PDA

View Full Version : Repair Aquacraft Revolt Hull or replace. Other questions as well...

bwilder10h
10-18-2012, 04:28 PM
So my first post...:biggrin:

My new aquacraft Revolt 30 had a bad day. First run (maiden voyage) the cooling line from the rudder to the motor leaked and fulled the boat with water (there should be a zip tie or something on there from the factory). Got it all dried out and went back out. The pond across the street apparently has an aerator line that surfaced last week on the back side. I didn't see it until I had run overtop of it with the revolt and didn't see any issues so I ran her a couple more minutes. When I brought it in, it was dry inside but the back of the boat where the rudder mounts is cracked :frusty::frusty::doh::doh:

I guess the good news is its not leaking but I'm not comfortable running it as is. Thoughts on a repair or am I looking at a complete replacement?

Speaking of replacements, I made the mistake of going to the local hobby shop this week and checking out the new ProBoat Impulse which has a water proof hatch and doesn't require roll of tape to seal it up, which is a mistake by Aquacraft.

Are there aftermarket hulls I could look at that would seal like the Proboat and still support my single 4s configuration? I do like the single pack option in the Revolt and that is mainly why I went with it.

Thanks,
Brian

dana
10-18-2012, 05:00 PM
The proboat hatch design isn't as great as you think it is. It has been known to come loose in flips and completely fall off and practically sink boats. Tape really is the best method, as it's been tried and tested for years in Rc boating.
As for your crack, I usually pull the crack open and squirt some superglue (ca) into the crack, and push it tight and hold. It works well

MAMBA2200
10-19-2012, 01:31 PM
its fiberglass it can be fixed with what dana said or some epoxy either should work just fine:thumbup:

eocv
10-19-2012, 03:21 PM
I had the same issue with my Revolt, crack right along the top edge where the rudder is mounted. Some 5-minute epoxy did the job. :smile:

bwilder10h
10-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the replies gents. I was sick over the crack. Good to know it should be an easy fix...