PDA

View Full Version : Radio glitching

koolstrike
06-08-2008, 10:46 PM
I am getting constant radio glitching. While running boat sometimes fails to respond to the transmitter and stops or sometimes it just takes off and runs away.

It is glitching on both throttle and steering, sometime independently of each other sometimes together.

I have fresh batteries in the transmitter and about a month ago I put a new receiver in, which cured a previous problem I had where the boat would not respond or even do the initial beep setup.

Any idea as to the source of the problem?

2 weeks ago the boat did a run away and I now have a frankenboat, ugly as can be but it still floats after repairing the crash damage.

Second question is has anybody run a spektrum in their boats and if so, how well does it work?

Thanks

Fluid
06-09-2008, 07:23 AM
The most likely problem is the poor quality radio that came with the boat. Either get a good FM radio, or a 2.4 gig system. I run a Spektrum in all my boats without problems - as long as the antenna extends above the deck and I use a freshly charged 6-volt receiver pack.

flyboy320
06-09-2008, 08:59 AM
I was having bad problems with glitching when I was using a BEC. I switched to using a dedicated rx battery, and glitching gone.

I have also found that using a ferite ring/bead and wrap the ESC signal wire around it also helps.

Doby
06-09-2008, 10:04 AM
I run a DX 3 Spektrum with no problems at all.

all in
06-09-2008, 02:39 PM
My Specktum is great!!!. How do you disconnect the BEC?

koolstrike
06-10-2008, 03:35 AM
What do you use in order to run a dedicated receiver battery? Where do you put the battery?

SweetAccord
07-20-2008, 12:51 PM
The battery goes in the boat, and connects to the reciever. You disconnect the BEC on the ESC by removing the red wire usually as that is the hot line.