PDA

View Full Version : Esc seaking 120

MAMBA2200
11-03-2012, 12:00 PM
well last night i went to run my revolt and put it in the water made it about 75ft and it just died everything stopped :ohmy:i was just running about 1/2 throttle so i got in the recovery boat and went and got it came in UN-taped it and looked inside and nothing:confused2: no smoke no heat just a funky smell i was using a 5s pack checked temps and the esc was ambient temp and so was everything else so i got the laptop out to check the eagle tree and still nothing unusual max amps was 32a so i don't know what went wrong there gonna replace it for me but i hate when something goes wrong and there's no explanation nothing to explain the failure but that's just the way it goes with electronics sometimes :noidea:

kevinpratt823
11-03-2012, 12:42 PM
well last night i went to run my revolt and put it in the water made it about 75ft and it just died everything stopped :ohmy:i was just running about 1/2 throttle so i got in the recovery boat and went and got it came in UN-taped it and looked inside and nothing:confused2: no smoke no heat just a funky smell i was using a 5s pack checked temps and the esc was ambient temp and so was everything else so i got the laptop out to check the eagle tree and still nothing unusual max amps was 32a so i don't know what went wrong there gonna replace it for me but i hate when something goes wrong and there's no explanation nothing to explain the failure but that's just the way it goes with electronics sometimes :noidea:
Who is going to replace it? Where did it come from? I have had no luck contacting Hobbywing on these, and I've been looking for who to send them to, other than Steve, as I would rather not bother him with Hobbywing's problem's.
FWIW, I have had the same thing happen to me on a 120, and a 180, both nothing out of the ordinary.........:confused2:

MAMBA2200
11-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Who is going to replace it?
i got it from hobbypartz.com they sent me a rma # and said they would get me another shipped out as soon as possible always had good luck with them on issues like this :thumbup:

kevinpratt823
11-03-2012, 05:03 PM
i got it from hobbypartz.com they sent me a rma # and said they would get me another shipped out as soon as possible always had good luck with them on issues like this :thumbup:
Thanks, good luck.