PDA

View Full Version : only one beep

bllawins
06-04-2008, 12:15 PM
ok,i took the bout out, ran it for a while. flipped it over. it did get wet and water did get into the esc box. i dumped it out and ran it some more. then my remote batterys were dying. soi had to shut down. now when i start up the boat only beeps once and there is no responce when i throttle. any ideas? or is it time to get a new upgraded esc? thanks again

H&MWill
06-04-2008, 12:32 PM
The ESC is waterproof. Your problem might be your rx. Does the steering work? Have you adjusted the trims? Will

badag98
11-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Everything is Stock, I turn on the TX and then plug in the batteries, no beeps, the throttle button controlls the servo only? any ideas what could cause this, and help would be nice.

Thanks

Namnuta
11-30-2009, 02:33 PM
adjust your throttle trim, then your boat should arm.

badag98
11-30-2009, 03:01 PM
Thanks that worked, took it out and it ran pretty good, just one small problem. When I let off the Acc. the boat will continue to try to run, then stop and start all by itself. Any Ideas???

Namnuta
11-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Im still kinda a FE newb. But that sounds like an interference problem with your receiver. I had a similar problem with my keywest that i put SV27 parts in. It was random, and once my boat took off by itself onto the shore, across the lake from me.. Doh. I switched to a 2.4 GHz system and have had no issues.

A FE guru on here may give you better advice.

Cheers

scooterP
11-30-2009, 06:23 PM
If your reciever has had some water get into it, there is a good chance that it still has some moisture in it. I would suggest taking it out and drying it out throughly. You can then test and see if it still has the glitch. If not, seal it up with epoxy or some other sealer. Also, keep in mind that AM systems are prone to glitching much more than FM or 2.4. With everything being in such close proximity in the SV, it can be even worse. I have all of my electronics sealed and the reciever out of the radiobox and tucked up under the right rear side of mine and it helped quite a lot. I have also switched to FM and I have no glitches whatsoever.

watto
11-30-2009, 09:19 PM
Had some problems with mine aswell thats how i snapped the nose off and was also the reason for so many flips as as high speed I think the sceaming from the motor interfered (when the bearings were half stuffed she got noisy) and it would turn all of a sudden. So changed to a 2.4Ghz system really cheap off ebay ($120aud delivered to my door step) with 6 Receivers and haven't look back. Very smooth control, can drive it untill pretty much cant see it and the tx has lots of functions. Best thing I've ever done.