PDA

View Full Version : First Build NITRO FISH Australia

NITROFISH
10-16-2012, 03:32 AM
Hi All,

I had a brain wave to build a boat that is a little extreme. The hull that I am using is 1200 RCMK korean made and has been custom painted. Motors are LMT 2250/7 2 X ESC swordfish 240 pro running on 2 X 8S turnigy lipos each side, props not sure...I am regreting not buying a carbon fibre HPR but hopefully the next build will be fully extreme. I am planning on exceeding 150km/hr with the right props. If anyone has any ideas please share.

Thanks

Joseph

nata2run
10-16-2012, 04:38 AM
Hello, the HPR would have been a good choice for those motors, they are very powerful for sure, and could easy push my MHZ138 130km/h :) don't know much about your RCMK but one would think it takes a bit to go 150km/h. all the best with the build and keep us posted.

Fluid
10-16-2012, 06:56 AM
That is an extreme setup motor-wise, I hope your cheap packs are up to it. Odd choice, the most expensive motors available, lamenting not buying one of the most expensive hulls available - yet choosing the cheapest packs. Remember that all the power in an FE boat is in the packs. How many FE boats have you built?

Keeping the boat on the water at 150+ may be the biggest problem. Start with a pair of x447 L+R props and don't make more than a couple passes before bringing it in to check temps. Good luck with your goal!

nata2run
10-16-2012, 07:25 AM
Everything in the boat has to be up for the task of going 100mph not just the packs! If everything is up for it, then the Turnigy's can do it. I did 92mph on a bad day at 3/4 throttle. Definitely start at 447 props, a bit of luck and a proper setup you may be able to spin 450/3 but don't start with those. I also think you need 8s-9s to push it that fast on 447 but I'm only whispering that LOL you may just be a couple of rpm short on 8s? Baby steps though.....

Fluid
10-16-2012, 08:46 AM
Everything in the boat has to be up for the task of going 100mph not just the packs!...Huh? He already has the best motors and decent ESCs - then he compromises the setup with cheap packs. I don't care what your experience is with Turnigy packs - I've seen too many Turnigy packs burned up when over-amped. Their QC is poor: many cells work fine, others burn, puff, etc. This is a very high amp setup with those motors, if he runs too long he runs a large risk of damaging his entire setup. This is also too much boat for an FE beginner - if he is one.

I did 92mph on a bad day...
Really? How fast did you run on a "good" day? I thought your MHZ only went 130 k/hr? :blah: :olleyes:

nata2run
10-16-2012, 04:51 PM
This is the problem, you whisper and you get a yelling answer hehe, when I say that all components are up to it I also mean the boat itself! Not just motors, ESC and packs. That also include the build!, and the props.

And yes my boat was 132km on 6s, I had a run on 8 and didn't have a chance to spool her up, but still returned at 147. If it makes you feel better, I'm happy to call it the best day.....

If you don't care about my experience, that's just bad luck for you, because that's the only reason I'm here.

NITROFISH
10-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Yes this is the first boat build but I am very experianced in the motorsport and I have extensively researched this for at least 8 months and the reasons why I choose the Turnigy packs is due to the fact that it is the only one available to the Australian market in 8S we really don't have many options due the restrictions we face in the shipping because of our location. I understand all your concerns but I know whats right from wrong and will not take any silly chances, the boat will be tested under strict circumstances before under full power. The 150km/hr will be my future goal but either way I am happy because it has been a real mind teaser!

NITROFISH
10-22-2012, 07:59 AM
Finished off most of the wiring over the weekend fitted with 8mm gold connectors, also silicon and mounted hatch clips.

NITROFISH
11-05-2012, 05:22 AM
Working hard the last 2 weeks its nearly completed, hard work has paid off well here are some more pics of the build.Swordfish Escs wired & mounted,Water proof eletrical box & steering mounted.8790187902

NITROFISH
11-05-2012, 05:37 AM
Both LMT 2250/7 mounted,Black silicon water tube fitted,Brass stuffing tube with cabon fibre covers,2 x aluminum
battery mounts & 8mm shaft couplers thanks for looking.

siberianhusky
11-05-2012, 06:12 AM
What's with the on off switch? You should never, ever have the power going to the rx shut off when you have the batteries connected. Looks good other than that!
Are you usung bec or RX batteries?
BTW running part throttle will put much more load on your equipment than running full throttle, builds far more heat in the esc due to the switching, so the non full power testing idea isn't really that good, better off with smaller props at first running WOT then move up in prop size as you figure things out.

jcald2000
11-05-2012, 07:54 AM
The motor to ESC bullets need the shrink to totally cover the female half, the wires will move a lot under way, if they touch, bye bye ESC and motor, Don't ask me how I know!

nata2run
11-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Nice work, will be interesting to see how the SF perform with the Lehners? Agree with above, be very careful that you don't short the motor leads, would have been better to have the female bullets on the motor wires directly. That way they don't move.

drwayne
11-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Yes this is the first boat build but I am very experianced in the motorsport and I have extensively researched this for at least 8 months and the reasons why I choose the Turnigy packs is due to the fact that it is the only one available to the Australian market in 8S we really don't have many options due the restrictions we face in the shipping because of our location. I understand all your concerns but I know whats right from wrong and will not take any silly chances, the boat will be tested under strict circumstances before under full power. The 150km/hr will be my future goal but either way I am happy because it has been a real mind teaser!

rubbish !
Hyperion, TP and Entropy are readily available in many electric oriented Au LHS.
2x4S=8S.. a logical way to get better packs and run the voltage you seek

There are a couple guys at RMBC ( club who race where the boat at water in top pic is ) who can assist you with setups.
Kris Flynn is one who springs to mind !
Or there's me in SA.. ask around, Im famous ! ( infamous?)

Wayne

NITROFISH
11-06-2012, 06:01 AM
Thanks for your advice and positive feedback I'm using a MR3000 Marine 2.4GHz 3-Channel Receiver by Spektrum very responsive and also i'm in the process in removing the power switch and finding some wire separtors for safety, the reason why the wires are not directly connented to the motors because the SF wires are a little short had to right angle the wires not a good fit. SF are so easy to setup to the laptop and bind to the motors a few people have used this setup before and works great.!

drwayne
11-06-2012, 06:54 AM
Hi
Ive several twins built to Au rule spec..
These diags identify how to wire to suit AMPBA.
Note the safety loop in center, and the antizap resistor.

I remove the on/off switch on esc and extend to a switch mounted on deck
Use a DPST swicth where both esc can be operated without a connection between them.
I can send a diag/pic if you wish

regs
Wayne