PDA

View Full Version : Ultra modified SV 27 pics ...

hex-dj
06-12-2008, 01:48 AM
I am currently using an AMMO 2300Kv , octura x438, feather weight carbon gears servo, hallowed some aluminum parts to make it lighter ,sharpened 2 blades and fins,14 cells, 2000 Mah ,4/5 sub-c cells ,Novak 2700 mf Power capacitor in stock ESC. Boat GPS ed 55 MPH...Very ,very fast! Motor and ESC got slightly warm.I ve got pics too. I ve been running R/Cs for eight years now. I also have a Black Jack 26 modified too. Checkout the Black Jack 26 EP forums too.

hex-dj
06-12-2008, 02:25 AM
Full throtle ...

hex-dj
06-12-2008, 05:11 PM
Second pic.. HAHHAHA ..ooops all my boats are drag race ready thats why they excel in speed with cheap set ups... imagine something more expensive,but way too heavy... Hahaha...Videos coming soon.

hex-dj
06-12-2008, 05:19 PM
I also use rain X ,believe me it makes boats faster.

Jedi Master
06-12-2008, 05:22 PM
Looks awesome, get that video posted!!

Eyekandyboats
06-12-2008, 05:31 PM
I also use rain X ,believe me it makes boats faster.
sorry nope.
running the full size hi performance boats i know first hand "rain X" will not help.

hex-dj
06-12-2008, 05:41 PM
Realy well I ve tested it and no salt sticks to none of my boats ,because it works the same way it does on a windshield in any polished paint. Why you say it does not help? Can you please elaborate on that?

FeGateKeeper
06-12-2008, 07:06 PM
How exaclty is it helping you out? Are you using it as a protectant or for a performance gain?

hex-dj
06-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Both ,because I dont get any salt under the hull first and second it makes the hull repel water under the hull like it repels water in car paint or in a windshield crystal making any boat big or small faster, dont know how much speed it will add to boats exactly ,but I ve seen speed increse with my eyes and gps differences for example without it, my sv 27 looks slower and gps ed only 52.465 MPH when applied it GPS ed 55.0 MPH following the water stream both times when gps ed. I can imagine a Hydro or a Rigger with this kind of setup. I use many drag race principles even from full scale drag vehicles or boats. I will be getting the new Miss Elam brushless RTR when it becomes available. I will try the same setup Im using with both my SV 27 and BJ 26 EPs RTRs. I get very fast speeds from any setup on any R/C... Sometimes expensive doesnt mean faster,but sometimes setting up right takes a bit of time and testing.

Apples1
06-12-2008, 07:25 PM
These are my opinions and not fact, so feel free to correct me!

from what i hear... you need a slightly rought surface to trap a very fine layer of bubbles on the bottom of the hull, to break surface tention between the boat and the water, and a smooth polished surface is counter productive.

maybe if it was to be used on a non running surface it might help clean up, you say your running on salt water?, i would like to see the speed difference on fresh water, i'd be surprised if you came close with thoses speeds.

hex-dj
06-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Apples 1, Ask yourself this question... Why do we need to polish propellers? Is it to make them spin faster or just to look sharp and shiny? Same thing happens to paint when it is polished according to my experience.

hex-dj
06-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Take a look at a full scale race boat and look at the bottom of the hulls.

Apples1
06-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Having been in the F1 boating scene for a few years in a pit capacity, there is not a single race boat that has a shinny painted running surface on the Aussie Circuit.

I'm not sure about the rain x qualities but if you put Mr sheen on a RC boat it is slower than with out it.

What does everyone elses expierince show? what is the consensis, a poll would be nice.?

hex-dj
06-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Yes a poll will be nice. Well rain x may actualy add weight and repels all water,but scuffing as far as I understand makes a boat stick more to the water in my belief, I think a good engineering and paint class will help.

SJFE
06-12-2008, 08:00 PM
It's a fact that the smooth surface creates more drag by increased friction. It's also a fact that a 3mph difference on gps can be no gain what so ever. The gps reading is based on avarages not exact ground speed. The stop watch over a marked distance is the only true way to mark your speed.
These are not opinions. This is information givin to me by guy's who have forgot more about rc boating than I ever hope to know.

bonewar
06-12-2008, 10:42 PM
hex-dj right o mate lets see some pics of this ultra mod sv27. sounds so fast that it will hardly touch the water . i want a race:rockon2:

hex-dj
06-13-2008, 12:23 AM
Anytime Bonewar! Another detail is that on the SV 27 after I sharpened the blades I angled them to the back a couple of degrees . The strut was angled a couple of degrees after sharpening too.

Chop
06-13-2008, 10:33 AM
but scuffing as far as I understand makes a boat stick more to the water in my belief

My opinion…

Are you familiar with “window clings?” These are the paper thick, translucent, plastic decorations that are put on windows for holidays, birthdays etc. You get them slightly wet and place them on the window and they stick to the glass.

