PDA

View Full Version : MC or Blackjack 29

Troynel
11-26-2012, 11:13 PM
If prices where the same which boat would you get?

tlandauer
11-27-2012, 01:30 AM
As people have answered you in your other post, the BJ is not really a 6s boat, and regardless of which boat you choose you might want to switch to bullet plugs. The bullet plugs are more convenient and more efficient . They do need soldering and at first it seems a daunting task, but in my opinion it is one skill one needs to acquire, it becomes very useful in no time.
As far as the choice, I have the MissGeico V1 with Kintec offset mod. It took a while for me to dial in the boat. I bought a MC and upon opening the box I realized how delicate the hull is. This was opposite to the thought I had when I first lay my hands on a Miss Geico. There was a floatation which has come loose in the MC and I can hear it knocking about inside a sponson. My thoughts were that "there is no way I am going to maiden her w/o adding 'Two-part Expandable Foam' in the sponson." I did two builds of my own in the mean time and didn't have time, so the boat waits in the box...
On the other hand, from what I read, the MC is less fussy with tuning and dialing.
Either way I think you will enjoy this wonderful hobby, different boat will give different learning curves but the knowledge you gain will be useful later.
Just my $.02
p.s., if you go with the MC, be sure to get an up graded flex cable here from OSE, preferable already for your maiden run.
I know I did not answer your original question, if price being equal... Let me put it this way: from all the reading I have done and first hand experience on MissGeico, you probable have to spend a little extra on that flex cable for the MC. That being said, I upgraded my MissGeico cable here as well.
:beerchug:

Troynel
11-27-2012, 02:36 AM
Thx. Just bought the MG. It was my first choice a few days ago and I think you swayed me even if you weren't trying to.

MAMBA2200
11-27-2012, 09:12 AM
good choice your gonna love it

tlandauer
11-27-2012, 04:30 PM
good choice your gonna love it
Ditto, congrats and enjoy!