PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about stock motor

bdp1174
10-17-2012, 03:46 AM
I noticed today when installing my flex cable back into the collet that the motor shaft and rotor moves a tiny bit forward and back when applying any pressure on it.When I first got it I remember having to pull on it a bit and push kind of hard to get the stock flex shaft in and out of the stock collet with the stock cable before I upgraded to OSE shaft and Octura collet.Motor seems to run fine but I noticed on my motley crew motor the shaft does not move at all forward and back.It is not much movement but I can look inside and at the bearing in the back and notice it move maybe a mm or so.Motor spins just fine and feels just like the MC motor in resistance.Should I be ok or what do you recommend I do.

I will make a video tommorow and show exactly what it does.

Thanks,

Brandon

electric
10-17-2012, 08:46 AM
I have had motors with some play back and forth when you push on the shaft. Has not been a problem at all.

BHChieftain
10-17-2012, 10:26 AM
My proboat and aquacraft motors have some play, and my neu does not. I used to run a thrust bearing on the proboat motors, but stopped-- I think it really does not matter and it is pretty easy to set up the thrust bearing incorrectly which can just make things worse. If the motor is running smooth and isn't overheating I would not worry about it. The only parts that should eventually wear out are the motor bearings and those are pretty easy to replace.

Chief

giobors
10-17-2012, 10:35 AM
Hi guys
Don't worry,you can't touch it but if you could do it,you feel that the shaft can't go forward or back because the permanent magnet fit on the shaft is hold in the magnetic field solid,or you can fit a thrust bearing
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=dh-53136&cat=167

Giorgio

giobors
10-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Hi guys
Don't worry,you can't touch it but if you could do it,you feel that the shaft can't go forward or back because the permanent magnet fit on the shaft is hold in the magnetic field solid,or you can fit a thrust bearing
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=dh-53136&cat=167

Giorgio

When i say you can't touch it obviously i mean when the motor spin:thumbup:

bdp1174
10-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Thanks guys.I appreciate the answers.