PDA

View Full Version : Swordfish data logging

worriedsick4u
11-12-2012, 08:46 PM
I have the new version 240HV and I can't get the data logging page to open when I click on it. Anyone else have this problem?

steveo
11-13-2012, 04:12 AM
the way i understand it its a raw file and i had to down load a program free it should explain it in maybe the help section and even bring u to a location to down load it, as i am not 100% my wife helped me, the esc is only supported by a few os systems and i did not have that type to run it so i think thats why i had trouble- shoot me a pm tomorrow and i will help u out, other than that its real easy to use, i have the 200 and have used to log my revolt30 with ul-1 motor

worriedsick4u
11-13-2012, 05:38 AM
Thanks Bro. I have the program downloaded. I use it to set up my ESC. I just can't get it to download the frigging data. I'll shoot you a pm later today. I think I'm gonna hit the local lake this weekend. Maybe we can meet up?

kevinpratt823
05-19-2013, 07:33 AM
I have the new version 240HV and I can't get the data logging page to open when I click on it. Anyone else have this problem?
I am in the same boat, running windows XP. Did you get this working?
I beleive I have my permissions settings open, but I'm no computer genius, and my hard drive only appears to have one location(C:), not sure where else to go as these are the 2 issues a search came up with.

I can change parameters, but can't open the data logging..........

worriedsick4u
05-19-2013, 08:23 AM
I am in the same boat, running windows XP. Did you get this working?
I beleive I have my permissions settings open, but I'm no computer genius, and my hard drive only appears to have one location(C:), not sure where else to go as these are the 2 issues a search came up with.

I can change parameters, but can't open the data logging..........
I gave up trying. If you figure it out, let me know.

kevinpratt823
05-19-2013, 09:20 AM
I gave up trying. If you figure it out, let me know.
Will do, somebody out here must have figured it out..................???????

keithbradley
05-19-2013, 11:48 AM
Uninstall, re-download but do not save to drive C. Just save it to an arbitrary space, like "documents".
If it doesn't work, let me know.

kevinpratt823
05-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Uninstall, re-download but do not save to drive C. Just save it to an arbitrary space, like "documents".
If it doesn't work, let me know.
Tried this, still unable to access logging and records............
It still goes under C:documents and settings when I put it into "My Documents" not sure if that is what you meant......
It still goe under a seperate folder that acessed seperately from the C: (local drive) icon under My Computer.

keithbradley
05-19-2013, 05:08 PM
Kpratt is your ESC a 240 or 300?

Worriedsick, where did you get your 240HV?
I don't think Steve carries a 240 that datalogs...are you sure you have an ESC with a datalogger?

EDIT:

To clarify, the "Pro" Swordfish ESCs do not have dataloggers, only the "Pro+"

kevinpratt823
05-19-2013, 05:18 PM
Wow Keith, what a profound revelation, you are a genius. Mine is a 240pro hv, and on further inspection, data logging is not listed as a feature in the description on the OSE store.
I guess I was just under the impression that all the new versions had it.

I bought it as a quick replacement for the Castle 200hv that turned into a brownie last week, guess I didn't read closely enough.
Kind of a bummer that with all the new versions, this one didn't get data logging........

Edit: Mine is a 240hv Pro, apparently it is the Pro Plus that has the data logging.....

worriedsick4u
05-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Mine is the pro plus. So frustrating I quit trying.

keithbradley
05-19-2013, 06:14 PM
So yours has the gold label, correct?
When you attempt to upload the datalogs, you get a box that says "runtime error"?

Do as I mentioned earlier and re-download the program, installing it to another location. It will be simple and you will be reading data in just a few minutes.

Jason4636
05-20-2013, 07:35 AM
Keith is right, I kept getting the run time error. Uninstalled it, then reinstalled it in my documents. Everything works great