PDA

View Full Version : Switch for esc

ken webb
10-26-2012, 01:53 PM
Anyone using a switch between the esc and receiver? Haven't seen any photos of switches installed.

Southwest
10-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Sure have. DuPro has a safety switch which shuts off juice to rx/esc and safe to work around the prop. I have put these in my boats. There are cable type used by Europeans that pulls out and is required there. Safety!!

siberianhusky
10-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Why would you want the RX off but the esc still powered? Turning off everything I understand, but not shutting off the rx only.
The old proboat esc has a switch that shuts down everything, but they are the only brushless esc I know that come that way.

Southwest
10-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Well, shutting down rx serves the purpose to do some work for a few minutes. Now better safe than sorry. I've been prop cut on inside part of wrist when i slipped holding boat down and oops. I had several cuts down the wrist. Enough said.

Rocstar
10-26-2012, 06:12 PM
Working around props while the motor is in any way connected to a battery is a bad idea...just saying.

drwayne
10-26-2012, 06:55 PM
@SouthFork.
Europe and Australia ( and most everywhere but US ) have a safety loop between main battery and ESC for total power disconnect from ESC.

Turning off / disconnecting Rx from an active ESC is just plain STUPID as the ESC is now uncontrolled.

Accidents happen most frequently in the hands of beginners.

Hope the scratches were nt too deep, the event leaves a lasting reminder that toys bite back

dana
10-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Working around props while the motor is in any way connected to a battery is a bad idea...just saying.
100% agree. I made the mistake of it once and caught my thumb on a x440/3 at wot. It was gory. I NEVER EVER go near a prop when batteries are plugged in. Lesson learned, a very painful lesson

ken webb
10-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Point taken. Never thought about disconnecting batteries. I learned, that's why I ask.