SweetAccord
11-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Thanks Steven!

G-UNIT
11-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Good info, saved to favorites.

raptor347
11-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Pay particular attention to images 48 and 49. You'll make more overall gains in performance by paying attention to the blade cross section shape and trailing edge detail.

Just my .02, what do I know.

detox
11-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Starting out with a good quality thin casting helps lots. I have seen some new props that look near impossible to thin and sharpen. The Octura m445 is usually a good thin casting to work with.

Mike Caruso
11-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Great Job man. I am lucky that I had been inside Mercury Racing and stood right next to the people that hand polish and put the final touches on full size boat props. You have provide THE PLACE FOR RC PROPELLER INFORMATION. Steven thank you so much for providing a place to put it The first class forum that we all use and are learning from. Finally I want to thank everyone participates. Thanks Folk's

Mike Caruso
11-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Pay particular attention to images 48 and 49. You'll make more overall gains in performance by paying attention to the blade cross section shape and trailing edge detail.

Just my .02, what do I know.

Thanks for the tips!

Mike Caruso
11-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Starting out with a good quality thin casting helps lots. I have seen some new props that look near impossible to thin and sharpen. The Octura m445 is usually a good thin casting to work with.

Great way to show what to do and final shape.

KartRacer
01-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Thanks Steven, great reading.
Now a comment. Most of the information is unfortunately over my head. One thing that I gleaned from all of the info is that maybe a larger diameter, lower pitch may be a better selection on my leopard 1490kv, 4092. The current setup only turns 28,000 on 6s while unloaded rpm calculates to 38,000. In my mind, :) this means that the motor is working too hard and unable to make rev's.
Your comments on my theory are VERY welcome, as I said the info is basically over my head.
Thanks in advance.

jcald2000
01-22-2013, 07:03 AM
3.7 volts per cell loaded for racing works for me.

Wetter
09-07-2013, 09:01 AM
i am sure soaking this in ,
now if i can get the proper pitch in my head it will spin slower.
more info to dive into,
funny my sail boats do not seem to have quite the same problems:huh:
gee wilikers i am not building until i have finished this class and receive a prop diploma.
you all are just taking all the fun out of boating:nono::roflol:

CharlesR
12-30-2017, 05:33 PM
Hello I'm new here but this metal work your decsribing is well witbin my expertise.Im a special order jeweler with a full shop capable Of cutting resurfacing shaping bead finishing or mirror finishes .Of course I do not have the knowledge .But I'm fully capable of following directions If anyone needed any kind of metal work.Plus I'm mm friendly as far as measurements are concerned .Plus I have full balancing capabilities as well .And can offer laser welding as well . Restivo designs.com