PDA

View Full Version : lonewolfs custom hardware for sale

lonewolf
12-10-2012, 09:17 PM
For starters I have been making hardware for boaters here for quite a few yrs now tho now coming back after a short break Here's what i have pics of at the moment.
A is a stinger great for a mid sized mono (tho if interested could get a second one for cat guys...This is a low profile stinger that uses a 3/16 propshaft...The measurements are in standard. This drive will include mounting hardware and two shaft bushings. I flare my bushings to help prevent bushing slide up the cable...All of my hardware is made from 6061 aluminum. This drive is also has adjustable up and down angle of about 10 deg each way. Asking price is 45$ shipped

B is a also a 3/16 drive for monos upto about 35 inches. This drive will also include two bushing and mounting hardware also adjustable in angle . asking 45$ shipped

If anyone needs more info or pics plz let me know ill be happy to fill you in on needed details..Either reply here or by p/m.
If anyone needs matching rudders for these drives I can take care of that also...Thanks guys happy boating

I should make this known that this will be an ongoing event so if anyone has any ideas or needs something special of different for your build ill do my best to satisfy your needs. !!! I have helped out quite a few builds along the way so if something comes.to mind feel free to drop me a pm.
I hope to vet this moved to the services forum to continue this work! !! Thanks guys!!!

lonewolf
12-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Hey boater I plan on makeing this an ongoing sale. If anyone has any ideas for their. Building I would be happy to hear them. Or if you want or need something that isn't.offered by other vendors I would be happy to hear from you to discuss your needs. Thanks. Lonewolf

Meniscus
12-12-2012, 04:15 PM
I can personally attest to the quality lonewolf puts into all of the things he fabricates. I've hired him several times in the past and have been more than pleasantly surprised with what I received, all to my spec and accomodating design elements that are far from easy to execute. My point is not to rave about him or is services, but to offer that if you have a doubt, contact me and I'll be happy to share my experiences with him as an independent, objective party.

h2o 1
12-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Will you also be making struts and motor mounts? Hardware for riggers by any chance? Thanks

Doug Smock
12-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Good looking stuff David.

lonewolf
12-12-2012, 07:18 PM
9010890109901109011190112Ok here are some more of my offerings C is a 1/4 drive skegged strut Sorry I dont have a bushing for this one but will include mounting hardware this strut is adjustable for height and angle...
Next is D This is a #/16 drive stinger great for smaller monos maybe up to about 30 inches will come with 2 bushings and mounting hardware. 30$ shipped.
next is D this is a smaller rudder also great for monos up to about 30 inches and yep hardware included this will also be 30$ shipped. If anyone is interested i would sell both as a set for 50$ shipped
Next is F this a rudder for cats up to about 36 inches I should add that as this sits it is designed for a dual puush pull set up for a more scale look. hareware included. 30$ shipped. If a guy was intersted I can add a second drive like the one pictured in A this set could would sell for 100$ shipped for the set for all three pcs. this would be a great deal seeing I sold the drives alone for 100$.

lonewolf
12-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Here are the pics of the cat rudder

lonewolf
12-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Her are some pics of a current project There will be three sets of these avail when finished..I will hold off on finishing these drives so that I can fit them to the desired needs of the builder.. These drives will be for mid sized cats around 36 inches up to bout 45 tho could be cut down sone for smaller builds. These drive will be 3/16 .. these drives are made for my 42 in cat and are pictured on my build also seen in my42 in cat build thread....
These drives are desinged to be steerable tho could be made for non steerable....just a peek at this time no price has been set....

And yes as asked I can makehardware for bout any style hull yes even riggers I should note that so far I havent made rudders with water pick ups... I tend to preferr the thru hull stull pick ups which I also make...However I would be willing to give them a whirl..lol. Yep for riggers and such....
And yes motor mounts ok whats left...lol Have an idea you wanna try lets talk

For you guys into trucks I also do that stuff also....I recently did a tranny mount for a scale chevy blazer, oh heck I made the whole frame from 6061 alum....could post pics of that work here but not sure if it applies to this thread maybe a mod could inform me if ok to do so...

