PDA

View Full Version : put down the transmitter

morewattsnow
11-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Had a close call the other day getting a boat out of the water. Transmitter in my left hand, picked up the boat with my right. Feet went out from under me in the mud, went on my butt. Transom lying on my ankle, throttle finger spasming, prop winding up my blue jeans. Broke the 3/16 cable, ruined the pants but no injuries. So now I put down the tx when picking up the boat. Seems simple, doesn't it. And if you don't think I'm lucky, take a look at the guys foot on the Quickdraw engines website. He really got hurt. Glad I wasn't wearing shorts. Thought I'd pass it along.

Fluid
11-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Thanks for taking the time to report. I've seen more than one experienced racer do the same thing (minus the ruined pants) and have come close myself. 90% of the time I set the transmitter down, should be 100%.

morewattsnow
11-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Here's the link to the Quickdraw site. Not for the faint of heart. A fun trip to the pond can be a disaster in a heartbeat. Let's all be careful.

http://quickdrawengines.com/Page_102.html

KartRacer
11-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Wow
Thanks for the post! New to FE boats. I see I need to start good habits.

TheShaughnessy
11-02-2012, 08:28 PM
i was bench testing once and there was a paper towel near by. Squeezed the trigger and the paper towel got sucked in and turned into confetti, poof and there were bits everywhere. That was enough for me to always treat that prop like a loaded gun.

jamespl
11-03-2012, 03:55 AM
A s/b prop would make short work of anyone's fingers. Or anything else for that matter!

siberianhusky
11-03-2012, 05:03 AM
I would have taken the hit from an rc prop over the full sized one anyday! But any prop accident is very messy! AN rc prop probably would have been better because it would have been sharper, the scars on my left leg are over a half inch wide and go from about an inch long to over 4"!

96XP
11-03-2012, 05:28 AM
Image was a wake-up call. No snoozin' at the grip.
Thanks for the post.