I believe that a smooth bottom makes the hull adhere to the water in the same fashion that a window cling sticks to the glass. Also, if you have ever tried to attach a suction cup to a rough surface you know that it does not stick well, if at all. Hence the reason for roughing up the bottom of a boat.

obrien
06-13-2008, 06:05 PM
I quess all of the guys who have set Kilo records in offshore racing don't have a clue what they are doing since none of them have polished running surfaces.

hex-dj
06-14-2008, 02:01 AM
Thing is that the smooth bottom also keeps the boat from getting any animals or leaves or anything else. The smooth paint protects it. READ ABOUT THE PAINTING PROCESS OF A BOAT > PLEASE SEARCH THE WEB. In my opinion having a scuffed hull is wrong,but whatever it will be another forum then. I will always have my boats with a smooth bottom no matter what. To protect them from little animals. And let me tell you the fastest fish on water has scales, and scales are something between rough and smooth. Thats the sailfish which is 220 lbs,but has a lot of muscle.A shark may be fast ,but not fast enough...

hex-dj
06-14-2008, 02:13 AM
Add water to any papper and it will stick to anywhere rough or smooth surface. I dont know ,but I think everyone ,even some record holders have to do a little research from many different sources in books or in the web to get to your own conclusions... As far as i know real record holders use Riggers painted all over. No scuffed bottom? I dont know I guess ill have to see one myself. Also about suction cups,they stick better if you add water because water serves as glue to anything you add it to.

hex-dj
06-14-2008, 02:32 AM
Why some fish are slimmy and others arent?

hex-dj
06-14-2008, 03:12 AM
A shark s skin is very rough though they are slower than Marlins or Sailfish...

Apples1
06-14-2008, 03:42 AM
Hex, all those posts..... who are you talking to? voices in you head? :bounce:

Well the consensis is that EVERY RC and full scale boater must not have a clue with all those rough surfaces, huh?

Anyway this is off topic, if you want we can start a new "polished or rough running surface thread"

ozboater
06-14-2008, 12:54 PM
agreed apples... god... this is a little disturbing... :flashfire:

hex-dj
06-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Right ozboater.

SJFE
06-14-2008, 01:49 PM
,even some record holders have to do a little research from many different sources in books or in the web to get to your own conclusions

The record holders have done the research. It's not done in a books & in some part it is on the web but 99% of it's on the water and in the work shop with lungs full of dust and eyes full of sweat. Practicle application is how 99% of us come to our conclusions..Oh and records. Book's are fine for earning grades but you can wipe your ass on them when it comes to earning record's and fast reliable setups. That's my 2 cents here & I'm done.

hex-dj
06-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Ok SJFE you are right and by the way I just finised scuffing a little the bottoms of both my SV 27 and BJ 26. I ll see how everything comes out tomorrow and hoping the weather is ok,because lately it has been rainy. Thanks for the advice to all...Sorry if I argued ,but I think I ve learned something, oh and steven I sent you a Money order for my latest order.THX!

SweetAccord
06-18-2008, 12:24 AM
55 MPH...

It's in your and everyone's best interest here to share their setups and it "sounds" nice. BUT, back statements of speed with evidence or anyone can say anything like "My SV27 is Ultra-Ultra modified and running running 60 MPH." Lets see a GPS, properly placed, with a pic of it coming in with the GPS showing @55 MPH.

Perception of speed means nothing when everyone’s perception is very different so lets see the GPS.

Peace~

Jeff Wohlt
06-20-2008, 10:46 AM
Plenty of proof out there that show a slick shiney hullls is slower. Wet sanded with 600 is the best. Props are polished for looks and to get a better price.

SweetAccord
06-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Plenty of proof out there that show a slick shiney hullls is slower. Wet sanded with 600 is the best. Props are polished for looks and to get a better price.

:laugh:

phase
06-22-2008, 05:37 PM
when i painted my boat i only sprayed clear coat on the top.. not bottome.. the bottom is much more rough than the top.. i have also had a boat that was all clrea coated.. it seemed to have a lack of speed and performance.. i think that a rough hull is better imo.

hex-dj
06-22-2008, 07:46 PM
I sanded my sv s bottom sometime ago. It is true that a sanded bottom performs much better. I ve done almost the same mods to both my SV 27 and BJ 26.

Mich. Maniac
06-22-2008, 08:15 PM
I sanded my sv s bottom sometime ago. It is true that a sanded bottom performs much better. I ve done almost the same mods to both my SV 27 and BJ 26.

Yet at the beginning of this thread you argue and argue slick and smooth is faster??? What facts do you yourself have to state one way or the other? GPS?? Video?? You say in one post you used a gps GUN for speeds? Ive never heard of gps gun. Perhaps it was a infrared heat gun and the water temp was 64 degrees. These contradicting statements should honestly stop and let the truth come out. Im glad you are here on the forum and into these boats but you may discourage some coming in by stating things that are not true and they may NEVER see those speeds with the same exact equipment you are running. Even if you are obtaining these speeds with this equipment it is not safe and dependable in mostly everyones opinion. Thanks for letting vent and hope you take it from here!

