PDA

View Full Version : Epoxy came loose on Aquacraft motor can it be fixed?

monojeff
10-28-2012, 12:07 AM
The glue that holds the magnets to the can came loose on a motor I have can it be fixed??

justski
10-28-2012, 01:36 AM
i have rebuilt many starters and alternator for 20 years and had to epoxy many magnets back in starters ..just make sure when you pull them out you mark them so they go back in the same way

monojeff
10-28-2012, 01:43 AM
It's not the magnets it's the entire piece inside the can.
Magnets are all where they are suppose to be and haven't come loose.
How should I go about it take everything out and epoxy the inside of can then put everything back?
I assume I should scuff everything prior to doing this.

Also what type of epoxy?
Motor tends to run how which is why I think this happened.

justski
10-28-2012, 01:47 AM
do you have any pictures ?....all we use to use was JB Weld but not the fast set use the slow set its harder and yes clean it real good and scuff it good

monojeff
10-30-2012, 01:32 PM
Here is a picture you can see the epoxy has started to break apart and I can spin the can and move the stator up and down but can not get it out of the can.

I was reading a few other threads on other forums and people were mentioning loctite 410 or black max.

If I do want to try and fix this then I just put the glue at the top and bottom of the stator or do I need to get it out to put it all over the back side?

justski
10-30-2012, 07:06 PM
i know people do use loctite if it was me i would try to pull it out .. if you can get it out with out hurting it ....it looks like it was just glued on the top ...what i would do is get the stator out clean it real good (MAKE SURE YOU MARK WHERE IT SITS) then put it back together with loctite THE HARDEST ONE YOU CAN FIND and then put a lil bead around the top of JB....but than again i am a over doer but i never had any of my motors come back