PDA

View Full Version : Kids Ride On Brushless Conversion

MR2NR
10-28-2012, 11:24 AM
So I got a ride on toy FJ Cruiser Disney from Motion Trendz for the kids and got the batt out to charge it the 14 hours!!!! lol. Looking at the motor it is no bigger than the one in my boat?!?! So has anybody Had an old RC motor that they threw in there kids ride on toy lol. I would like to change the power supply as well but will stay stock for a while . I have seen RC conversions on these but nothing which replaces the motor with a brushless and lipo setup lol. Anyways just pondering on this.....and yes I will have a very high voltage cutout, temp sensors, and prob put the hard case lipo batt in a metal enclosure if anything goes wrong.

stadiumyamaha
10-28-2012, 12:38 PM
I didn't go the brushless route but do have my kids electric atv boosted to 24v rather than the stock 12v. The biggest problem is the gears in the trans holding up.
We ended up using different gears from other 24v models and its held together well with no need to worry about speed controllers or reducers.
You can see him riding it on my YouTube page. Www.youtube.com/stadiumyamaha
Good luck.

NativePaul
10-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Castle did a Barbie Jeep at as show with dual Mamba Maxs 7700s
tested in their parking lot later at 18mph on 2s www.youtube.com (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD-nJS9gqp0)