RCprince
06-22-2008, 08:24 PM
I think Hex is about 13 to 16 years of age and he's just having a sweet ole' time messing with most of us...

chirotray
06-22-2008, 09:22 PM
"I have a Pro Stock R/C car which I have taken to 107.37 MPH YES MILES PER HOUR with a Novak 5.5R setup and an Evader with a super hard transmission in 32 pitch with special tranny from Duratraxx and Traxxas ,using paddle tires ,special lightweight high torque servo hollowed some parts, added wheelie bars and read carefuly my Evader features a NOVAK 550 5.5 PRO brushless motor a GTB ESC running on eight special NiCD cells that weight as much as LiPos from Sanyo the famous SANYO 1300 Mah green cells." hex-dj
Im really suprised you guys left this one alone.........................

phase
06-22-2008, 09:33 PM
and what does that have to do with this thread?

z400
06-22-2008, 09:34 PM
oh my..

some thread goin on here guys

chirotray
06-22-2008, 09:41 PM
Just thought it fit in pretty good to the general theme here. Sorry to twist on your panties.

chirotray
06-22-2008, 10:01 PM
You did notice that what i wrote was a quote from a certain repeat offender didnt you??? Perhaps i didnt do the quotation process correctly.

Simon.O.
06-23-2008, 03:58 AM
Nah, you did o.k on that one mate.
This topic is one I come back to each evening for a f....in good laugh.
The whole idea of feather weight this and carbonite that plus "hallowed"( read: reduced strength ) is all bollocks.
Moving, modding and reducing stickers just costs me a new set of undies each time I read it.
GPS readings are good, but not fool proof or formidably accurate. They give an idea of changes in setup.
A very well know FE boater once said that the true speed of a boat is measured over a 300ft pass......twice !!

I really hope this thread continues as it is a fantastic read. Fantasy is the operative term here.

btw. I can not comment on the reference to the car as I know bugger all about RC cars other than I have seen a few that are dead set fast !!

hex-dj
06-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Hello! Well everyone take a look at the OSE chart and tell me if theres anything wrong about it...by the way all the charts in here (OSE) point to the same results after I input the info of my gear... OSE SV 27 EP MPH pic. of what I am supposed to be doing with the gear I have. LOL ,Can anyone please elaborate as to why a GPS, the charts here or a radar gun could be wrong? I know nothings perfect or 100% accurate. I am starting to think that I shouldnt let my self guide from any of those right? The results in the pic read 51 MPH. LOL

chirotray
06-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Nah, you did o.k on that one mate.
This topic is one I come back to each evening for a f....in good laugh.
The whole idea of feather weight this and carbonite that plus "hallowed"( read: reduced strength ) is all bollocks.
Moving, modding and reducing stickers just costs me a new set of undies each time I read it.
GPS readings are good, but not fool proof or formidably accurate. They give an idea of changes in setup.
A very well know FE boater once said that the true speed of a boat is measured over a 300ft pass......twice !!

I really hope this thread continues as it is a fantastic read. Fantasy is the operative term here.

btw. I can not comment on the reference to the car as I know bugger all about RC cars other than I have seen a few that are dead set fast !!

...............were on the same page, i laughed so hard i almost peed myself.......

hex-dj
06-23-2008, 04:38 PM
Whatever !LOL...Thanks to all though...LOL!LOL!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAHAHAAHA!!!

hex-dj
06-23-2008, 08:58 PM
More pics!

z400
06-23-2008, 11:08 PM
god the inside of that boat looks horrible..

you know your losing a couple MPH with all that crud inside there right?!

chirotray
06-23-2008, 11:10 PM
But thats modded crud. Its more better.

RCprince
06-23-2008, 11:11 PM
Medusa's head...But for real i like this dude hex..I can always count on him for a chuckle.

Mich. Maniac
06-23-2008, 11:13 PM
But thats modded crud. Its more better.

UH, I believe thats "betterer" yeah thats betterer

chirotray
06-23-2008, 11:16 PM
UH, I believe thats "betterer" yeah thats betterer

I believe you are correct sir. Good show!

TRUNKMUNKY
06-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Heck,my sv does 65mph when I take it to the lake.sometimes it goes faster if no cops are around to stop me!!:crying:

chirotray
06-23-2008, 11:39 PM
Man, 65, you must not have any stickers at all!

z400
06-24-2008, 12:12 AM
lmao wow

hex-dj
06-24-2008, 12:29 AM
Some comments sure sound retarded like the current of some batteries... I opened the batteries then I had to add the electrical tape after removing the shrink wrap ,cuz I can weld them myself and I also have the voltage meter to measure voltage ... The batteries can perform like any of the other brands, did anyone know the maker of the cells that I use was SANYO.Only these were modified by Electrifly and me then. Those cells are all SANYO not a copy they are SANYO 4/5 sub-c cells ...only Electricfly does some mods and sells them as theirs like almost all other companies do..SANYO first then GP ,duratrax or tower hobbies or something then after they ve moded them. These brands sell batteries as theirs when they are all SANYOS,SANYO invented rechargeable batteries.

