PDA

View Full Version : Seaking ESC testing, capacitors? Warranty?

kevinpratt823
10-26-2012, 02:40 PM
I have a Seaking 180 that doesn't respond to throttle input. The steering works, and it draws a small arc when plugging it in. Could it be an easy fix, possibly capacitors? How can I test this to find out?
I have sent an email to Hobbywing for warranty a few days ago, haven't heard back. I did a search for Seaking warranty on here bu found nothing, is there a quicker route to get replacement if I can't get it fixed?
Thanks for any input.

drwayne
10-26-2012, 06:59 PM
does it 'play' music through the motor on 'arc' up ?

kevinpratt823
10-27-2012, 06:47 AM
does it 'play' music through the motor on 'arc' up ?
I meant to mention that, thanks. No, it does not make any sound(through the motor)

drwayne
10-27-2012, 07:36 AM
Hi
1) is it labeled Seaking 180 or Turnigy 180 ?
The Seaking had an on/of switch I seem to recall.

2) if the signal(white) wire from Rx to esc is damaged/broken,, the esc wont 'startup'

W

kevinpratt823
10-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Hi
1) is it labeled Seaking 180 or Turnigy 180 ?
The Seaking had an on/of switch I seem to recall.

2) if the signal(white) wire from Rx to esc is damaged/broken,, the esc wont 'startup'

W
It is a Seaking, I've had a couple of them, no switches, pretty sure the wires are all there, and even if it's not plugged in to a reciever, I'm pretty sure it would chime single tones until it gets a signal..........

devo
10-27-2012, 11:16 PM
I've got one seaking 180 doing the exact same thing, mine is almost new and the problems started after I reprogrammed it, I actually bought mine from offshore electrics and was going to see if they would help me out.

kevinpratt823
10-28-2012, 07:46 AM
I've got one seaking 180 doing the exact same thing, mine is almost new and the problems started after I reprogrammed it, I actually bought mine from offshore electrics and was going to see if they would help me out.
I got mine from Steven about a month ago also, but if I can take care of it myself directly I'd rather not bother him with these issues.

devo
10-28-2012, 10:07 AM
Thats about the same time I bought mine from him, im wondering if there is a bad batch of these escs going around, please let me know if you figure something out

KartRacer
10-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Mine has done the same thing, I thought it was the Traxxas radio and receiver so I ordered a new Futaba radio and receiver, Took the receiver out of my truck and It works fine now and no there is no music. I think it is the Futaba Connector not making proper contact. Wiggled the connector and it works fine. Unit is also from Steven. going to hook the new radio and receiver tomorrow.

kevinpratt823
10-28-2012, 07:22 PM
Mine has done the same thing, I thought it was the Traxxas radio and receiver so I ordered a new Futaba radio and receiver, Took the receiver out of my truck and It works fine now and no there is no music. I think it is the Futaba Connector not making proper contact. Wiggled the connector and it works fine. Unit is also from Steven. going to hook the new radio and receiver tomorrow.
I will double check my other Seaking 180 tomorrow, but I'm almost positive that if you plug just a battery into the esc, without plugging the esc into a RX, you still get some tones, just a single beep every 5 seconds or so I think.........So it is likely not your RX.

KartRacer
10-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Ok so you all had me wondering. So I went out and set up the new radio. Seems logic is a little strange but all is good now working properly.