Well happy building and boating time for me to go work on my 42 cat build....

h2o 1
12-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Sweet hardware Lonewolf! sending you a pm so we can chat further. T hanks, Mark

lonewolf
12-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Hey guys things been busy in my house I recently finished a set of steerable drives for a customer. and thought Id share pics I have also added some pics of the other hardware to show it in a mounted type of pic....Enjoy....

lonewolf
12-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Here are the other pics of the hardware already listed these are to show relation to a hull....hope this helps out guys...

devo
12-22-2012, 07:06 PM
Can you give me an exact measurement Of the bolt holes/pattern on the A. Stinger in your first post. I will be using it to replace a worn out one and want to make sure I can make the bolt pattern work while not making my boat look like swiss cheese. By the way if that one doesn't work would you make me one if if gave you the bolt hole measurements I need and if so how much are we talking about? It's going on a delta force 26

srislash
12-22-2012, 09:13 PM
Hey guys things been busy in my house I recently finished a set of steerable drives for a customer. and thought Id share pics I have also added some pics of the other hardware to show it in a mounted type of pic....Enjoy....Those are looking good Lonewolf.

lonewolf
12-23-2012, 03:40 PM
The holes are 1 inch on center and. 836 on center from.bottom of.drive. if need I can adjust the hole pattern or add holes to ur liking.

srislash
12-23-2012, 07:36 PM
Those mount holes should be fine bud.

lonewolf
12-26-2012, 02:14 PM
Sorry that response was for devo. Should have stated that...

Mike Caruso
12-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Hey guys things been busy in my house I recently finished a set of steerable drives for a customer. and thought Id share pics I have also added some pics of the other hardware to show it in a mounted type of pic....Enjoy....

Lonewolf,
Very nice work, I know what it takes to make parts from material. I hope the people load you up with work my friend. And the fact that you are open to new idea's is real nice to hear!!!
Mike

seedoobob3
01-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Do you have options on setback to cat push/pull rudder?

lonewolf
03-03-2013, 10:42 AM
seedoobob3
I can work with options...That is what custom work is about... I rarely make more than 4 sets of anything I make...If I feel a new project has worthyness I will go thru the effort to make multiples That way I can insure more accurate work when reproducing more than one set....So Do you have a pic of ur idea... post it up up send me a pm..

Well I have been working with the drives for my customer Since last post I have come up with and idea that works real smooth and hey looks pretty good if i dont say so myelf ...lol

This will be set up as a push -pull with standard ball end links... This challenge was getting enough throw and also have clearance for moving parts...When working with twin set ups all throws and piviots must be right on the mark or set up will bind at some point and cause servo failure... ouch with 300-400 oz servo....
This setup allows for easy set up and smooth operation...and also any needed adjustment to the driveline...Upon customer approval I will update all nuts bolts and do final polish of set... This drive set will include drives 2 sets of flex bearings all mounting hardware if desired...a template for all holes needed for complete mount...and full instructions of diassasembl for any maint that may be needed and also adjusting the drives.

Awe heck heres the pics...

srislash
03-04-2013, 01:37 AM
That looks saweeet,good work buddy. Nice

lonewolf
03-05-2013, 08:13 PM
Glad you like now just for the finishing touches then yours when ready...

lenny
03-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Do you make rudders with duel water pick ups ?
I am looking for a 1/4 skeg strut and rudder for a AeroMarine 50" pro cat gas boat.

lonewolf
03-08-2013, 10:14 AM
I have done a couple smaller ones... I personally use thru hull.pick ups. I do have a 1/4 skeg strut tho no rudder attached to it. I am.willing to give it a whirl....
See above pics for the skeg strut....

srislash
03-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Glad you like now just for the finishing touches then yours when ready...So I am thinking,do you think a pair of .150 cables would suffice for this thing? I am thinking twin 1515 power'ish for a mild setup in the 47" inch light hull.Or should I go 3/16 in case of upgrade.
Oh and I can send $$$ anytime.

lonewolf
03-08-2013, 10:22 AM
I have done a couple smaller ones... I personally use thru hull.pick ups. I do have a 1/4 skeg strut tho no rudder attached to it. I am.willing to give it a whirl....
See above pics for the skeg strut.... I also have a 1/4 cable. No nuts or drive dog but could work a deal to include that also...tho would need to double check on that

lonewolf
03-09-2013, 06:48 PM
So I am thinking,do you think a pair of .150 cables would suffice for this thing? I am thinking twin 1515 power'ish for a mild setup in the 47" inch light hull.Or should I go 3/16 in case of upgrade.
Oh and I can send $$$ anytime.