RCprince
06-24-2008, 12:43 AM
Hex, your anxiousness and zeal may have set you up for most of the critique. Most of these guys have been doing RC boating for years and know what to and what not to expect from the marriage of certain components. Neither can you sell them a cat in a bag, pull the blanket over their heads or give them a 6 for a 9. As I read and respond to most of your threads if you noticed many of the serious experts haven't weight in on the convo, because at some point it becomes moot.

Never the less you've convinced yourself of the results from your endeavors and like the old saying goes " a man convinced against his opinion, is of the same opinion in the end."

chirotray
06-24-2008, 12:54 AM
Hex, in all fairness, have you ever actually seen one of these boats set up properly and with lipos run? I mean in real life, not videos. And seriously, please answer this, do you or do you not have a gps or a radar gun? And if you do, just post some evidence and nobody will argue with your SANYO batteries.

SweetAccord
06-24-2008, 01:16 AM
Hello! Well everyone take a look at the OSE chart and tell me if theres anything wrong about it...by the way all the charts in here (OSE) point to the same results after I input the info of my gear... OSE SV 27 EP MPH pic. of what I am supposed to be doing with the gear I have. LOL ,Can anyone please elaborate as to why a GPS, the charts here or a radar gun could be wrong? I know nothings perfect or 100% accurate. I am starting to think that I shouldnt let my self guide from any of those right? The results in the pic read 51 MPH. LOL

Why is everyone still questioning this anymore?? Stop!, he stated "The results in the PIC read 51 MPH." I'm done, that proves everythig. I'm gunna go plug some numbers into the FE Calc too to make my SV27 go 80 MPH!

~Peace.

hex-dj
06-24-2008, 01:23 AM
I am sending money to buy the Bushnell radar gun which has a limit of 110 MPH. Anyone has tried these in boats?

hex-dj
06-24-2008, 03:26 AM
OK I ve just removed the crud from the boat. I think Im ready for a Sunday video and test .Chiro get some more experinece and read my darn posts for God s sake... Is your boat brown as I know Chiro means brown in Japanese? Thanks and peace to all.

Tunda
06-24-2008, 04:41 AM
Awsome set up i like the black tape and zip ties the best you should get more speed if you blacktape the bottom of the hull...................

Ub Hauled
06-24-2008, 05:20 AM
Hex, take some time to search around and see some setups that the pro's are doing,
I am sure you can find several people that have posted here (or elsewhere) so you have an idea of how a clean setup should look like... it'll help you to have things organized inside a hull or at least you'll feel good when you look at it.

SweetAccord
06-24-2008, 04:00 PM
This is Ultra Modified:

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=3591

~Peace

chirotray
06-25-2008, 12:36 AM
Ok Hex, let me respond to a couple of things, then ill make an official statement. 1. you told me to get more experience.....ok, well im sitting on 17 years of rc. For the last five years ive worked for hobby shops, currently i work part time for one of the largest private hobby shops in the world. 2. to answer your question on "chiro" , it comes from a greek word meaning basically to use your hands. I use it in my name because I am a chiropractic intern. 3. you keep mentioning my imaginary boat, if you will read through the thread, i never one time mentioned my boat until you asked about it, and then i made no claims whatsoever about it, and up front said that it was bone stock with lipos and a scuffed hull, yet you still demand pics. I tried to upload, but was unable to, so this weekend my friend is going to meet me with his supervee, and we will race and video tape it and put it on youtube for you.
Finally what I want to say to you is that there are a lot of really knowledgable people on here, I bet that if you add it up there are several hundred years of combined experience, and you make big claims, dont back it up, then argue with them on suggestions. That is the source of you being picked on. I will stop picking on you because honestly im starting to feel a little bad about it, thats not how I usually am. But I will say that I am going to post a video just because you asked me to. So now Im asking you to do the same thing before you make any more claims to big speeds.

Apples1
06-25-2008, 03:00 AM
Well Said!!!!

hex-dj
06-25-2008, 03:02 AM
Well Said!!!!
Hey apples 1 ,hows it going? Noticed I am a Senior Member here already

chirotray
06-25-2008, 03:08 AM
Hex, did you read what i wrote to you?

hex-dj
06-25-2008, 03:11 AM
Yes I did ,awesome paragraph man... Iam happy ,because I am a Senior member here already.

chirotray
06-25-2008, 03:12 AM
Ok, well i hope that it made sense to you.

chirotray
06-25-2008, 03:16 AM
I dont guess i understand what that has to do with anything? Or my "paragraph". Either way, I was serious about that video, Im gonna be pissed if i go through all the trouble of posting one, and you dont return the favor.

hex-dj
06-25-2008, 10:33 AM
Soon I will post one,you ll see Chiro.

