PDA

View Full Version : Lets fix the issues with the Impulse 31

olwarbirds
11-12-2012, 10:27 AM
The PB Impulse 31: even though it does have issues, the hull and most the hardware are good.

first issue: Motor/esc Wires from motor to bullet connectors are too small for the claimed 6S compatability...Need suggestions for a decently priced motor IE: leopard/tenshock etc...not really interested in using any HK motors...want to setup for fun and club racing...Plan on using an ose upgraded hobbywing 120-180 amp esc

second issue: first run problem already, the motor to flex cable coupler shown here http://www.proboatmodels.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=PRB4259 is really a bad choice by PB for this boat. It only has set/grub screws on one side, so centering the flexshaft so it can handle 30,000 rpms +- is more than likely impossible. On ours the flex cable shredded at the coupler twice in about 2-3 mins of total runtime...so a new coupler and flex cable are in order...

We will be running 2 11.1v 5000mah 40c+ lipos in series....

Please give us some suggestions...motor/coupler/flexcable/prop

Also ive seen some nice dual water intake rudders and would like to know where to get them

This is not a bash PB thread...I hope we can fix these problems on our boats and help others at the same time....maybe PB will see this and take note...tks DJ

olwarbirds
11-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Even though we dont want to use a HK motor...if you have a HK setup you want to discuss or show vids of...please show us...others want to see it too.. tks DJ

olwarbirds
11-13-2012, 10:42 AM
In order to install a colletted style coupler, you wll have to shorten the stuffing tube some...the space between motor shaft and stuffing tube is very limited....so be aware of motor shaft lengths when picking your new motor...we havnt decided on what motor to use yet...still looking and waiting on some suggestions... DJ

olwarbirds
11-18-2012, 10:18 AM
we got the OSE upgraded coupler/liner/flexshaft/propnut....very nice quality, well done OSE...with this setup, you dont have to shorten the stuffing tube at all, its a direct replacement to the stock components. We are still running the stock motor/esc for now....I will post pics, once I get a new digicam... DJ

olwarbirds
01-16-2013, 04:32 PM
My buddy tried a leopard 4082 2000kv with a 180 amp esc ...stock prop on 6S...it was uncontrollable...boat was running way to dry...a 1800kv motor and different prop would be a better choice... DJ