PDA

View Full Version : Twin motor ESC - Dual 120A/6S for twin motor applications

properchopper
10-23-2012, 02:21 PM
New, never powered up FCR dual motor speed control for twin motor installs up to 6S per motor. Battery wires are 8 gauge, motor wires are 10 gauge with 6mm connectors and spark suppression wire. Built-in 3A BEC

Here's a vid of the programming procedure and the setting options :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5_ZrWVTVkE&feature=youtu.be

FCR sells this for $183.75 + shipping

My price : $ 150.00 shipped CONUS and I'll throw in a nib free $20 FCR programming box PP preferred

87082 87083

Make-a-Wake
10-23-2012, 02:49 PM
Does it run two motors opposite directions???????

properchopper
10-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Does it run two motors opposite directions???????

If I understnd your question correctly, Yup; as it's basically two 120A esc's siamesed you could configure the motor wires to rotate each motor in either direction. As it has reverse, might make a nice rescue boat esc or a dual brushless Villian :wink:

Make-a-Wake
10-23-2012, 03:10 PM
might make a nice rescue boat esc or a dual brushless Villian:wink:

LOL.........one motor is plenty for a Villain but thats pretty cool that it runs two motors opposite directions with one RX lead. Would be great for a twin Mystic/Motley etc......................

properchopper
10-23-2012, 03:14 PM
LOL.........one motor is plenty for a Villain but thats pretty cool that it runs two motors opposite directions with one RX lead. Would be great for a twin Mystic/Motley etc......................

Actually my original plan was for a twin motor Mean Machine but I have other plans for the MM and I need to raise $$ for my single-motor Cheetah now on the bench

LOVE6S
10-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Hi Tony, I may be interested in the esc, looked at these when FC sold them, not sure if they still do, most of there esc's went away after the switch over, most 120 amp esc's, such as turnigy or sea king, tend not to like 6s so much, but are really dependable on 5s,or atleast thats what I thought, I could be wrong, do you have any feed back from any one thats run this on 6s, do they hold up pretty well? It is a rated 6s, but just thought I would ask, thanks.

properchopper
10-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Hi Tony, I may be interested in the esc, looked at these when FC sold them, not sure if they still do, most of there esc's went away after the switch over, most 120 amp esc's, such as turnigy or sea king, tend not to like 6s so much, but are really dependable on 5s,or atleast thats what I thought, I could be wrong, do you have any feed back from any one thats run this on 6s, do they hold up pretty well? It is a rated 6s, but just thought I would ask, thanks.

I have to be honest and say that I haven't run any of the FCR esc's at 6S. I do know that in general most of the FC speedies are for HV applications and have been specifically designed as such. I just put a call in to a teammate who runs dual motor boats and lives in the HV realm and expect a call back soon.

LOVE6S
10-24-2012, 06:28 PM
Tony, just thought I would let you know I am gona pass on this one, good luck with the sale, have a great day, Shawn.