Apples1
06-26-2008, 12:34 AM
I can

Apples1
06-26-2008, 12:35 AM
Make Senior

Apples1
06-26-2008, 12:35 AM
member like you by

Apples1
06-26-2008, 12:38 AM
Posting 3 word posts too...This is getting stupid..... arent we talking about Rc boats here or what...stay to the topic man, when someone asks you a question, it is comon courtesey to resond.

chirotray
06-26-2008, 12:45 AM
Hey Apples, if i post my little video before hex, dont you think he should have to pay me or something!

Apples1
06-26-2008, 12:49 AM
Hell yeah, put up or shut up i reckon... i'll start the bidding at $20

chirotray
06-26-2008, 12:54 AM
I talked to my friend with the sv today, and we are going to video a race between his boat and mine on the same nimh's, then i will switch to lipo to show what a huge difference it makes. Maybe that would be a useful video to people who dont have much experience with batteries. I hate to just be filming a boat because of a forum argument...........a dumb one at that. Were scheduled for friday or sunday depending on weather and work.

hex-dj
06-26-2008, 01:12 AM
I talked to my friend with the sv today, and we are going to video a race between his boat and mine on the same nimh's, then i will switch to lipo to show what a huge difference it makes. Maybe that would be a useful video to people who dont have much experience with batteries. I hate to just be filming a boat because of a forum argument...........a dumb one at that. Were scheduled for friday or sunday depending on weather and work.
I dont use regular 15 or 16+ ounce NiMHs. I know they make a difference when you switch to lightweight Lipos and in case you dont know it Chiro some Lipos can weight as much if not more than my NiMHs and my SANYOs 1300 mah 2/3 Sub-C NiCD non memory effect new cells. Do research about all kinds of batteries like I ve done ,I ve dedicated more than 100+++++ hrs. of research concerning R/C batteries, Chiro I always study everything about this ,I dont talk because I want to. Peace!

chirotray
06-26-2008, 01:16 AM
Show me a nimh cell that can rival the weight and amperage capabilities of lipo and ill switch back. Heck, i bet the entire industry would switch back too! By the way, when i was talking about my video for people who dont have much experience, i wasnt talking about you. But since you want to argue.........

hex-dj
06-26-2008, 01:28 AM
My NiMHs cost $ 23.00 the most and Lipo s ...What $100+...Anyway its at your discretion... I am also willing to buy LiPOs...Not yet.Not yet.

hex-dj
06-26-2008, 01:30 AM
Read about the weights of batteries when you click on them in web site stores Chirooo...Oh and I dont want you to switch back...I am only writting about my point.

chirotray
06-26-2008, 01:34 AM
Look man, i never said lipos were the cheapest. But i bet if you add up the number of your packs it would take to equal the run time of my 5000's lipos, i bet you'd be over a hundred bucks worth. If you want to look at it like that. Not to mention the speed difference.

hex-dj
06-26-2008, 01:43 AM
Since I drag race I dont care much about run times. I care more for voltages. To add at least 5 MPH to any R/C you need twice the amount of mahs for example ..say you have a 4000 mah battery ...in order to add at least 5MPH more to any R/C you will need double that amount. You need 8000 Mah just to add five more miles per hour so to me mah doesnt count much and its why I look more for Volts than anything else..though good run time is also appreciated Chiro.Oh and not to say that a 4000 mah batt. is twice lighter than any 8000 mah out there. Voltage can add at least 10+ MPH per NiMH cell... Thats why LiPOs only come in 2 cells three, four or six,because their voltage amount per cell is more than any NiCD or NiMH.They are around 3.7 v a cell ,while NiMHs are 1.25 sometimes more than 1.25 each cell.It also depends on your ESC too. A LiPO may add more than 10+MPH per cell,but who s going to have a 12 cell LiPO batt. unless you want your R/C to do close to 200 MPH.

chirotray
06-26-2008, 01:53 AM
Hex, do some more research on that...mah refers to basically your "fuel tank capacity", doesnt have much to do with rpm, other than a higher mah nimh battery will hold its surface charge a little longer than a smaller capacity battery. Volts are good, and you need amps to carry those volts. Youll probably notice that your boat is very fast for the first say minute or less of your run, then it starts fading. Nimh batteries voltage is really high at first, then you load it and it fades fast. Lipos, however, store power in a really narrow voltage range (basically 3.7-4.2/cell unloaded) so you get the feel of that "surface charge" through your entire run, without a fade.

hex-dj
06-26-2008, 02:00 AM
I understand what you mean. Thing is that I am been cheap for now, I am only waiting for the prices to go down as they always do. I want a charger with everything ,balancer the LiPo sack and everything else for cheap as I am not rich. Every ESC I own is capable of handling LiPOs even DSM Spectrum ready.

