PDA

View Full Version : HV FlyModel Escs arrived today Pics

crrcboatz
10-22-2012, 07:29 PM

Here r some pics of the 16s/280amp escs (2) I ordered and one of the 8s/250 amp escs I ordered from Fly models. I had them add 5 additional capacitors that match the other 5 already on the unit. They r 85vX500mf each. This unit seems to be well sealed as the pics indicate. They have 2 water cooled plates each on a single unit, which seems good to me

Now I removed the shrink tubing on the 8s unit in order to treat it with corrosion x overnite. Each pic of it is of opposite sides. The 6 capacitors r 35v/330mf.

Comments?? Oops the remaining 2 pics r on the next entry of the thread!

crrcboatz
10-22-2012, 07:31 PM

Here r the other 2 of the 8s one without the shrink tubing on it. Also the programming module and 2 patch cords r in the earlier pics.

carlcisneros
10-23-2012, 01:28 AM
here ya go boatz

plug a reciever battery pack into the program box plug closest to the programming buttons to make sure
the box turns on correctly.

gerardobrandao
10-23-2012, 04:58 AM
Hello

250 AMP trough 6 FET, means 2 per phase, one on the high side, and the other one on the low side...... smells me :flashfire:
Mine YGE 160 has 3 fets per phase, 3 on the high side and 3 on the low side....Just for comparision...but it´s just mine 0.02 cents ....CHINESE STUFF

carlcisneros
10-23-2012, 08:36 AM
the 8S 250A esc has been a very robust unit since it came out.
very good unit if they continue to build it to Bens specs.

sampit
10-23-2012, 08:52 AM
One of my new 8s 250A worked for five runs only, now its in garbage bin! didnt get wet, just stopped working.only running a Leopard 4074 1400kv 6s Rivercat setup as well. one down one to go. we will see.

crrcboatz
10-23-2012, 09:18 AM
At the stage I have it can easily add additional capacitors. As for chinese stuff some of us can't buy THE BEST. Anyhow bet u have chinese stuff all over ur house, at work, etc. Will do the best I can with what I have. Gerardo although u r critical I still wish u the best!!

gerardobrandao
10-23-2012, 09:32 AM
At the stage I have it can easily add additional capacitors. As for chinese stuff some of us can't buy THE BEST. Anyhow bet u have chinese stuff all over ur house, at work, etc. Will do the best I can with what I have. Gerardo although u r critical I still wish u the best!!

I didn´t say that for any bad reason.....don´t get me wrong...neither i can have all the best stuff...we are at the same level....Just saying that chinese stuff, it´s like eating a cat thinking you are eating a rabbit.....
I have chinese stuff all over the place, but when i get to high grade stuff and high power, i go for the best i can.....That´s why i only have 2 boats....but from the best it is availabel...WHY!!??!
Baecause after frustration...and !())!(#/&#%&#"%=#%"=# you pay the same money and we all could get all that in the first instance...
Like "Kings of Convenience" music..." whe can´t buy gold for the price of silver"

Been there...Done that....I started making mine first boat from Fruit box wood.....Instead of being a boat it was a submarine...Now, last year sold the boat that took the world record in his class T Hydro.....

Just giving you an input from experience, to be valuable, not in ANY WAY to criticize!!!

Best Regards

ray schrauwen
10-23-2012, 09:33 AM
I wil wait until spring to see new controllers like every year something new comes out. It's getting too cold to go boating much more this year. Need to double up on long underwear.

I bet you $5 HobbyKing comes out with their version of these esc's in a prettier package. Not that it matters but, maybe... I've seen it happen pretty often, They need more esc's for their bigger motors now since they only sell a SF/Hifei 240 thats out of stock most times.

ray schrauwen
10-23-2012, 09:45 AM
I didn´t say that for any bad reason.....don´t get me wrong...neither i can have all the best stuff...we are at the same level....Just saying that chinese stuff, it´s like eating a cat thinking you are eating a rabbit.....
I have chinese stuff all over the place, but when i get to high grade stuff and high power, i go for the best i can.....That´s why i only have 2 boats....but from the best it is availabel...WHY!!??!
Baecause after frustration...and !())!(#/&#%&#"%=#%"=# you pay the same money and we all could get all that in the first instance...
Like "Kings of Convenience" music..." whe can´t buy gold for the price of silver"

Been there...Done that....I started making mine first boat from Fruit box wood.....Instead of being a boat it was a submarine...Now, last year sold the boat that took the world record in his class T Hydro.....

Just giving you an input from experience, to be valuable, not in ANY WAY to criticize!!!

Best Regards

Whats wrong with cat? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWNH0sUw_ts Road kill cook-off in W. Viginia. They even cook cat!! 3:39 Says it tastes like chicken.

So if eating cat is all American then maybe these esc's aren't so bad.

Of course, i'm really just joking around. Interesting though huh?

gerardobrandao
10-23-2012, 09:52 AM
Whats wrong with cat? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWNH0sUw_ts Road kill cook-off in W. Viginia. They even cook cat!! 3:39 Says it tastes like chicken.

So if eating cat is all American then maybe these esc's aren't so bad.

Of course, i'm really just joking around. Interesting though huh?

...LOLOLO i just say this...because, in Portugal were i live we have that expression....thinking we are eating rabbit but we are eating cat....Gold for the price of silver.....We don´t eat cats in Portugal...

At least i don´t.... :nono:

Regards

gerardobrandao
10-23-2012, 09:54 AM
..Speed Controller...

A simple comparision...and why a speed controller costs 800$ USD
(I don´t know if its allowed me to put a link from other forum, if not mine excuses....)

http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.php?p=4188785&postcount=1

srislash
10-23-2012, 10:06 AM
I wil wait until spring to see new controllers like every year something new comes out. It's getting too cold to go boating much more this year. Need to double up on long underwear.
You too Ray,it sure changed quick here out west this year.But back to subject. A couple weeks ago my 1717 powered 35"DF let a flex go which then scattered a rotor and hit 9500 watts. My Castle 240 Ice needed to be reset but it lived.I am one happy boy that I paid the extra for an ESC.I have cooked three of the smaller FC ESC's from nothing more than heat.I do have a heavy FC twin ESC that I am tentative on running.I hate cleaning up that smoke smell.
Shawn