PDA

View Full Version : bought me a plane

Doozie870
06-10-2008, 11:15 PM
Well to make a long story short, hooked with a couple of fellow rc guys at the LHS who were flying planes. They came out to watch me, I went out to watch them. The outcome.. they bought boats (real cool) and I bought a rtr plane lol. You never know when you can meet people in your area.

P.S. I can haul ass on the simulator

andym
06-11-2008, 07:47 AM
Mate I have a moded delta wing 4s brushless plane and yes it does over 120mph but is nowhere near as much fun as a 55mph mono on the edge or a 60+ mph rigger, I don't know why it is it just is. Good luck , flying is easy landing is expensive !

Xzessperated
06-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Mate I have a moded delta wing 4s brushless plane and yes it does over 120mph but is nowhere near as much fun as a 55mph mono on the edge or a 60+ mph rigger, I don't know why it is it just is. Good luck , flying is easy landing is expensive !

Andy you do have many secrets :spy:<----Andy.
I did not know you could fly. I used to fly a powered glider and a Das Ugly Stick. There is a guy on one of the forums that has on his signature "In the war between the ground and planes the ground has won every battle". Dont quote me word for word but I always get a smile every time I read it. I sure used some Zap before I learned to fly and land. I have to agree that boats are more exciting to watch and drive.
Doozie870 you will get a lot of fun from flying. It is great you could convert a couple of fly guys to FE model boats. I hope you told them the url of OSE so they can get some good reading and buy some great products.

andym
06-12-2008, 06:45 AM
As you know mister Paddy I am a sneaky, sneaky Bastard!! Now before everyone who is not an Aussie gets upset over here Bastard is a term of endearment as I might just be talking to my father! Who knows I don't!!We are a bit funny like that , go figure? I do very much agree that boats are more fun. Oh the stress of landing. Where is the wind coming from? Is anyone watching?, Why does the ground come up so fast? and last but not least can foam safe CA repair all that damage? My best was losing the radio in a top speed inverted dive . Very messy!!

Xzessperated
06-12-2008, 07:36 AM
As you know mister Paddy I am a sneaky, sneaky Bastard!! Now before everyone who is not an Aussie gets upset over here Bastard is a term of endearment as I might just be talking to my father! Who knows I don't!!We are a bit funny like that , go figure? I do very much agree that boats are more fun. Oh the stress of landing. Where is the wind coming from? Is anyone watching?, Why does the ground come up so fast? and last but not least can foam safe CA repair all that damage? My best was losing the radio in a top speed inverted dive . Very messy!!

Andy, Andy, Andy, not as messy as when my Xzess 2 hit my leg. Carbon fiber booms shattered, fiberglass sponson all over the bottom of the lake and my leg ring barked. Blood and skin everywhere. Geez it was good. A true boating battle scar on my leg now. The good part was it did miss my daughter who was getting the speed of the boat with the radar gun. I asked her what speed it was doing when it hit my leg and all she could do was scream about the blood coming from my leg. Women!!!
BTW. The props from OSE arrived today (thanks Steven). 7 days from Steven to me is good service. I will test that prop you told me to get for the NS 3 tomorrow I hope Andy.

:focus: Seems you are better at boating than landing a plane Andy. Get a glider mate. You can walk beside them as they land.

andym
06-12-2008, 07:42 AM
Paddy answer that email and lets get that mono of yours loosened up.