I would go 3/16 all the way''''why take the chance 25$ cable verses motor or esc or both....

lonewolf
03-17-2013, 04:44 PM
Hey guys spring is in the air time to get boats running....Well these last few weeks have been killer on me, tho I have managed to make up some motor mounts for a pr pf 4082's going into my 42 cat... I have made an order for nuts bolts and such the parts I need now are backordered a few days..hopefully early this week...As for now here are some pics of the motor mounts... As of now these are temp. tho siutable I may do a water cooled version...

heres the pics..

Diegoboy
03-17-2013, 10:54 PM
Dave. I may need your outstanding services yet again. Call me when you have time to talk. It'll give me time to get the measurements as this request is still in design phase.
Thanks!!

lonewolf
04-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Hey Danny hows the project going.....should say both of them that I know of but prolly more....Anywho lemme know...

Shawn Your new drives are on the way....

Bob work in progress...

srislash
04-25-2013, 06:48 PM
DAVE... That is awesome work Truly great,I am sooo looking forward to implementing them.The steering turned out real smooth.
You must have a great tooling setup. Thank you so much.
Hope you made some jigs so that they can be replicated.

Boy I hope I find some time soon. Guys,don't hesitate to get Dave.
Shawn Reid

lonewolf
04-30-2013, 03:25 PM
I'm glad you like!!. Nope no jig work. If I feel I'll make a few of something I'll do a few of each but I try t keep each job custom...can't wait to see the build thread and some pics!!!

lonewolf
10-26-2013, 01:09 PM
Hey builders it getting to be that time again...If you have some cool ideas and cant find what ya need I would be glad to help!!! Keep in mind that I will do hardware for about any rc vehicle...I have done several trucks ranging from scalers to crawlers...So dont be affraid to speak up sometimes the crazier the funner...lets hear your ideas....Happy building guys Ill get some pics up of a truck build I am also doing...hopefully in a short while here

lonewolf
10-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Ok builders here are the pics of the current truck build im working on...I started with a tranny and some axles then picked up a chopped up clodbuster hardbody.. this was intended to be a scale trail rig....I bent the frame rails and made everything in aluminum...my latest work has been prepareing the body for painting....I got real sick of trying to sand off the red paint.... So I tried useing a chemical we use for glueing plastic... Methylene Chloride...It made short work of disolving the paint... The trick is to just get the paint and do no scrubbing as this will damage the surface of the plastic... Well in short if you use too much of the chemical it WILL dissolve the body.. I have removed the paint and now in the process of sanding everything down to 400 grit...My goal is to paint a few models in the same session.
I use my shop at work to do my painting as I have much more room and a dust collector to gather fumes and dust..

Any who onto the pics...

rickwess
10-31-2013, 04:30 PM
I'd be interested in a few stand-up servo mounts machined out of billet.

Mid Day Machining
11-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Nice looking stuff Lonewolf. Do you make it on manual machines or do you own/have access to CNC equipment?

fox88gt
12-18-2013, 11:50 AM
Can you give me a rough idea on price for your dual steerable drive setup? I'd love to incorporate these into a Dumas Scarab 38KV (55") build that I'll be starting soon. I'm a builder on a budget (if there is such a thing with any hobby involving boats, LOL) so I wouldn't need these polished (I'll either polish them myself or go with a black epoxy paint for a MerCruiser-type look) I just love the way this setup looks, great work man!

Jeff

srislash
12-18-2013, 09:45 PM
They would be great for that project. I have a set of 3/16 here that Lonewolf made for me. Very nice.:rockon2:

fox88gt
12-19-2013, 09:28 AM
I must say I'm new to the concept of a steerable flex cable drive (as far as stuffing tube/liner arrangements, etc), but I'm really trying to focus on the "scale" aspect of the Scarab build. Lonewolf's drives look the part and may just fit into my budget for this build. Hope I hear from him soon, but being the holidays and all, peeps are busy busy busy!

srislash
12-19-2013, 11:57 PM
It would do real well on a big hull. Larger hulls tend not to hook in and lean so much due to displacement. If Lonewolf can do a larger set for you it would look awesome. So what did you get? Dumas 'Miami Vice'?

