PDA

View Full Version : Castle 2028 Motor New

BigAL
11-19-2012, 08:56 AM
SOLD

New in box Castle 2028 Motor.
$185 shipped via insured UPS to the lower 48 states. Paypal only please. Thanks for looking!

oscarel
11-19-2012, 06:05 PM
Will you take $175?

jevmax
11-20-2012, 08:48 AM
Al,
I'll take that motor at $185

oscarel
11-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Paypal sent, thanks!

BigAL
11-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Sorry, jevmax I already sold it to Oscar. Couldn't update the post right away, my darn water heater burst!

Doug Smock
11-20-2012, 12:12 PM
What happened between 7:05pm and 10:17am??
All deals must be posted in the thread fellas.:nono: Apparently SOMETHING happened behind the scenes.:Shame_on_You:

Doug

oscarel
11-20-2012, 12:35 PM
What happened between 7:05pm and 10:17am??
All deals must be posted in the thread fellas.:nono: Apparently SOMETHING happened behind the scenes.:Shame_on_You:

Doug

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy? Only thing behind the scenes was an accepted offer. Did you see my offer posted at 5:05pm last night?

Doug Smock
11-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Why does everything have to be a conspiracy? Only thing behind the scenes was an accepted offer. Did you see my offer posted at 5:05pm last night?

The swap shop is a free service provided by OSE. All that is asked is that the rules are followed, and they are not optional.
6. "ALL offers and deals must be done on the forum and NOT in private messages! rule changed to "Must" on 8/10/2012".

Please take the time to read and understand the rules if you are going to continue to use this free service.

Thanks in advance.
Doug:tiphat:

forescott
11-20-2012, 07:30 PM
I think the OSE police is jumping the gun on this one..... give the guy a little leeway. Geeesh.

domwilson
11-20-2012, 09:18 PM
The rules are here to minimize misunderstandings and to make it more transparent as to who is offering to buy vs. who is just interested. In the past we had some really bad experiences with sellers and buyers having major issues over who offered first and who the item was sold to. The rules make it clearer for all participants.

Diegoboy
11-20-2012, 09:48 PM
Doug was right in questioning. That's all he was doing, Questioning. It is clear that a back door acceptance took place. How else would Oscarel know which paypal address to send funds to, considering all previous versions of the edited OP never displayed a PP address. If you (seller) had time to log in and type up a PM accepting the offer and giving out your PP address, you should have had time to update this thread before or right after. Granted, it's a minor bend of the rules, but without compiling a thick legal document created by lawyers with all that legal jargon most don't read, there's no way to cover all loopholes that may occur. Heck, we cant get everyone to read the short simple rules we did post. It's the job of the Mods to determine the loopholes in the rules and act on them. Please show a little respect to the Mods when we enforce a rule, we tolerate a great deal and take abuse from members that break rules, but feel righteous. We as mods are just devoted OSE members like you, but took on the added responsibility with no pay to better this community. Yet, we are seen as power hungry armchair warriors and unappreciated by most. It's a thankless job, and no wonder I am considering retiring.
Please, keep this community a pleasent place to be and show respect. Oscarel won the item fairly, but it should have been posted here to eliminate hard feelings.

Diegoboy
11-20-2012, 09:50 PM
I think the OSE police is jumping the gun on this one..... give the guy a little leeway. Geeesh.

...oh, and as for jumping the gun, That is our job! We try to stop a problem before it gets out of hand.

Brushless55
11-21-2012, 12:48 AM
...oh, and as for jumping the gun, That is our job! We try to stop a problem before it gets out of hand.

Bingo! :iagree:

Steven Vaccaro
11-21-2012, 08:55 AM
"The swap shop is a free service provided by OSE. All that is asked is that the rules are followed, and they are not optional.
6. "ALL offers and deals must be done on the forum and NOT in private messages! rule changed to "Must" on 8/10/2012".

Im not so sure why this is difficult to follow. I understand the water heater busted, but sometime in there he found time to respond to a private message. Am I missing something?

Rumdog
11-21-2012, 10:37 AM
Wait... Now we have to put the Paypal address in the thread?? What step was missed here? Just asking. Not being a smart****. Ii see an offer in the thread. Only thing I don't see is it being marked sold right away.

Fluid
11-21-2012, 11:26 AM
I don't think that posting a PayPal address is required - not in the rules. Steps missed:

- Buyer did not agree in the thread to buy the item
- Seller did not mark the item sold "pending payment" immediately after deal was agreed upon

Without this information other potential buyers have no idea that the item is not still for sale - that is why jevmax made an offer. The mods are just doing what they are supposed to do.

Ksheren
11-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Guys it is very simple. This is a PRIVATE forum. Steve is nice enough to allow us to use his forum.
He doesn’t charge us to use it. The only thing he asks us to do is FOLLOW A FEW SIMPLE RULES.
I like the privilege of using his PRIVATE forum and we should respect his wishes.

Just my 2 cents

Kevin

Steven Vaccaro
11-21-2012, 07:34 PM
Of course Paypal email info should be in private messages.