all was ok, 12 degrees for a Y motor but cell count was at 2S and I always ran it on 6S? The only time I ever used a 2S was to first program the unit. How it jumped from 6 to 2S I can't figure. This is why I question if my "box" and or 6S ESC are linking properly. It beeps at the proper times and I followed the latest instructions to the letter. I guess I will try it in my "P" mono on 4S next. Have to do it in my canal as I can't face another retrieval at the gas pond.
Mic

carlcisneros
12-18-2012, 12:44 AM
sounds good
do drop the timing down to 10deg.

program it like you said for 4S and chuck it in the water and see how it goes.

HTVboats
12-22-2012, 04:43 PM
Ran the P mono with a 2200kv Y motor on 4S at 8 degrees timming today. Did everything it was suppose to. Poses the question what caused the downfall on 6S? Something in LVC or since you seem to keep mentioning 10 degrees or less is there something in the program that won't allow high timming? Or was using the BEC in the controller a problem on 6S? Oh well seems to be working and I really need the capacity for 4S SAW runs which will be with 1521 D winds and lower timming.
Mic

sampit
12-24-2012, 03:15 AM
I ran one today for the first time on a 4s setup, it ran great, with no problems.

carlcisneros
12-25-2012, 12:46 AM
HTV

runa SEPERATE battery for the radio when using 6S set up.

just remove the red lead from the ESC plug.