fox88gt
12-20-2013, 10:50 AM
Yes sir, I found a new-in-box kit on the JRCBD forum a while back for a good price, came out of FL. At first I was going to use a 26cc two-stroke, but once I realized that the cockpit would never fit over that big gas engine, I decided to go dual brushless with counter rotating props. Looking to build a scale wave crusher, something that runs about 40 mph. Hoping to put lots of detail into the boat, LED nav lights, etc. Hoping to start the build after the holidays - I've already done the math and determined where I want my CG to be, and wrote an Excel program that allows me to determine CG by entering the weight of each component and where it will go in the hull (should save a lot of trial and error, and get me close to my target CG)

lonewolf
01-01-2014, 01:53 PM
I would be happy to help out with your build....Many options to think about...

fox88gt
01-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Hi lonewolf, I'm looking for a setup like what you have shown in post 19. Can you give me a ballpark idea on price on setup like that? Just trying to see if this will fit into my budget (the entire build will likely cost more than my first 1:1 scale boat, LOL)

lonewolf
01-05-2014, 02:16 PM
Hey fox88gt I sent you a pm....

lonewolf
01-05-2014, 02:27 PM
I think the set up in post 19 would work great with a few mods... you thinking 3/16 or 1/4 cables? any plans for propsize that can also change things some.....

lonewolf
01-05-2014, 02:41 PM
As asked in a earlier post if I use manual or cnc...I use a manual mill and have access to a small lathe also...So far I like to keep my work as custom and so far this works out good...I dont have to spend many hours in programming however in the future I would like to offer a standard line of hardware for various basic set ups in a few diff sizes..In which case a cnc might be helpfull

lonewolf
03-29-2014, 12:46 PM
Well boaters spring is in the air and time to get boats up and running..if you are on the fence for hardware drop me a pm and we can get you finished up and in the water...Happy building

revoltrunner
08-20-2014, 12:28 PM
nice looking hardware.

dasboata
08-21-2014, 08:22 AM
Hi are there roller bearings in the 2nd pic or just some K/S flared over ? thanks chris

czegard
10-06-2014, 06:27 PM
Dave, please check your inbox

lonewolf
11-06-2014, 09:40 AM
which pic are you referring to Dasboata I do flair my tubing for boats...?

srislash
11-06-2014, 01:16 PM
Dave, the drive system is up and running on my 40" AC hull. Just maiden so far. Tuning this weekend

olwarbirds
11-27-2014, 09:07 AM
Dave, I have an upcoming build of a twin Fantasm, its a 41" cat. This hull has somewhat of a limited mounting area on transom. I am planning on trying to reach triple digits with this setup. I dont care for the limited adjustments that the typical stingers used provide. So I was thinking about some kind of a twin strut, possibly similar to your steerable unit. I also want it to have bearings in place of bushings. Plan on using .187 flex. No rush on this, I can send you pics, templates and any measurements you may need. Happy Turkey Day..... DJ

lonewolf
03-06-2015, 06:25 PM
Hey sorry so late on reply....alot going on last few months...Yes ill take a look at your idea and we can go from there... I am currently umemployed due to position elimination....but Ill see what we can do....ps my employment was my connection to a mill tho may be able to work something out... Good luck Dave aka lonewolf feel free to send im...i get notifications

kfxguy
03-06-2015, 06:29 PM
Hey sorry so late on reply....alot going on last few months...Yes ill take a look at your idea and we can go from there... I am currently umemployed due to position elimination....but Ill see what we can do....ps my employment was my connection to a mill tho may be able to work something out... Good luck Dave aka lonewolf feel free to send im...i get notifications

He sold this hull.

lonewolf
03-06-2015, 06:47 PM
My loss for the immediate time Im gonna have to call the custom shop closed but I still have the hardware listed in the beginning of this thread....Sorry builders I hope this changes soon!!!

lonewolf
10-02-2015, 11:46 AM
I am announcing that my shop has reopened and I am ready to take care of any special needs you may need for you RC vehicles...

lonewolf
02-14-2016, 03:07 PM
If anyone needs custom work email me at lonlywolf65@msn.com use from OSE need custom work in topic.. I am still building and doing custom work however I dont get on here as much... Thanks to all!!