PDA

View Full Version : First FE....FC Cheetah single

AngLeo
10-14-2012, 06:14 PM
Hi.Been in RC for 20yrs but all wth cars,planes and big helis. Before ordering,I wanna get it right the first time. Been following boat forums for weeks,with help from a great friend and 15 yr + boat builder/racer,He helped narrow the choice of my first hull.Got it down to a Fighter Cat Cheetah.I love the CF one,but $200 more is hard to swallow.To keep it simple for my first,it will be single drive.Thinking Leopard 4092,1300kv ,SeaKing 180,6s2p 4000mah for power.For the hardware,an offset is what i found to be best,with the low Kv,ill need the room to swing big props.I wanna go SpeedMaster hardware,which im looking for just the right set-up. thinking the speedmaster 21 rudder. Ive seen on forums a skeg strut enables better turning on,the 21 strut isnt a skeg, but the larger Cat Strut is,but affraid its to big for this hull.So basicly looking for guys who have Cat like the Cheetah for opinions on My power choices ,Hardware selection ,including set back if the 21 rudder is the way to go.And is a skeg strut better in a cat? or just a 21 strut? Not racing,sport running,but want this thing to move out. All opinions are wecome,so dont be shy,so i can post pics and get opinions along the way....THANKS