TRUNKMUNKY
06-26-2008, 03:43 AM
Gps....

bonewar
06-26-2008, 04:36 AM
i want to know, lets see who here on the forum really thinks this messy little sv27 would do 55mph:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

rocket-ron
06-26-2008, 08:01 AM
My popcorn is getting stale,and my rootbeer is going flat!:bounce: Where's the video's? Ron

SweetAccord
06-26-2008, 12:51 PM
A video and GPS are not needed as it was proven that it can do the speed:

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5851&d=1214235552

*cough *cough

Ub Hauled
06-26-2008, 12:55 PM
Hahahhaha, yeah right...
:D

Ctonez
06-26-2008, 02:55 PM
i want to know, lets see who here on the forum really thinks this messy little sv27 would do 55mph:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

...only if towed behind my Pmono.
He's got to be a kid...go easy on him.

Bench racing doesn't matter...Hex, any time you make it to The Pacific NorthWest, send me a PM, I'd love to race...we can video it and everything!
The only way I am gonna believe anyone's SV is faster than mine is video proof or racing head-to-head. I'm sure many of you feel that way.

That being said, I know what an SV is like @ 50+, and Hex's setup would be on it's lid in a jiffy @ 50+. Haven't read much at all about the handling @ 55...?

That SV w/ a 9XL on 5S on youtube looks pretty fast...

hex-dj
06-26-2008, 06:28 PM
HAhaha! CTonez... Soon I will be the owner of a Bushnell Radar gun 0-200 MPH range. I will show it to you all here,just wait until it arrives ,because I will be sending the MO to them on Monday...HAHAHAHA ...To me GPS units are sucky for measuring real speed in MPHs,by the way my friend with a GPS that I mentioned at the begining is on vac to London.Why I dislike GPS units?Simple answer,because they add 5oz. of weight to any R/C.We ll see whos SV or BJ 26 is running the best. I should start asking everyone here to post videos of their own boats with MPH results in GPS or Radar guns.After I get my Radar gun of course. Even to those guys with the NEUs .Check with you all later.

TRUNKMUNKY
06-26-2008, 06:41 PM
I will...

TRUNKMUNKY
06-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Post a ...

TRUNKMUNKY
06-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Video too..

TRUNKMUNKY
06-26-2008, 06:46 PM
With gps..12xl on 6s..garmin 201 ...saturday.

Mich. Maniac
06-26-2008, 10:12 PM
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=2352

TRUNKMUNKY
06-26-2008, 11:29 PM
Me too.:bounce:

NTM
06-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Since I drag race I dont care much about run times. I care more for voltages. To add at least 5 MPH to any R/C you need twice the amount of mahs for example ..say you have a 4000 mah battery ...in order to add at least 5MPH more to any R/C you will need double that amount. You need 8000 Mah just to add five more miles per hour so to me mah doesnt count much and its why I look more for Volts than anything else..though good run time is also appreciated Chiro.Oh and not to say that a 4000 mah batt. is twice lighter than any 8000 mah out there. Voltage can add at least 10+ MPH per NiMH cell... Thats why LiPOs only come in 2 cells three, four or six,because their voltage amount per cell is more than any NiCD or NiMH.They are around 3.7 v a cell ,while NiMHs are 1.25 sometimes more than 1.25 each cell.It also depends on your ESC too. A LiPO may add more than 10+MPH per cell,but who s going to have a 12 cell LiPO batt. unless you want your R/C to do close to 200 MPH.

I actually feel dumber having read that :help:

My 10s boats don't break 90mph :confused2:

hex-dj
06-27-2008, 01:18 PM
NTM I write based on my personal knowledge and experience ,may vary from person to person though.

NTM
06-27-2008, 05:21 PM
NTM I write based on my personal knowledge and experience ,may vary from person to person though.

Your personal knowledge and experience seems to be very limited.

It's good to be enthusiastic, but your kind of spreading disinformation. Imagine the poor beginner that drags up your posts through a search later on and takes your statements at face value.
If I were you, I'd be asking more questions and doing more reading before making the clearly false statements you've been making.

