PDA

View Full Version : Brushless outboard motor?

Andris Golts
11-23-2012, 12:06 AM
Hi all . When operating b/l outboards and being exposed to spraying and dunking them in water. Would this reduce their operational life span as opposed to an inboard instalation ? All my boating is in fresh water and after a day of boating i give a shot of compressed air through the motor holes and a drop of oil on each bearing. Are there any web forums specific to electric outboards.? Regards Andris Golts.

Ryanrc
11-23-2012, 01:56 AM
Hi Andris, sorry I can't answer your question as I am wondering about the exact same thing. Quick question, are you running a bl outboard on a mono hull? If so, what is the correct height to mount the motor? Regards, Ryan

stifflkd
11-23-2012, 09:34 AM
You may want to separate the motor and spray it down with Corrosion X or Boeshield T9. At a minimum keep the bearings oiled.

Doby
11-23-2012, 09:35 AM
Just spray some WD-40 in the motor at the end of the day, power it up and give it some throttle (slow speed only) to spread it around inside and all will be well!

I have been running the same UL-1 motor on mine for 3 years with no issues. Its been upside down, sprayed etc more times than I care to admit.

Andris Golts
11-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Thank you all for the great information i have corrosion x on my work bench i will give it a spray . Regards Andris Golts.

topfuel443
11-24-2012, 11:23 AM
I run all FE outboards, and use WD40 and Corrosion X liberally. Never had an issue.