PDA

View Full Version : Scalextric Slot track, which first set

tomstoys2
12-10-2012, 10:37 AM
My son has been wanting a 1/32 scale slot track for a few years not. I have been considering finally taking the plunge. Am I nuts? This stuff is exensive. The LHS has Scalextric and Carrera sets with tons of Scalextric cars. The scale look of the cars is what he really likes(OK maybe it's not just for him :biggrin:). I know Steven is into this scale and would love some advice for someone getting into it. Is Digital the way to go? We have tons of HO scale stuff that we take out a couple times a year and fill the living room for a few weeks, then pack it up. We don't have the room for a permanent track so this would be treated the same way.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

antslake
12-10-2012, 07:42 PM
I have over 100 1/32 cars and cases of ho's. I think digital will give you the most fun. I dont have it because it wasnt big when I first got into 1/32, but wish I had it now. I may convert to a slot.it oxygen afternarket digital.
The cool thing is being able to run more than 2 cars on a 2 lane track. SCX males good stuff. I would stay away from carrera. Carrera only like carrera track and cars. See if you could find a local track to try it out first.