PDA

View Full Version : Does WIFI cause interference to 2.4 radio?

JCAustralia
11-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Hi Guys

I was testing my Fly Sky radio system near my WIFI station and notice that the servo of my boat was glitching.

i also have the same issue with my rock crawler when I play near the WIFI station......

I do not seem to have the same problem with my FM radion system.

Does WIFI cause interference to 2.4 radio?

Thanks

JC

JC

carlcisneros
11-03-2012, 01:11 PM
HHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM thats a first

just for snitz and giggles, I took my GT3B and a boat (esc not hooked up) and took it
up stairs to the wireless router in the office. IT does make the servo chatter a bit. I took my JR FM radio and
my Nomadio (2.4) radio and tried it with the Nomadio first, servo chattered a bit like the GT3B. Moved both radio's back about 2-3 feet and it stopped chattering. The JR on FM did not chatter at all.

Who'd a thunk it. Learn something new everyday. :smile:

BHChieftain
11-03-2012, 06:57 PM
If you put the servo in a microwave I bet it'll chatter for a bit too...
:tongue:

Chief

carlcisneros
11-03-2012, 08:59 PM
just like pop corm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:rofl:

JCAustralia
11-04-2012, 07:19 AM
Went to the lake today and had no issue with the GT3B radio like I did at home.

Must be the WIFI.....

electric
11-04-2012, 07:27 AM
I might be wrong on this, but as I recall 2.4 radios use a thing called GUID(Global Unique Identifier). This is a string of numbers that is sent from the transmitter to the receiver. The receiver ignores all other commands except those that come with that unique string of numbers in front of it. When you bind the Radio to the Receiver that is what is in affect is happening. A set of numbers is established between the two.

The other factor is all of the data being sent getting to the receiver cleanly after the string a numbers are sent. Here is how spektrum explains it.
All Spektrum DSM® technology, from the first DSM protocol to DSM2™ and DSMX™, has been built on the superior on-channel interference resistance and coding gain of wideband DSSS (Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum). Compared to the wideband signal of a DSM2 or DSMX system, the narrow-band signal of other 2.4 transmitters is more likely to suffer crucial data loss in the event of on-channel interference. Think of wideband 2.4 as a river and narrow-band 2.4 as a stream. It takes much more interference to stop a river than it does to stop a stream.

The big reason wideband is so robust is coding gain. Essentially what this means is that the unique coding in a Spektrum wideband signal allows it to be heard well above the noise of surrounding 2.4GHz signals without requiring any more power. In fact, a Spektrum wideband signal can achieve as much as 3X the range of its narrow-band competition using the same amount of power.

banixj
11-05-2012, 07:04 AM
in my house i have wifi and when i switch on my fly sky radio, the receiver works good but internet go down...

JCAustralia
11-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Happen to me also all the time. No such issues with my old trusted FM radio.....

St3alth_Frenzy
11-05-2012, 09:57 AM
most of the wifi world is at 2.4ghz, and when you place your rc close to the roughter, your spamming it with interference.