hex-dj
06-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Here we go again...Im sorry ,BUT...NTM...Who the heck are you to write that?Do you know me? I started running R/Cs in the 80s ... Got into the real thing in 2002 until today. I have R/C s for drag racing in asphalt ,dirt, a Mini hi-performance helicopter from Hirobo and my two boats, Aquacraft and Pro-Boat. I ve ran HPIs for Oval racing in asphalt (HPI Sprint) 18 cell car project that went not so good and to add to that Nitro Monster trucks and buggies ex.CEN Fun Factor 2 and Kyosho Inferno.Recently I ve had some interest in drifting and rock crawling.What are you calling false? You sound grumpy and all. I am not a newbie to boats anymore and at first I owned air cooled hi performance R/C boats and the Vee from Tower Hobbies. In the 80s I ran the Nikko Lobos 1,2 and 3 ,plus some other monster trucks from Nikko ex. the twin motored "Hercules"the infamous "Apache Buggy " from Radio Shack which was very impresive back then for a $90.00 price tag ...a host of other R/C s which I cannot recall right now. Tell me about your experince now. If you dont like it then why the heck you come to this thread? ...Gosh ...some people. Tell me what is false? I am sending money to buy a radar gun next week to be the most accurate with R/C speeds in MPH. I d let you know. Anyways keep posting to me so I can soon have a higher rank here,thanks.Bwahahaha!...

H&MWill
06-27-2008, 07:04 PM
Hex I am pretty sure this is what NTM means. You obviously have no idea what your talking about in this complete ramble.

hex-dj
06-27-2008, 07:05 PM
Realy H&M!Hahahaha!

Diegoboy
06-27-2008, 07:09 PM
Hahahahaha!

H&MWill
06-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Realy H&M!Hahahaha!

Yes. I like talking to everyone on here including you but I think sometimes you need to listen to the guys who have been doing this for years and know what fast is. Just my opinion on the matter. :glare:

hex-dj
06-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Hello Diegoboy! You know what Diego?I was watching one of your vids on Youtube. Nice boat! Oh H&M I must not forget that Iam myself and not everyone else. I try to self teach myself most of the time ,because I think it is much better sometimes.

H&MWill
06-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Realy H&M!Hahahaha!

So you admit you have no idea what your talking about in that post?

hex-dj
06-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Yeah well ,but it was only an example as to why I look more for votage than Mahs. Maybe you have to read the posts before so you can have a better IDEA H&M.

Diegoboy
06-27-2008, 07:52 PM
I'm working on a nice little mono. SJFE saw her & called it an "SV killer" A few more holes drilled then she's off to paint!

hex-dj
06-27-2008, 07:57 PM
I will like to see it when you have it ready Diegoboy!You know what? After all ...thats what Im planning on doing. I want to get a separate deep vee hull, with nice looking hardware , a very powerful motor and esc, maybe I could have some SV 27 decals and call it an SV 27 PRO EP.

Diegoboy
06-27-2008, 07:59 PM
I can't wait to debut her here. I hope the air brush artist can create the scheme I want.

H&MWill
06-27-2008, 09:16 PM
Yeah well ,but it was only an example as to why I look more for votage than Mahs. Maybe you have to read the posts before so you can have a better IDEA H&M.

I can say I have had the unpleasant experience of reading all of your posts. What you stated you stated as a fact. I just want a VIDEO is it that hard to understand? :confused2:

chirotray
06-27-2008, 10:35 PM
This thread is like one of those trick birthday candles, everytime it gets blown out, it just flames up again, and again, and again............

ChaKane
06-28-2008, 12:23 AM
hehehe You hit the nail on the head there chirotray :)

hex-dj
06-28-2008, 01:32 AM
LOL at H&M.

hex-dj
06-28-2008, 01:37 AM
I can say I have had the unpleasant experience of reading all of your posts. What you stated you stated as a fact. I just want a VIDEO is it that hard to understand? :confused2:
LOL :w00t:

chirotray
06-28-2008, 01:51 AM
Hex, people keep saying youre a kid, How old are you??

hex-dj
06-28-2008, 03:32 AM
Oh Chiro! I am .....old enough to KID around ,hahahaha!

TRUNKMUNKY
06-28-2008, 04:42 AM
O.K., even though this boat gps'es at 48 on a perfect day .I will go ahead and post the gps for this crappy run because I said I would To windy,and too many turtles Lots of fun though and good experience, .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hm2fYwPPWg

hex-dj
06-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Ok . Cool! TRUNKMUNKY. Soon I will post mines after my radar gun arrives of course.

chirotray
06-29-2008, 02:23 AM
Oh Chiro! I am .....old enough to KID around ,hahahaha!

Hex, C'mon dude for real?

TRUNKMUNKY
06-29-2008, 02:38 AM
Ok . Cool! TRUNKMUNKY. Soon I will post mines after my radar gun arrives of course.

I'd like to see that radar gun working...might even pick one up myself .

TRUNKMUNKY
06-29-2008, 03:25 AM
Super flipper at 44mph, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf-hhyeCOws

SouthOzSV27
08-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Im a surfer and have shaped my own surfboards for years.
Here is my opinion on bottom surfaces.

Gloss=slow (buffed fibre glass high shine)

Wet rubbed=fast (400 to 600 grit sanded fibre glass)

Friction free finish=fastest (this is done by spraying a clear coat of car acrylic through a spray gun mixed with talcum powder with a very dry finish (minimal thinners) The acrylic dries as soon as it his the surface. Leaving it with a feel similar to a sharks skin.

kck741
08-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Man I just read this whole thread and all I have to say is WTF MATE HAHahahahahhahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

hex-dj
08-15-2008, 05:36 PM
That issue was addressed a looooong ti me ago.kck741 and SouthOzSV27. I know that what you say is true. I scuffed my bottoms a looong time ago. Suffed=faster. Looks like you guys are catching up with the forums.Thanks for looking though. :-)

RCminded
09-07-2008, 01:09 AM
Ever get a video posted hex? hows that radar gun working?

Jimmy Sterling
09-07-2008, 02:21 AM

Huh, :confused2:

ChaKane
09-07-2008, 04:09 AM
Let it go people...let it go

Simon.O.
09-07-2008, 04:20 AM
Huh, :confused2:

O.k so this one has come to the surface again.
This time I can not let it go so here is my take on it all.

Since I drag race I dont care much about run times. I care more for voltages.
Fair enough, so far
To add at least 5 MPH to any R/C you need twice the amount of mahs for example .
Adding capacity to increase speed, that’s a new one to me.
.say you have a 4000 mah battery ...in order to add at least 5MPH more to any R/C you will need double that amount. You need 8000 Mah just to add five more miles per hour
Lets run with this more capacity=more speed thing just for now. Your maths is o.k here.
so to me mah doesnt count much and its why I look more for Volts than anything else.
So mAh does not count for much now??? 5mph increase would be nice
.though good run time is also appreciated
Run time is increased by capacity.
Voltage can add at least 10+ MPH per NiMH cell...
This one is a bit vague here. If you suggest that another cell (NiMH) will give you an extra 10mph then I have some news for you.
Thats why LiPOs only come in 2 cells three, four or six, because their voltage amount per cell is more than any NiCD or NiMH.They are around 3.7 v a cell ,
Have you not seen single Lipo cells for sale.
NiMHs are 1.25 sometimes more than 1.25 each cell.
No big argument here.
It also depends on your ESC too. A LiPO may add more than 10+MPH per cell,
Which is it going to be. Lipo=10mph increase or NiMH=10mph increase, per cell.
but who s going to have a 12 cell LiPO batt. unless you want your R/C to do close to 200 MPH.
I would buy 12cells tomorrow if it meant that I could go 200mph. Just don’t let Joerg know this so I can surprise him.

RYDEFAB
09-07-2008, 07:37 AM
"I have a Pro Stock R/C car which I have taken to 107.37 MPH YES MILES PER HOUR with a Novak 5.5R setup and an Evader with a super hard transmission in 32 pitch with special tranny from Duratraxx and Traxxas ,using paddle tires ,special lightweight high torque servo hollowed some parts, added wheelie bars and read carefuly my Evader features a NOVAK 550 5.5 PRO brushless motor a GTB ESC running on eight special NiCD cells that weight as much as LiPos from Sanyo the famous SANYO 1300 Mah green cells." hex-dj
Im really suprised you guys left this one alone.........................

novak GTB's can only run 6 cell Nimh/Nicd or 2s lipos max.

i have a couple of electric drag cars i race and even on 3s lipos i've only hit 1.7's at 75 mph. mamba max esc with a 5700 brushless motor in a direct drive dragster. i can hardly keep the car on the road. everytime i run it it's a 50/50 chance i can make a good run. i know there's guys that have hit the 1.3's and i can only imagine how fast that is. a duratrax evader........................107.37 mph?? sorry, kinda hard to believe, especially on 8 nicd cells. how about some pics of the pro stock car?

RYDEFAB
09-07-2008, 07:53 AM

i've done some test and tuning to my 2.5 index electric drag car and i've run with both 2s and 3s lipos. both are 2200 mah's. i got runs with a 27 turn brushed motor (trinity CO27) on 2s lipo's of 3.5's. when i switched to 3s lipos i've run time's within 2.5 to 2.7's. mah's don't give you more mph in dragracing.......voltage does. and besides, a 8000 Mah lipo weighs a ton. more than a 4600 mah 6cell Nimh pack.

Boatman
09-09-2008, 12:46 AM
Man, 65, you must not have any stickers at all!

Holy crap, this thread is insane! I had, just HAD to read all what, 7 pages.

I got somethin I dont think this dude could beat... aww nevermind.. I think he beats it alllll day!

SouthOzSV27
09-16-2008, 07:54 AM
Wake boards, snowboards and surfboards all have mat finishes on them.
In my experiance with surfing wet rubbed fibre glass is much quicker then fibre glass that has a highly buffed finish.

If your worried about protecting the hull.. or fibre glass do what surfboard makers do and mix talcum powder with acrylic clear and spray the hull (dry spray- so it dries instantly). This what they call a friction free finish.
Ive done it to my boat and flies. It feels like scales.